S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I'm confused? I saw someone put the Zotac in earlier and saw a ton of space around it? I thought the whole point in the Zotac 1070 was you didn't need the bezel...

My pictures are of the Galax 1070, I'm not sure anyone posted pictures of the Zotac.

Nimikins

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
Ah, my bad. I was drinking and in my head Zotac=Galax. Sorry guys :)
Thanks for pointing it out! Would the Zotac fit without the shroud? I know someone did take the shroud and fans off, but that was a little more than I wanted to do for someone else's build.
: ) also part of the reason I'm going with a 1060 until Vega Nano comes out.

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
Ah, my bad. I was drinking and in my head Zotac=Galax. Sorry guys :)
Thanks for pointing it out! Would the Zotac fit without the shroud? I know someone did take the shroud and fans off, but that was a little more than I wanted to do for someone else's build.
: ) also part of the reason I'm going with a 1060 until Vega Nano comes out.
I've looked at the Zotac 1070 pretty intensely, and it seems the only way to fit it in the S4, is to remove the shroud and install a slim 120mm fan to vent it. People are having mixed results though, seems like temps are a tad high, which is why i am reluctant to pursue option.

BrainTaste

Average Stuffer
Jan 3, 2017
steamcommunity.com
@spintje
I had pretty high temps with the slim 120mm fan (Scythe) on the shroud&fanless 1070. Within minutes of starting a game of overwatch I would be hitting 85C, I wouldn't run the game any longer than that. It was about two weeks later when Josh put up the Bezel and Vented Plate on his store, and I was ecstatic. This is by far my most beautiful build. I think the extra $60 was worth it to have such a swanking build.

Reactions: spintje

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
@Josh | NFC Will customers who preordered for July (incl. me) get access to the secret shop at some point? And how do you feel about making adding custom HDPLEX cables to your list of sweet offerings?

Also, does anyone know why the HDPLEX 330w seems to be sold out? Is there a new revision under way?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
spintje said:
Will customers who preordered for July (incl. me) get access to the secret shop at some point?

Nope! I kinda want to tell everyone that there isn't anything in there...but with how many curious emails I get per day I almost want to not say anything... XD

spintje said:
And how do you feel about making adding custom HDPLEX cables to your list of sweet offerings?

I am working on this. Just like the other 500 things I told you guys I was working on and would have out a year ago. I suck I know. But seriously I am trying to work something out with MOD-ONE. The problem is you need three completely different 24 Pins. Whereas you can get away with an inch or so +- in a normal system, 1" is HUGE in the MINI!

spintje said:
Also, does anyone know why the HDPLEX 330w seems to be sold out? Is there a new revision under way?

It is out of stock for the same reason the MINI is out of stock, but don't worry, it will be back soon!

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
It is out of stock for the same reason the MINI is out of stock, but don't worry, it will be back soon!

Regarding the HDPLEX, I have a spare HDPLEX 250w + a 240w power brick + a HDPLEX PCIE cable (the longer original version). I'm willing to sell these as a package at a discount but they are only available to an S4 mini owner or to someone who has one on order. (PM me if interested)

MODZERO

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2016
www.instagram.com
Hey Guys,

I posted an update, check it out.

It's not finished, I'm calling it STAGE 1.0. haha

J.

MODZERO

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2016
www.instagram.com
I loved naked sports bikes and that is what I am reminded of in your build.

Haha, thanks.. It's coming along nicely.

what feet are those? :D

I'll take some photos (pretty sure I still have a bunch more). I don't remember when/where they came from.. I've had a set for years. they are like a silicon rubber, adhesive foot.

What youre doing with the SATA power cables.... that's clean. I've recently ditched my sleeved sata cables but I might do it again splitting them like you did.

It's an odd part of the case, difficult to keep the SATA power cables looking clean. I've got a display mount coming that'll fit that space between the riser and the cooler, so I'll be redoing mine again... well, I'll be cutting out the combs to the lay the four wires flat.

If you have a go, do share. I'd be interested to see your approach.

J.

Reactions: GreatestUnKnown

noleggio

Cable Smoosher
Apr 5, 2017
Hey Guys,

I posted an update, check it out.

It's not finished, I'm calling it STAGE 1.0. haha

J.

Just. Stunning.

I'm new to custom cabling but was hoping to incorporate your sata power cabling into my build. For reference (and all the other modders here) can you draw a quick diagram of how the cables fit together?

MODZERO

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2016
www.instagram.com
Just. Stunning.

I'm new to custom cabling but was hoping to incorporate your sata power cabling into my build. For reference (and all the other modders here) can you draw a quick diagram of how the cables fit together?

I may have a photo that'll better explain it, it's quite simple really. I'll see if this help. Their are three parts, A = PSU connection wires B= Left SATA power wires C= Right SATA power wires.

Everything is soldered to 'C' keeping good length on the wires splice 'B' onto 'C' approx half way along 'C's length. Then just trim 'A' and solder to the ends of 'C'.

before each solder slide on some heatshrink to cover the connections once done..

Okay, erm... reading that back, it's not overly helpful.. haha

I'll try and draw something.

J.

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
Haha, thanks.. It's coming along nicely.

I'll take some photos (pretty sure I still have a bunch more). I don't remember when/where they came from.. I've had a set for years. they are like a silicon rubber, adhesive foot.

It's an odd part of the case, difficult to keep the SATA power cables looking clean. I've got a display mount coming that'll fit that space between the riser and the cooler, so I'll be redoing mine again... well, I'll be cutting out the combs to the lay the four wires flat.

If you have a go, do share. I'd be interested to see your approach.

J.

I think the way to go about it is to use punchdown-type connectors but treat them like crimp-type ones such that the cables come out from the bottom of the connector. Then use one of these to train the cables.

monsterrider

Case Bender
Apr 13, 2017
Just ordered a mini for my first build and was also interested in custom cabling. Being a self admitted noob, is it possible to use Cable Mods configurator to order custom sleeved cables? The HD Plex 300W isn't in their list of power supplies (not surprised), but does it matter? I've been unable to find much information on Sanctum Sleeving, any other vendor options? Sleeving and cutting cables to length is over my head at this point, so any advice is appreciated.

Last edited: