Discussion RTX 3000 Series ITX Cards

makoto14

Chassis Packer
Jul 19, 2021
For those interested, I've posted the MSI Aero ITX 3060Ti OC review for SFF.Net

Awesome review, I went the other route and undervolted the hell out of the card and got 700mv, 1500mhz core clock at 120watt power draw. That keeps noise levels nice and low and I don't mind the 10% drop in performance. Also question about this:

The good news is that at idle, both cards can turn off their fans. As such, idle noise is excellent because there is none. Even when they turn on, it’s still barely audible up close.

I had the 1060 Aero ITX so I thought this card too had 0 rpm mode, but I cant find any mention of it on Zero Frozr on the MSI website. Any hint on how you got to 0 rpm mode on idle?

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Awesome review, I went the other route and undervolted the hell out of the card and got 700mv, 1500mhz core clock at 120watt power draw. That keeps noise levels nice and low and I don't mind the 10% drop in performance. Also question about this:

The good news is that at idle, both cards can turn off their fans. As such, idle noise is excellent because there is none. Even when they turn on, it’s still barely audible up close.

I had the 1060 Aero ITX so I thought this card too had 0 rpm mode, but I cant find any mention of it on Zero Frozr on the MSI website. Any hint on how you got to 0 rpm mode on idle?

A couple of people have mentioned this actually, and I’m starting to think it’s an errant behavior that I mistook for 0 RPM mode. I plan to contact MSI and do a bit more research on it.

makoto14

Chassis Packer
Jul 19, 2021
A couple of people have mentioned this actually, and I’m starting to think it’s an errant behavior that I mistook for 0 RPM mode. I plan to contact MSI and do a bit more research on it.
From what i can tell, 0RPM mode wasn't on the 2060 and 2070 cards from MSI either. It stopped with the 10 series. If you do contact them please tell them some of us undervolt and could make good use of it in a future bios update!

Reactions: Revenant

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Apparently OverclockersUK has the Asrock 6600XT Challenger ITX card in stock. Only for delivery to UK and Ireland, so people over there might want to take a look!

Not sure how inflated the UK prices are, but it seems to be around the same for all the 6600XT cards

Reactions: Jello

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Just got my MSI RTX 3060 Ti Aero ITX OC LHR yesterday. Cant wait to build it in my Formula Loli1 case. I did temporarily put it in my DSE Breathe but found that the gpu fan hits the side panel...

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Just got my MSI RTX 3060 Ti Aero ITX OC LHR yesterday. Cant wait to build it in my Formula Loli1 case. I did temporarily put it in my DSE Breathe but found that the gpu fan hits the side panel...
Congrats. Where did you get it from?

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
I was wrong - if you don't hit it with work that uses the RT cores it's silent in operation. Very happy!

Now I just need a case that can take advantage of it's form factor. Any suggestions for something riserless but hopefully sub-8L? From looking it's basically the J Hack or the Lazer3D?
If you can find a 678 case - now discontinued. A poor man's LZ7 in layout & dimensions but from thick steel.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
And my 6600 XT Challenger ITX finally arrived.

Also means it's time to start building in the Revvocase MIT1-XL Air

Currently testing the card in the Smol X1.

The GPU has a zero RPM mode, and it's up to 60C (?!), and the max fan speed off the shelf is capped at only 69%. It is very quiet, for sure, but the temperatures are relatively surprisingly, with stock mode going up to 82C in Heaven4.0, and 79C in Timespy benchmarks.

Did some quick undervolting in Radeon software, able to get it at 1050 mV, 2500 - 2600 MHz, with good temperature drops by 10C in Timespy, with a small increase in scores.

@Tute, did you try an undervolting of your card, seing that you have a longer time with the card?

Last edited:

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
AMD Radeon 6600 announced and released in the wilds for sale, and so far only the ASRock 6600 Challenger ITX as the only ITX card.

Although Sapphire's Pulse 6600 at 193mm might fit into some cases, and I have updated my complied list of ITX 3000 and 6000 series cards.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Forgot to post an update in the Formula Loli1 but here we go. Basically I managed to build in it but initially the Aero ITX fan is touching the side panel and cant spin.

Solved it by adding some random pads that you can get for furniture stuff. Works fine now.
@prayogahs How did you apply the pads? To what locations? I suppose, the side panel is bulged out a tiny bit to make a clearance between itself and the fan?

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
@prayogahs How did you apply the pads? To what locations? I suppose, the side panel is bulged out a tiny bit to make a clearance between itself and the fan?
I just put two pads to the GPU shroud to force the GPU back in. There is still room but the backplate makes the GPU installed at a slight angle outwards and this is what makes the fan hit the side panel. There is a very slight bulge but not noticeable.

Reactions: tinyitx

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020
Has anyone fan swapped a Rtx 3060 ti aero? I just got one and well im not happy with it, looking at it the heatsink isn't flat. roughly 15mm short to fit a 120mm fan. I was hoping the heatsink was flat as i could use a full thickness 120mm fan, but its not, could use 92mm Noctua fan instead.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I have finally joined the club! My DIY PALIT StormX 3060Ti ITX XD