S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Am I the only one that noticed the difference in the case in this video. C'mon now guys. Slacking. I don't even own one and I know that's not an older s4..
Do I win the scavenger hunt?
Maybe it isnt S4 at all. From this angle it looks like an S3 to me.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Lol it's not an s3. Notice. GPU is facing opposite. Its new revision if I'm not mistaken.
And I'll be up front. If I could afford to hop on this run coming up I sure as hell would. I'd scrap my Metis build idea right out the window for this. But alas, Christmas for the kids is more important than Christmas/birthday for myself lol. So I must settle

Last edited:

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Nice catch and that definitely isn't the S4. How spacious with more than enough room for the Zotac 1080. I think we've seen this case before : )

DarkZim

Efficiency Noob
Nov 13, 2017
I've been refreshing his youtube page just about every 10 minutes for the last week. I got a Logic Supply MC600 a few weeks ago to see if that could hold me over, but it sux. It's smaller and has zero ventilation. Even after drilling holes in the lid, I can't leave the lid on while it's running or it overheats. Can't wait to get my hands on an S4 Mini! :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
This is def new s4 mini.
- Cut outs on the motherboard side.
- Different motherboard mounting frame.
- Location of the 5 cover mounting screws top/bottom is different.
- Entire frame is bigger ( both length and width ).

Maybe this is the Easter egg Josh was talking about ? :)

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
An all clear anodized aluminum frame for the new S4 Mini.

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
I've been refreshing his youtube page just about every 10 minutes for the last week. I got a Logic Supply MC600 a few weeks ago to see if that could hold me over, but it sux. It's smaller and has zero ventilation. Even after drilling holes in the lid, I can't leave the lid on while it's running or it overheats. Can't wait to get my hands on an S4 Mini! :)

what hardware are you tryin to put in there?

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
This is def new s4 mini.
- Cut outs on the motherboard side.
- Different motherboard mounting frame.
- Location of the 5 cover mounting screws top/bottom is different.
- Entire frame is bigger ( both length and width ).

Maybe this is the Easter egg Josh was talking about ? :)
I asked him on YouTube this morning he didn't respond after my 2nd comment. So IDK. I'd assume so since the thumbnail for that video is also on the website

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
I asked him on YouTube this morning he didn't respond after my 2nd comment. So IDK. I'd assume so since the thumbnail for that video is also on the website

I think there is more, If you look behind HDPLX, there seems to be two big holes ( for 2 fan ??) and 4 small holes for mounting them.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Also, the space in front of the motherboard where the HDPLEX is installed looks bigger to me. Maybe now there's room for a HDPLEX 160W AC-DC unit in that space? To combine with the direct plug PSU.

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Also, the space in front of the motherboard where the HDPLEX is installed looks bigger to me. Maybe now there's room for a HDPLEX 160W AC-DC unit in that space? To combine with the direct plug PSU.
I think fans would require some distance from hdplax for airflow. Looks like there is enough space for AC/DC brick next to GPU.