S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
here is what I got to work: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/nfc-systems-s4-mini.96/page-232#post-73853

10.8 mm fan, should have more room to draw air in hopefully

EDIT: This guy used a 120mm slim fan

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/nfc-s4-mini-8700k-1080.5847/

Also, I think your situation may be more of a motherboard issue, maybe on a different board you will have better luck
Hmmm... what motherboard do you have? I wonder if anyone else was able to get the Titan TTC NC25 to properly fit in an ASUS z270i STRIX motherboard?

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
I think @Spacepope94 got his titan to fit onto his ryzen motherboard no problem, don't know which one exactly tho

EDIT: For the record I have not tried to place my titan onto any of my itx boards, I have two z170s an x370 and an ab350 so I cant help you much with the z270

Last edited:
Reactions: CubanLegend

Spacepope94

Cable Smoosher
Nov 6, 2017
I think @Spacepope94 got his titan to fit onto his ryzen motherboard no problem, don't know which one exactly tho

EDIT: For the record I have not tried to place my titan onto any of my itx boards, I have two z170s an x370 and an ab350 so I cant help you much with the z270

I've only tried the Cooljag Falcon II, but results weren't what I was expecting. I still haven't received the titan yet. I would imagine I would have the same results though because I won't be able to fit the 120mm fan.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Has anyone tried using the Lp53 with a slim 120mm on the bracket? I was wondering if that would improve temps even more compared to using the fan from the Nhl9i.
I have. Any slim 120mm on the bracket will not outperform the NHL9i's fan... sorry! The slim 120mm's are so close to the side panel that they are louder and underperform... :(

Good News! I received my Silver Grade C Wrap-Around bezel for my S4M-C from Josh yesterday! AND best of all! It came with the 2 screws for the end of the bezel! No pics yet, but this means I have ALL the parts available now to start my 1080 mini fan & original wrap-around bezel mod. I can't say WHEN I'll have time to do it, but I'd like to do it and am excited to see the results. I'll be testing GPU temps from various synthetic loads and real-world gaming loads, both BEFORE and AFTER the fan mod, and I'll also test the before and after of swapping the custom 5mm 2D frosted acrylic bezel, with the original black wrap-around, AND before and after adding the thermal pad to mate the 1080 mini's heatsink with the bezel. :D

And I'll detail the entire process in my build log. So, yeah doing it will take some time, and documenting it will take time too. Please have patience with me guys! XD

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
i reallly think the titan with the 80mm slim akasa fan has potential, has anyone milled out the underside on the thermalright axp to accept a fan its only 44mm tall after all and has 6 heat pipes

also, how come we have 10.8mm 80mm fans, 12.7mm 120 fans but only 14mm 92mm fans?