S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
88 people have invested in me and purchased S4s. They all got a little card saying this is something I am proud of. If I sell someone else one that I am not proud of for less money, I suppose I could not include a card, but I don't want to cheapen what other people have invested in.

I have to think about this more...and I welcome opinions. :)

Thanks! I'm hoping that little mods like these will inspire people to do stuff with their 'Minis. I could easily cut the perforated plate and include it as an inexpensive addon (It's like 45 bucks shipped for a 3ftx3ft sheet), but it would have rough edges by its nature and doesn't seem professional. What do you think? I wanted to sell alternate billet bezels but haven't had time. Maybe I could just stamp some sheet metal bezels with venting on it.

Regarding the blemished cases:
I say send a card that has XX where the number would be and something that says "Factory Second" or "Blemished."
That way they don't count against the number count of perfect beautiful "limited" cases being sold.
You can still maintain the same series of numbered cases and have those that don't meet specifications relegated to the XX category.

Ventilation options:
I like the design of the Skyreach mod case better than the original.
The cut vents on the GPU side paired with some sort of front ventilation is just great. Having a case that breathes better on that side is a very nice feature especially with people pushing the envelope with 1060/1070 cards. Having some sort of option to vent the case this way would be a huge plus, sheet metal, plastic, billet, aluminum.... or whatever material you choose. Just having it be available is a good idea.

*Either way, I simply cannot wait until you decide to: let these cases soar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh | NFC

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Looks to be that way, and probably also anodized. Just as the wraparound is anodized in the black model.

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
The taunting continues...
The simplicity of the silver is quite a nice option.
Curious to see where the price difference falls out between the future base model and powder editions.
Just take my money already.

AuGratin

Case Bender
New User
Oct 9, 2016
Not just you...ME TOO!

I was never going to spend the $$$ to So far I am very impressed with Nvidia's lineup this round...the 1080 barely breaks 270w under load for the whole system putting it in HDPLEX range quite comfortably (need to edit and upload my video of this). To put it in perspective, the 285ITX was about 275w, and the 970 mini was 255w. The 1070 hovers at about 220w for the whole system.

Josh, what CPU were you testing with to get these results? Im planning a 1070 build =)

Also, Hi everyone! My first post! =O

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
THOSE tests were done on my bench, with a 6700K at stock volts and a platinum rated power supply. I have my own benchmark process now that I can use to compare and rank GPUs against each other.

I do NOT recommend a 85w CPU for the S4 Mini. 65 is really the limit because of thermals.

Finally, if you don't plan on undervolting or overclocking yourself, I really recommend the 6700T. It does't bottleneck any GPU I have had on the bench in my real world tests and I think it is awesome for the Mini especially comboed with the 1070. If you were going with a HDPLEX and 1060 then maybe a few more Mhz with the 6700(65) would be my choice because it is usually cheaper.

Heck, my overclocked 6700K and my two X99 systems (which I just sold) no longer are fully used by Resolve because of the extreme GPU power from Pascal, so there are fewer and fewer real world reasons to hate on the 6700T (other than cost) for every day computer using.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Choice of powerful could really help in "minimal framerate" with a crowded area. However, you can compensate a lower performance cpu with high speed ram, like 3200mhz lpx vengeance.

I will also strongly suggest to define some compatibility proposal for motherboard layout..:)
With my recent experience, it's not recommended to choose mb with 24pins just in front of power button..:)

And lastly, rely on m.2 storage is really helping for cable management

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
RAM doesn't really affect gaming performance more than a few percent, unless you're using the iGPU.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Woah! Silver looks even better in real life than I thought it would!
and I think the makes look on the blue one is pretty cool too, it giving me a few ideas. >:3

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
Thanks!
Sorry to be so detailed but I have a reason for asking this....
Approximately 4.75 = 120.65m
Is said rectangle interior space > or = 120mm?
(less than 120mm may not work for this idea/application)

MODZERO

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2016
www.instagram.com
I love coming back to the SFF.net forums and having a good number of pages (on this thread) to catch up on. That silver brushed prototype looks ace! I sent my S4 for it's swanky paint job a couple weeks ago, it's had its clear coats now... so really should be on its way back to me soon. I'm going to give it 3-4 weeks then cut & polish. Great to see folks getting the GTX1070 ITX OC up and running without issue, it'll be the 1060 or the 1070 that goes in 'JUICE'. Really enjoyed the latest NFC youtube videos too! great work as always Josh.

I'm so excited to get this project truly underway! Some of the hardware has turned up from the sponsors now and I've got my fingers crossed I'll get some more great news this coming week.

The HDPLEX PSU has fallen out of stock here in the UK (on Amazon) which has made them hard to source. That's next on my shopping list.

J.

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
Is the case for optimised airflow thicker in dimension?
Also, will regular case with no vents on the front still be offered?

Glad to see you took my advice about feet :) Will you be offering more than one option for feet?
Gladly following your journey. Best looking cases ever.