S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Test Kit

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2017
I'm actually using that same one in an HTPC build. I'm using it with two Scythe fans (60x20mm), and believe it or not - even at full load - they are silent!

What processor are you using and what kinda temps are you seeing with that setup.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
No numbers since I have it paired with a 120mm rad. Also, I'm only using the two rads (120 & Dual 60) to cool the CPU; HOWEVER, I do have a waterblock for a 1060 that I could throw on in the loop. I wasn't sure about cooling both the GPU and CPU on that little rad space so I decided to just cool the CPU.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
What processor are you using and what kinda temps are you seeing with that setup.

I have a 6700k and a 1060, but only the 6700k is in the loop. I also have a 120mm rad in the loop.

If this new S4 mini does indeed have a spot for a dual 60mm rad, I could see about running some tests with just the dual 60mm rad if there is interest.

Test Kit

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2017
I have a 6700k and a 1060, but only the 6700k is in the loop. I also have a 120mm rad in the loop.

If this new S4 mini does indeed have a spot for a dual 60mm rad, I could see about running some tests with just the dual 60mm rad if there is interest.

I was just curious, the s4 is a pretty open case for gpu airflow, but the cpu in its own loop would be pretty cool

Reactions: Biowarejak

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
You really think there's 65mm of space between that wall and the Mobo? Lol

@Kmpkt great minds think alike lol

Last edited by a moderator:

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I believe Josh may have already said something about that. I can't remember.

Or maybe that was a different case I heard that about. IDK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
I'd thought about using that one, but there is hardly room for it in the spot we see :) I do have one of it's smaller siblings laying around though
What would be the benefit of using a radiator over air cooling, given the fact that there is no room for a bigger fan on the rad than on the cpu?
Would it still be more efficient than just aircooling ?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
What would be the benefit of using a radiator over air cooling, given the fact that there is no room for a bigger fan on the rad than on the cpu?
Would it still be more efficient than just aircooling ?
Aesthetics, and with a lower power SKU a small rad is likely adequate

Reactions: Broxin

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Does anyone know the exact model of the Sytche 2200RPM (or equally good) fan that goes behind the GPU? For higher speeds, must they require a molex power connector? I've been having some heat issues and wanted to completely remove the back plate on my Zotac 1080 but don't want to mess it up so instead I'd tried a fan first.

Last edited:

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
Honestly, i tried the scythe fans behind the gpu, cpu, in between, blowing/sucking air and the temps got worse no matter the position/airdirection or case position. I also tried many different fans for this purpose. Now i have unused fan brackets and fans lying arround.
For me an additional fan did not improve temps at all.