Log Inwin Chopin A2000 build

b3rdm4n

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 21, 2023
I've had a lot of fun doing what I consider to be a proof of concept / work in progress in this tiny little case. Naturally, it drew heavy inspiration from a few A2000 builds right here on SFF Network :)

We know the Inwin Chopin does not normally fit a dGPU, it required a lot of dremel work and some creative solutions. The board for now came in the case, an ex office PC basically (all specs below), and I see myself possibly moving my 5800X3D/X570/32GB 3600 into it when I upgrade that much larger box (sits in a NR200) in the future. Might buy one of the newer Chopin's with modern IO at the front panel too. You really need to buy 2 cases here or procure another mesh panel, or the back of the case doesn't close because of the risers. Added a hardware store handle and little feet to it to let the A2000 breathe. 3.3L of mayhem right here.

i7 7700 (non K) w/ID-COOLING IS-47S - seems to be the largest that 'fits' and needed a few blobs of hot glue for now to keep the centre of the fan from rubbing the side panel.
32GB DDR4 2400
RTX A2000 - repadded, repasted, fan mod (powered by chassis fan header to give a few more watts to the GPU)
Inwin Chopin
200w PicoPSU w/200w Asus ROG 20v brick

I wanted to wait till it was in a useable state to post it, but I will likely keep making changes, additions etc as I go.

b3rdm4n

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 21, 2023
DC Adapters come today so I can test my 200/230w laptop bricks I have, very keen to now have to either TDP limit the card or CPU!

Also Cable Matters Mini DP 1.4a to HDMI 2.1 8k60/4k120, which everyone seems to say does a true 4k120, I'll test that and report back, I'm not sure if other A2000 users have already used this adapter and know of its efficacy.