Ryzen APU in an InWin Chopin questions

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
What do you mean frame dropping? What refresh rate does Kodi output at?
I mean frame dropping but due to frames not lining up with the display refresh rate. It is due to the frame durations of the video and display not aligning perfectly given them being different and both’s having low frame rates. A 24 fps movie’s frame times will not perfectly align with an HDMI 1.4 30 Hz display’s frame times, resulting in slightly jerky playback. Though there is an option in Kodi to adjust the display refresh rate to match the source video, most media players do not have this functionality and will suffer from this jerkiness with an HDMI 1.4 connection to a 4K display. If you use just a 1080P display, none of this applies since the refresh rate is 60 Hz or higher via an HDMI 1.4 connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: stree

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
Ok, got that.......yes, 1080P here and happy enough with it for what I need.........Although I do recognise for others it may well be of more importance to get HDMI2.0. Maybe me too one day !

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Is it possible to have video output on USB C? I have limited knowledge about USB C but have seen this mentioned before online as a possibility.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

lesmurf143

Efficiency Noob
Feb 4, 2018
head's up. the Wraith cooler sent with the Ryzen APUs will not fit in the Chopin. I'm not sure if this was already known but I was personally hoping it'd fit hahaha

I can't post the link but if you google search "chopin 2400g" it should be the first YouTube result haha
I'm waiting for the benchmarks coming from that build. Just to see if the PSU frocks up from the power draw.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I've done some overclocking on an i5-4670K on the built-in PSU and it never shut down on me, so it does seem the PSU is atleast capable of what's on the sticker.

lesmurf143

Efficiency Noob
Feb 4, 2018
I've done some overclocking on an i5-4670K on the built-in PSU and it never shut down on me, so it does seem the PSU is atleast capable of what's on the sticker.
oh nice..

hey, one question, I noticed you installed a NH-L12 but with the side panel removed (obviously because of clearance issues).
do you think we'll be able to fit a C7 (3mm excess) there? I'm assuming the 43mm clearance indicated doesnt include the small protrusion of the metal mesh.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That's what the assumption was in the In Win Chopin topic. Although I can't find the reference. But in my Chopin case there was a little more room than the specs mentioned, making me believe the C7 could just fit. But it might be production tolerances making it impossible for other people.

lesmurf143

Efficiency Noob
Feb 4, 2018
That's what the assumption was in the In Win Chopin topic. Although I can't find the reference. But in my Chopin case there was a little more room than the specs mentioned, making me believe the C7 could just fit. But it might be production tolerances making it impossible for other people.
Yea I read from another post (not entirely sure which forum it was from, maybe it was from here), but the guy successfully installed a C7 with about a 1mm clearance from the metal mesh.
I also found a YouTube video of a guy building into the case using a Cryorig C7, but the video was pretty bad and I couldn't see if he successfully closed the side panel. ahaha

ONTOPIC: i asked a reviewer to check power consumption of a Ryzen 2400G system. Using a watt-meter and AIDA64 loads: the power consumption was around 118W. This means the PSU should be safe enough with a tiny bit of allowance.

But I'm more concerned with the +5.5V rail of the PSU as it seems I won't be able to populate as much USB ports as I want.

undrmethod

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 23, 2018
Thanks everyone for your input. I'll update everyone in this thread once I have selected all the parts and started the build. I'm probably going to wait until the B450 chipset comes out but we'll see how patient I can be.

lesmurf143

Efficiency Noob
Feb 4, 2018
hi guys. I'm not the OP but I'm also planning a similar build.

I already got my R5 2400G + Gigabyte AB350N last weekend, still haven't ordered a Chopin as I'm still trying to sell my ML08 + SFX PSU.

I'm also planning to get a new 2x8GB dual channel kit as the one I have right now is 1x8GB and I can't find another stick of the same model ahaha.

So a guy is trying to sell me his 2666Mhz Dom Plats with CableMod Kit for 200$. Basically a steal. But I noticed that the Dom Plats are very tall. Do you think it'll fit in a Chopin?

I do know that we can fit a Cryorig C7 (47mm) in there. I can't seem to find any decent documentation on how tall the DDR4 Dom Plats are.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I've noticed in the video posted above that he could not close the side panel completely due to the Wraith Stealth cooler being too tall. Tip for Ryzen APU builders; you can fit the stock Wraith Stealth cooler inside the Chopin and close it completely if you remove the top collar/shroud surrounding the fan.

There are two small screws underneath the bump with the "AMD" on the plastic. Remove those, then carefully lift the 4 clips that are holding on. By removing this shroud you take 5 to 6mm off the cooler height, barely enough to fit inside the Chopin with the side panel closed.

The following build is not mine... but it demonstrates how you can fit the AMD cooler inside the Chopin.

lesmurf143

Efficiency Noob
Feb 4, 2018
I've noticed in the video posted above that he could not close the side panel completely due to the Wraith Stealth cooler being too tall. Tip for Ryzen APU builders; you can fit the stock Wraith Stealth cooler inside the Chopin and close it completely if you remove the top collar/shroud surrounding the fan.
There are two small screws underneath the bump with the "AMD" on the plastic. Remove those, then carefully lift the 4 clips that are holding on. By removing this shroud you take 5 to 6mm off the cooler height, barely enough to fit inside the Chopin with the side panel closed.
The following build is not mine... but it demonstrates how you can fit the AMD cooler inside the Chopin.
Thanks for this! I'm still gathering funds for this build (not the OP btw) but this definitely saves me a few bucks (Cryorig C7 is approx 43$).