S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I didn't want to get out the big equipment but I realized that the rain doesn't help you...

Ok take 2:

Album.

Pardon the dust, no "touchup" was done to these.

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
I didn't want to get out the big equipment but I realized that the rain doesn't help you...

Ok take 2:

Album.

Pardon the dust, no "touchup" was done to these.
I can tell there is definitely a different on the black finish, the brush seemed to be harder. Can't tell much on the silver finish though :D

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I can tell there is definitely a different on the black finish, the brush seemed to be harder. Can't tell much on the silver finish though :D

But are you cool with the new look and would you want me to send you one? Or a refund? Or wait who knows how many months to get replacements?

Trying to decide what to do. I'm pretty anal, and I decided that I can't be selfish and make this decision without involving the people who got me this far.

Peace.

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
But would you want me to send you one? Or a return? Or wait who knows how many months to get replacements?
I like the silver one a lot, more than the original one. I'm actually consider cancelling my custom paint job and get the silver one directly :p I feel like the brush on the black one is a bit too heavy for me, and I do prefer the old one more, but not to the point that I can't accept it and request a return or refund.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
But are you cool with the new look and would you want me to send you one? Or a refund? Or wait who knows how many months to get replacements?

I can't honestly imagine anyone caring enough to refund the case. If it's a matter of having a clear conscience, I'd just record another video for your funders explaining the situation and giving a deadline to ask for refunds/cancel orders. In my estimation, you will receive exactly zero cancellations for that reason.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Only thing that looks different to me is the front bezel on the black one looks darker than the rest of the case.

Also if anyone cancles a black one let me know... no reason :V

Reactions: Curiosity

NotungX

Caliper Novice
Nov 3, 2016
I think they are awesome! Congratulations! I love them and I will not do any kind of change in my order. I understand that after so much work you can be disappointed as it is not exactly what you have in mind, but honestly I am not sure I see any difference. Some of the differences I see might be related to the light/picture settings but not in the shapes.

Does the model have any unintended effect as trilling due to vibrations? Any difference in adjustments?

noobi3st

Trash Compacter
Sep 22, 2016
I think it's absolutely beautiful, more than I expected. I would gladly receive mine in that condition, and feel like many others will share that sentiment.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Ya'lls feedback has given me the confidence to move forward. I will need to figure out the best way to let customers know ahead of shipment so they have the opportunity to cancel if they want. I am ferociously upset about this error but mostly it is on behalf of my customers whom I love and don't want to disappoint.

Does the model have any unintended effect as trilling due to vibrations? Any difference in adjustments?

Mechanically they are perfect. The MINI is incredibly rock solid. I prefer to have my customers make the comparisons with other chassis, but the wrap-around bezel, thick panels, and unibody design mean that flex and vibrations are in another class compared to other high end designs. Not that my design is BETTER or more magical or anything silly like that...it just CAN be simpler and makes tradeoffs. My Chassis FOCUS is durability and compactness for transport. Other high end chassis don't need to worry about that so they have convenient features like tooless side panel removeal. The small size of the MINI allows for cool things like the 5mm thick bezel to be bent two times. Larger chassis this would be impossible without insanely expensive tooling (it already was expensive to do this without cracking the aluminum)

There is one technical thing that was completely ignored though that I am also upset about but isn't a deal breaker. BOTH runs I specified screws for attaching the wrap-around bezel, and both times they used studs and nuts. Like, WTF, I'll pay for the screws of the appropriate length!

The good news is this time there isn't any threadlocker and they have been easy peasy to remove so far, but I am working on a large sample.

I actually like the slight offset in darkness. I'd pay money for that offset.
Only thing that looks different to me is the front bezel on the black one looks darker than the rest of the case.

There might be a slight difference in darkness due to the dye, but I think it is more a trick of light and angles. In person it is really slight. My photographs are accurate, but all photographs emphasize details. That's the nature of photography.

Reactions: Ceros_X

LodisKnight

W Flyer
Dec 23, 2016
factorgaming.net
Ya'lls feedback has given me the confidence to move forward. I will need to figure out the best way to let customers know ahead of shipment so they have the opportunity to cancel if they want. I am ferociously upset about this error but mostly it is on behalf of my customers whom I love and don't want to disappoint.

Mechanically they are perfect. The MINI is incredibly rock solid. I prefer to have my customers make the comparisons with other chassis, but the wrap-around bezel, thick panels, and unibody design mean that flex and vibrations are in another class compared to other high end designs. Not that my design is BETTER or more magical or anything silly like that...it just CAN be simpler and makes tradeoffs. My Chassis FOCUS is durability and compactness for transport. Other high end chassis don't need to worry about that so they have convenient features like tooless side panel removeal. The small size of the MINI allows for cool things like the 5mm thick bezel to be bent two times. Larger chassis this would be impossible without insanely expensive tooling (it already was expensive to do this without cracking the aluminum)

There is one technical thing that was completely ignored though that I am also upset about but isn't a deal breaker. BOTH runs I specified screws for attaching the wrap-around bezel, and both times they used studs and nuts. Like, WTF, I'll pay for the screws of the appropriate length!

The good news is this time there isn't any threadlocker and they have been easy peasy to remove so far, but I am working on a large sample.

There might be a slight difference in darkness due to the dye, but I think it is more a trick of light and angles. In person it is really slight. My photographs are accurate, but all photographs emphasize details. That's the nature of photography.

In an effort to bump my ship date up (already paid up :) ), I just wanted to let you know that everyone ahead of me called and said they would wait for the next batch. :-P

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, they look awesome!!

Reactions: Josh | NFC

mtl171

Average Stuffer
Nov 22, 2016
The finish looks great! I honestly couldn't tell the difference in blacks and brushness until other users pointed it out. Even then, the difference in darkness adds a nice subtle contrast that appeals to me.

TheWhiteWolves

Caliper Novice
Jul 28, 2016
Just going to weigh in on this for everyone, the pictures always highlight imperfections way more than when you see them in person, for example the stuff on mine that Josh was really concerned about and that can just about be seen on the pics he sent me can barely be seen in person.

I went over mine when I got it and could only see one thing that he pointed out to me even though i knew about another piece Josh didn't quite like.

So I'm just saying that I bet not many people will even notice and to you Josh, as I said before you shouldn't beat yourself up about them, we all love the cases and the work you do and I think you're the only one who knows those things well enough to notice even half of it. :D

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I agree, the slightly darker black looks pretty amazing.
I ordered a silver one though, so my opinion on that doesn't matter much, aha.
Besides, I'm not able to see a huge difference anyway. : p

Can't wait to get mine in!

Edit:
Side question, would it be too late to add on the riser cable to my order?
I can email you if you'd like. : )

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Just going to weigh in on this for everyone, the pictures always highlight imperfections way more than when you see them in person, for example the stuff on mine that Josh was really concerned about and that can just about be seen on the pics he sent me can barely be seen in person.

I went over mine when I got it and could only see one thing that he pointed out to me even though i knew about another piece Josh didn't quite like.

So I'm just saying that I bet not many people will even notice and to you Josh, as I said before you shouldn't beat yourself up about them, we all love the cases and the work you do and I think you're the only one who knows those things well enough to notice even half of it. :D

This takes a huge weight off my chest...thank you.

I agree, the slightly darker black looks pretty amazing.
I ordered a silver one though, so my opinion on that doesn't matter much, aha.
Besides, I'm not able to see a huge difference anyway. : p

Can't wait to get mine in!

Edit:
Side question, would it be too late to add on the riser cable to my order?
I can email you if you'd like. : )

Unless you are one of the first 10, It's not too late at all...I am getting in the new cables from HDPLEX in the next week so it should line up great. I will be visiting family until Thursday next week so basically Saturday is my last day to ship.

doogie

Trash Compacter
Nov 28, 2016
So exciting!!!! I highly appreciate your insane attention to detail Josh, and your honesty/transparency, and that's exactly why I'll buy from you. The silver finish looks be-a-utiful. Looking forward to getting one.