RTX 3060Ti Aero alternative? Meet the DIY PALIT StormX 3060Ti ITX Edition

FFL-LA

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 29, 2022
Another option is to mod the Asus rtx 3060ti dual mini by sawing off about 10mm of the heatsink before the last heatpipe. You can keep the original heatsink and both fans by 3D printing a custom shroud. I might post a detailed mod guide if anybody is interested.

Reactions: george5

george5

Caliper Novice
Sep 26, 2017
Another option is to mod the Asus rtx 3060ti dual mini by sawing off about 10mm of the heatsink before the last heatpipe. You can keep the original heatsink and both fans by 3D printing a custom shroud. I might post a detailed mod guide if anybody is interested.
post please :)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Is that like a block-rad combo? Oddly cool if you ask me!

It's a kind of AIO / liquid cooler Asus put on some of their RTX2080TI cards...

Thermaltake offered something similar back in the days as aftermarket solution...

Mr_Pengin

Caliper Novice
Sep 27, 2022
It's a kind of AIO / liquid cooler Asus put on some of their RTX2080TI cards...

Thermaltake offered something similar back in the days as aftermarket solution...

That is so weird yet so cool.

sanakess

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2021
Hi there. recently buy aftermarket 3060ti palit dual and find used broken heatsink from 3060stormx with broken fan. 3060ti - 370$, heatsink - 5$. Unfortunetly palit dont have fan swap function, so i cut some edges with my dremel and cutter and put thermalright TL-9015B inside. he sits there very tight and arches the protection a little. I also glued rubber thing* against vrm power to press it harder with the wall of the case, because I removed the gaskets that I used with a knife and reduced their height.

Last edited by a moderator:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I was doing some searching yesterday after a question on r/sffpc from someone looking for a GPU that would fit in the Densium and started looking to see if you could find a 3060 Ti Aero itx for a reasonable price. Prices in the US are still completely stupid so I checked Amazon Japan. They have them listed for 47,000 yen and with the exchange rate with the dollar that is about $320, they also ship to the US. Only 2 in stock so if anyone wants one order fast.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I was doing some searching yesterday after a question on r/sffpc from someone looking for a GPU that would fit in the Densium and started looking to see if you could find a 3060 Ti Aero itx for a reasonable price. Prices in the US are still completely stupid so I checked Amazon Japan. They have them listed for 47,000 yen and with the exchange rate with the dollar that is about $320, they also ship to the US. Only 2 in stock so if anyone wants one order fast.

Isn't that the 3060 non-ti though?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Hi there. recently buy aftermarket 3060ti palit dual and find used broken heatsink from 3060stormx with broken fan. 3060ti - 370$, heatsink - 5$. Unfortunetly palit dont have fan swap function, so i cut some edges with my dremel and cutter and put thermalright TL-9015B inside. he sits there very tight and arches the protection a little. I also glued rubber thing* against vrm power to press it harder with the wall of the case, because I removed the gaskets that I used with a knife and reduced their height.
What did you put on your VRMs? And what are they being pushed against - the cooler? If you thinned out your thermal pads when removing them, you really need to buy new ones and replace them. Improperly cooled VRMs will fail prematurely. Not can, will. VRMs often fail explosively, and will kill the card. Cool your VRMs properly, don't use half-assed, hacked-together solutions.

Reactions: BaK

whatanoob

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2018
With that in mind, can anyone recommend any specific thermal pads for this mod? Or at least what thickness I should be looking for?

From what I've read elsewhere it seems to be 2.0 mm for the memory and 1.5 mm for the VRM, although I've also read that it's 1.0 mm on the VRM, so I was wondering if anyone here has a recommendation.

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already posted this on Page 6 but I had missed it somehow.

Last edited:

nerdbit

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2021
www.nerdbit.nz
@REVOCCASES Thank you for this content/thread. Tonight I completed my 3060 TI ITX Custom. I rescued an OEM Dell 3060 TI from the mines on eBay for $285, and paired it with the PNY ITX version of the single fan cooler / also from eBay ($54 shipped). While the PNY version of the cooler is actually louder vs. the stock Dell twin fan cooler, temps are not that different. I'm pretty happy with this thing so far, I'll be even happier once it's home in my Velka 3. Thank you again for the inspiration.
Hey @ChinStrap : Could you please advise if it was the one below:

Images on Redit:
  1. What were the final dimensions after the mod?
Any issues/concerns in usage?

I'm just about to buy this one once I hear back from you :) really excited.

nerdbit

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2021
www.nerdbit.nz
@REVOCCASES Thank you for this content/thread. Tonight I completed my 3060 TI ITX Custom. I rescued an OEM Dell 3060 TI from the mines on eBay for $285, and paired it with the PNY ITX version of the single fan cooler / also from eBay ($54 shipped). While the PNY version of the cooler is actually louder vs. the stock Dell twin fan cooler, temps are not that different. I'm pretty happy with this thing so far, I'll be even happier once it's home in my Velka 3. Thank you again for the inspiration.
Hey @ChinStrap : Could you please advise if it was the one below:

Images on Reddit:
  1. What were the final dimensions after the mod?
Any issues/concerns in usage?

I'm just about to buy this one once I hear back from you :) really excited.