S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
Just ordered a mini for my first build and was also interested in custom cabling. Being a self admitted noob, is it possible to use Cable Mods configurator to order custom sleeved cables? The HD Plex 300W isn't in their list of power supplies (not surprised), but does it matter? I've been unable to find much information on Sanctum Sleeving, any other vendor options? Sleeving and cutting cables to length is over my head at this point, so any advice is appreciated.
FrozenCPU sells all sorts of pre-sleeved cables. Just buy 24 of the length that you need and grab 2 24-ATX connectors.

Pinout of the HDPLEX is one to one so pin 1 on one connector goes to pin 1 of the other connector etc.

Last edited:

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
Noctua just replied to my email:
"thank you for contacting Noctua!

We'll release a AM4 Mounting-Kit for our NH-L9a in Q2 2017.

Kind regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Noctua support team"

Reactions: Nimikins

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I got my g-unique installed in my S4, but obviously the power brick inlet doesn't match up with the back of the S4.
So what's a guy to do? Buy preserved extension wires, a 24 and 16 pin connector, and go at then with a hacksaw and file!
I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow but I'm excited it worked so well so I have to share now. :please

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If you don't mind a little modding, I think you could probably use the same cutout I used on my Orangulan build for this:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I got my g-unique installed in my S4, but obviously the power brick inlet doesn't match up with the back of the S4.
So what's a guy to do? Buy preserved extension wires, a 24 and 16 pin connector, and go at then with a hacksaw and file!
I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow but I'm excited it worked so well so I have to share now. :please

SFF PCs, modding, shrinkless sleeving, and chocolate syrup.

Kinky

Horstprott

Caliper Novice
Feb 5, 2016
@zovc didn't think that was possible. Y'all re making me rethink my priorities now :D Do you know if the Galax is available in Europe? I have been unable to find any retailer in my neck of the woods that carry them.
Hi there , Kfa2 are the european suppliers of the galax card on their brand. I know cos I have the Kfa2 1070 mini In my s4 mini.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
If you don't mind a little modding, I think you could probably use the same cutout I used on my Orangulan build for this:

I would have done that if I wasn't planning on moving to the customod mini when mine comes in. (Batch 2 update when?)(sorry Josh!)
So for me the non-permanent method was better, and it's pretty cool to have a purple 8pin hanging out the back of the case.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016

So, what ya doing with your S4 when you go with the new case.. asking for a friend

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
You're not wrong Josh, but we'll see what happens. XD

@Ceros_X Since I can't talk myself into having two computers when only one would really get used, #106 will need a new home, Are you looking to adopt? haha

More pictures:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
AsRock X370 ITX sounds amazing. I really hope they don't use the Fatal1ty branding on it.

So I have an interesting story that helped change me a little.

Back when I was really into the LAN event scene I would travel across the US hitting a bunch of events. Occasionally Fatal1ty posters would show up on the walls:

The image of Fatal1ty as the cocky pro gamer blessed by the gaming gods with super heightened synapse response time was not generally well respected. The video interviews didn't help this. Don't get me wrong, most of us did respect his incredible skills and achievements, but, I am sad to say, we thought he was a jerk. I'm even more sorry to admit that I engaged in some of the jokes at his expense.

A couple years later I had the wonderful opportunity to be working the Sapphire booth at Quakecon. Sapphire went all out that year and I think had the largest booth there (if not, it was close!) The PMS clan was there and I got to meet and befriend the talented Amber Dalton and work with her to present Israfel which had some of Sapphire's new products. The night of the VIP party Philip handed me his badge with the pass and told me to have fun. I was a little starstruck because on the way down on the elevator I shared a ride with Todd Hollenshead who I have always admired for his work. Irrelevant to this story, but hey, I'm telling it and I thought it was cool!

I entered the VIP party, had a few conversations with people I knew, but at some point I bumped into Fatal1ty in the flesh. He actually engaged me in conversation, and before long we were chatting it up at the bar over a few drinks. He ceased to be Fatal1ty to me and became Johnathan Wendel. I can tell you that this man is an outstanding person. His humility and genuine friendliness are as strong as his gaming reflexes, and I learned a powerful, life-changing lesson that *I* was the big jerk for judging someone without knowing them. Now I don't even make cracks at politician's characters anymore because TV/Youtube/news articles aren't interested in telling you about someone's soul...they just want to craft their own narrative.

I'm not ever going to forget that encounter. I've been able to bump into and even meet with many celebrities during my tradeshow days, but this was different. So I have to thank Johnathan for teaching me what humility is, and although I struggle with it, it just takes a quick look at that brand name to give me a reminder in that lesson.

Peace!

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
For the record my comment had nothing to do with disrespect for Mr. Wendel or what he achieved professionally, but more that I just don't love the aesthetic and I feel that the black and red motherboard's time has (I hope) come and gone.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
For the record my comment had nothing to do with disrespect for Mr. Wendel or what he achieved professionally, but more that I just don't love the aesthetic and I feel that the black and red motherboard's time has (I hope) come and gone.

Please don't think I was calling you out! I just wanted to tell that story. :)

Personally, I'm over black and red too! XD

Reactions: zovc and Curiosity

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
Hey Josh, I missed the pre-order window like a dingus. What should I do now if I want to buy one?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
If you guys were on the waiting list you can still use your code from the email. If not, don't worry...there will be some left before I stop production. But you will just have to wait a bit longer. I really do appreciate the support!

Reactions: Nasp

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
OK, sounds good thanks Josh. Should we just keep an eye on this forum post? Or is there some way to be notified when they are available?

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
So uhhh... yeah.

But anyways, back on topic! I have some videos from back when I first built my S4 mini last month, of the coil whine from the 1080 mini when benchmarking it:

Firestrike

Timespy

and just a regular video with a look around the S4 Mini Chassis with the parts installed, but with the sidepanels off. And powering it on (this was at work during my lunch break the day after I finished the build)

I know i havent done the A9x14 CPU fan duct mod yet that I said I would try on my S4... I know, I know! I'll get to it before the end of this month and post any results. :) Work has me busy. But i still read all the posts in here :D

Reactions: zovc and Ceros_X