S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Rabarbersaft

Cable Smoosher
New User
Apr 5, 2017
Alright, so for a small overkill NAS How possible would it be to instead of a GPU be able to fit 2+2 stacked 3.5'' drives with contacts facing the motherboard? Have not been able to find the distance from motherboard to the inside end (where HDPLEX plug sits).

Just a thought. Will order a case either way for support when they are back in stock. Keep it up!

Last edited:

palace97

Trash Compacter
Sep 6, 2017
Just upgraded to the MSI Aero 2070 ITX and i'm occurring some problems and hope any1 in here can help.

MY CONFIG:
i7700 (NON K)
2 x 8 gb 2660 ram
2 x 500gb m.2 Samsung evo
hd plex 400 + Dell power brick (330w) purchased direct from DELL
MSI Areo 2070 itx

ISSUE: the GPU fans are constantly on even though on my CAM program it shows that they're are off and when playing a game and changing the settings to my normal resolution and settings which i had previous on my 1070 it crashes or fps spikes down every 20 seconds. I really don't know what to do, i've done the obvious such as update drivers and disabling on board graphics and i have checked that the display cable is inputting directly to the card aha. Any help is much appreciated. On msi afterburner it shoes 0mV if that helps?

I have a feeling it could be the power draw but unsure as i am unable to test but it's only 25 more watts than my previous 1070 and i unplugged my dac and speakers from the rig to see if that was the case but issue is still present

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Just upgraded to the MSI Aero 2070 ITX and i'm occurring some problems and hope any1 in here can help.

MY CONFIG:
i7700 (NON K)
2 x 8 gb 2660 ram
2 x 500gb m.2 Samsung evo
hd plex 400 + Dell power brick (330w) purchased direct from DELL
MSI Areo 2070 itx

ISSUE: the GPU fans are constantly on even though on my CAM program it shows that they're are off and when playing a game and changing the settings to my normal resolution and settings which i had previous on my 1070 it crashes or fps spikes down every 20 seconds. I really don't know what to do, i've done the obvious such as update drivers and disabling on board graphics and i have checked that the display cable is inputting directly to the card aha. Any help is much appreciated. On msi afterburner it shoes 0mV if that helps?

I have a feeling it could be the power draw but unsure as i am unable to test but it's only 25 more watts than my previous 1070 and i unplugged my dac and speakers from the rig to see if that was the case but issue is still present

Curious where you are, 2070 Aero itx isn't even available in the US yet.

ahtanie

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys,

Been into ITX SFF PCs for just under a year now. Have ordered a few cases from here with my latest being a (2nd hand) S4. I must say for cases under 5L, this is my favourite thus far. From the build quality, to the design layout and the ease of building in it.

Because I travel a lot, I wanted to make it brickless. Not sure if it's been done in this way before, but i was almost done and was about to power it on but nothing happened.

Here is the current setup and I just wanted to know if I'm doing anything wrong

Before this I have already tested out all the parts and the existing 'psu' with a Dell brick, so everything is working fine. The only new component is the 300w AC DC adapter

Appreciate any feedback! And since is this my first post, my apologies in advance if I broke any rules.

Thanks!

Reactions: Broxin

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Hi guys,

Been into ITX SFF PCs for just under a year now. Have ordered a few cases from here with my latest being a (2nd hand) S4. I must say for cases under 5L, this is my favourite thus far. From the build quality, to the design layout and the ease of building in it.

Because I travel a lot, I wanted to make it brickless. Not sure if it's been done in this way before, but i was almost done and was about to power it on but nothing happened.

Here is the current setup and I just wanted to know if I'm doing anything wrong

Before this I have already tested out all the parts and the existing 'psu' with a Dell brick, so everything is working fine. The only new component is the 300w AC DC adapter

Appreciate any feedback! And since is this my first post, my apologies in advance if I broke any rules.

Thanks!
Is that a gtx 1030?
Looks alright to me. If you want it cleaner, mounting the 300w brick to the side is actually possible, by sanding 1 mm off each side.
Btw, you're in the wrong thread - this one is for the 'classic' mini. ;)

Edit: okay I replied to quick - you were asking why it won't turn on. Check the second pic, you have one extra cable from the brick to the direct plug psu - you should only have one connector.

Last edited:

ahtanie

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 20, 2018
Is that a gtx 1030?
Looks alright to me. If you want it cleaner, mounting the 300w brick to the side is actually possible, by sanding 1 mm off each side.
Btw, you're in the wrong thread - this one is for the 'classic' mini. ;)

Edit: okay I replied to quick - you were asking why it won't turn on. Check the second pic, you have one extra cable from the brick to the direct plug psu - you should only have one connector.

It's a GTX1050TI low profile from Gigabyte
There has to be an extra cable to connect them both. They're both female

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Okay I see it now. But I think the middle cable, male to male, should be yellow - black and comes with the brick, not the dynamo. It looks like you're using dynamo mini's 4 pin to 6+2 pin (for pcie/gpu) all black cable to connect them. In the second pic I see a 2 pin hanging...

Because maybe the pinouts are reversed, can't check cause the product page for the brick's gone now. If the new 400W unit has the same pinouts as the old 300W, then it is the reverse of pcie. See on pcie the ground pins are on the lock tab side while on hdplex's output they're 19V.

One pin of those six should not mate normally but everyone makes these mistake once in a while so god knows hey.

Edit: lol what am I doing looking for pinouts while it's there on the brick in the pics. YES indeed it is reversed.

Last edited:

Marv21

Caliper Novice
Feb 28, 2016
Hello, i want to change my EVGA 1060 SC to an Zotac 1070ti. Will it fit into this case? I dont want to cut my Case open...
BTW: Is there a way to change the HDPLEX260 against the 400W with someone? :p?

FreezingCode

Chassis Packer
Jun 4, 2016
Has the Dell 330W AC adapter been dethroned? I've been out of the loop, and recently had my Dell 330w adapter drown when my sump pump stopped working a few weeks ago. It was powering my classic with a HDPlex 300W DC PSU. I figured I would double check before I hitup eBay for a //hopefully// working 330w brick. When I first built the system I had to buy two because the first one wasn't able to power the system. :)

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
There's HDPLEX 400W brick now. Read up on the the big thread. Can even be used externally, since the mounting tabs are removable now. That's of course if you don't mind metal enclosure and JST plugs.

FreezingCode

Chassis Packer
Jun 4, 2016
using an internet search, i found both a 500W AC brick, and a 400W AC brick that are available.

the 400W one is a good price also.

Thanks -- I guess I should have been more specific in a better replacement for the 330w that works with the HDPlex units. The 500w unit on eBay is the g-unique unit. The 400w I'm not sure, but both are from the same seller.

palace97

Trash Compacter
Sep 6, 2017
Has anyone ordered and received the new HD PLEX 400 AC-DC? If so is anyone planning to use it outside of the case which is what i'm thinking of using it for in combination with my MSI RTX 2070 itx.