S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

alexmcdouchebag

Chassis Packer
Oct 11, 2017
I've seen several people use Guryhwa's G-unique modded PSUs to power a GTX 1080 Ti in there S4 mini builds. Is there any particular reason Josh made no mention of the PSU in the video?

Last edited:

tumor

Chassis Packer
Jun 14, 2017
Curious, is it possible to use two slim Dell 240w power bricks?
What sort of circuity is needed for dual supply to a HDPlex400w?

hyperborea

Trash Compacter
Jan 13, 2016
Video with secret shop code posted while I was asleep...

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Curious, is it possible to use two slim Dell 240w power bricks?

You will be able to do this quite easily using the KMPKT Dynamo 360 and Dynamo Mini (HDPlex 160W DC-ATX) combo. In your case, the first 240W brick would power the Dynamo Mini while the other would power the 360.They would then be synced for startup/shutdown with a special cable. Hypothetically you would have up to 75W available to the GPU through the PCIe slot while the second 240W brick would essentially be providing power exclusively to the GPU for a total of 315W available to the GPU and about 100-125W to the motherboard.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Pretty sure @MarcParis did exactly this with one of his builds and was quite happy with it. Perhaps he could link back to his build log?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
ahah external SFX psu..:)
That's a powerful choice, especially with S4 mini...:) (that's a cheaper than eurocom/delta psu + hd plex...:))

You can find my topic on S4 mini with external sfx psu in my signature below..:)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I've seen several people use Guryhwa's G-unique modded PSUs to power a GTX 1080 Ti in there S4 mini builds. Is there any particular reason Josh made no mention of the PSU in the video?

I got alot of these questions in the comments.

The easiest answer is that it takes a long time to make a video like the one I posted. I had the 1080ti pretty darn early and was testing from day one, and I tested alot of power supplies. I only have one G-Unique PSU and brick. There wasn't enough data from other 1080ti users while filming to even bring it up. And everyone who knows about it anyway was sure to tell me in the YouTube comments. ;)

I would really like to have more data, but I can't recommend an off the shelf power supply without tons of testing. It took me a long time to recommend the HDPLEX 250 too, despite using it at the same time as everyone else (maybe even earlier) but I needed time to put it through its paces, and order enough of them to build up a decent sample size.

Maybe Gary will send me a kit or two that I can use for testing these systems so I can have several in my office to speed things up? :)

I'm a 12v nut, as anyone who watched my channel in the early days knows, and I love the idea of Gary's units. I just haven't done enough testing yet.

I hope this helps...

I hit the shop just under 30 minutes after the video went live and they were listed as sold out then.

Yeah, they sold out in exactly 10 minutes. I'm not happy about it...I really feel awful as the whole points of this small batch was to tide people over till the next big one and make people happy. But I think it just caused more stress and heartache...

I would have been happy if these sold some hardwood bezels, but they didn't. WHAT THE PUMPKIN GUYS!?!?? DO YOUR KIDS REALLY NEED TO EAT THIS MONTH???!?? XD :p <3

Signols

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2017
How was I suppose to know that buying a hardwood bezel was mandatory, I thought it was optional and so I picked up the acrylic 2D bezel instead. If only I knew. Maybe next time. ;)

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017

The easiest answer is that it takes a long time to make a video like the one I posted. I had the 1080ti pretty darn early and was testing from day one, and I tested alot of power supplies. I only have one G-Unique PSU and brick. There wasn't enough data from other 1080ti users while filming to even bring it up. And everyone who knows about it anyway was sure to tell me in the YouTube comments. ;)

I would really like to have more data, but I can't recommend an off the shelf power supply without tons of testing. It took me a long time to recommend the HDPLEX 250 too, despite using it at the same time as everyone else (maybe even earlier) but I needed time to put it through its paces, and order enough of them to build up a decent sample size.

Maybe Gary will send me a kit or two that I can use for testing these systems so I can have several in my office to speed things up? :)

I'm a 12v nut, as anyone who watched my channel in the early days knows, and I love the idea of Gary's units. I just haven't done enough testing yet.

I hope this helps...

Yeah, they sold out in exactly 10 minutes. I'm not happy about it...I really feel awful as the whole points of this small batch was to tide people over till the next big one and make people happy. But I think it just caused more stress and heartache...

I would have been happy if these sold some hardwood bezels, but they didn't. WHAT THE PUMPKIN GUYS!?!?? DO YOUR KIDS REALLY NEED TO EAT THIS MONTH???!?? XD :p <3

bro, guess what im about to go pick up? THE 10 MM BEZEL I HAD CUSTOM BENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, is the new s4 mini gonna be slightly larger? stop teasing us and start pleasing us!

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017

I hope this helps...

Yes :(.... Sadly
To that last question lol

Oooo idea or you could send some of us some old dusty scratch and dent s4s and I'm sure some of us would BUY a wood bezel ;) lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

DarkZim

Efficiency Noob
Nov 13, 2017
I will likely be buying a 3D Bezel, just not sure which one yet. Managed to refresh 1min after the video posted last night and wasn't taking any chances so I just ordered the S4 Mini and the power button as quickly as I could click and type! I can take my time looking at accessories now :)

Reactions: Josh | NFC