- Asus RTX 3070 SI is hard to get

From what i see is

our Palit/PNY RTX 3060 heatsink would fit on reference pcb of RTX 3070

it just need to install some additional thermal pads on some areas

but cooling wise? definitely need undervolt

Moncavo

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2020
Sorry for the delay getting this for you; but I hope this helps!

All of the thermal pads on my (Palit-branded) 3060 heatsink are 2.0mm, except for the long strip for VRMs or whatever it is, which is 1.0mm. ::EDIT:: Measurements were made with random el-cheapo digital calipers.

Please refer to the image below for reference. Ignore the wet looking cold plate, I’d just cleaned it with an alcohol wipe.

This measurement is the same as the dual version from Palit?

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
This measurement is the same as the dual version from Palit?
Mine is the PNY “Uprising” dual fan 3060Ti and the thermal pads match. The screws didn’t, though, and neither did the IO plate mount. I’ll throw some pics up later when I remember

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Can I reuse the thermal pads from dual version to single version?
Can't see why not, they might be a bastard to remove though.

I considered doing this, but ended up being lazy and using the ones that came with the ITX cooler, they seem OK so far, YMMV

Moncavo

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2020
Sorry for the delay getting this for you; but I hope this helps!

All of the thermal pads on my (Palit-branded) 3060 heatsink are 2.0mm, except for the long strip for VRMs or whatever it is, which is 1.0mm. ::EDIT:: Measurements were made with random el-cheapo digital calipers.

Please refer to the image below for reference. Ignore the wet looking cold plate, I’d just cleaned it with an alcohol wipe.

Could you get the length of the pads?

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Could you get the length of the pads?
Should be relatively easy to get from the images tbh. Now it’s installed and packed away I’m not sure I want to pull it back out.

That said, they should match the pad sizes from the dual so I’ll try to check that when I remember / get around to it.

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
Reactions: SFFMunkee

Moncavo

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2020
Nicely done, are you planning on putting it in another case? The original fits in the Ghost easily.
Yes. My plan is to get the vertical sfx cases, like aklla a3/a5 or k39 + enhace's psu flex. My best one is the sixge k3s, this has sfx support. Or the Sixge k2s for flex.

Reactions: rfarmer

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
i did, case quality is excellent. the glass panel isnt ideal versus two vented ones, but overall manageable. there's a live build on YT if that helps with visualization

Reactions: Moncavo