GPU Does anyone know the trend of how long will the ITX versions of Nvidia GPUs will be released after the new generation is announced?

billabong2606

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
Hey guys! So recently a friend of mine has been sort of inspired to build an SFF PC after seeing me and my housemate build our SFF PCs. At the moment, he's really into building in the SGPC K39 due to it's really small size. My housemate and I have made a list of build suggestions for this friend of ours, but since the RTX 3000 series cards are going to be officially announced soon, we're wondering if we should make him wait for the ITX versions to come out, or just pull the trigger now and get the existing RTX 2000 series ITX cards.

Also of note, this friend of ours is involved in machine/deep learning stuff for his Master's research, and has been given some funds from the university to upgrade his PC to aid in his research. Due to the nature of his research, he is limited to Nvidia GPUs (AMD GPUs aren't easy to work with for machine/deep learning), and the funds he's given is only valid until the end of this year. This is why we're wondering if the next-gen ITX cards will be released before this year ends, and was hoping to get some answers here.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
A similar question has been asked before. Here:-https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/how-long-before-sff-rtx-3000-series-cards.13545/#post-201164

I say, expect 3 months after the release of the Nvidia's reference FE cards.
The catch is:- Nvidia is going to release higher cards sooner than lower end cards. 3090/3080 in Sept and 3070 in Oct and 3060 to follow. I would think ITX version will definitely be there for 3070 but not sure about 3090/3080 (due to their higher thermal). If so, then, first ITX version should be a 3070 one and will come in Jan 2021.

billabong2606

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
A similar question has been asked before. Here:-https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/how-long-before-sff-rtx-3000-series-cards.13545/#post-201164

I say, expect 3 months after the release of the Nvidia's reference FE cards.
The catch is:- Nvidia is going to release higher cards sooner than lower end cards. 3090/3080 in Sept and 3070 in Oct and 3060 to follow. I would think ITX version will definitely be there for 3070 but not sure about 3090/3080 (due to their higher thermal). If so, then, first ITX version should be a 3070 one and will come in Jan 2021.

Thanks for the reply! I didn't realize there was a similar thread posted before. Will definitely have a look at that.

Hmm, yeah that's what I expected as well. Not to mention the RTX 3000 series is going to be quite expensive at launch as well. Anyway, thanks for the input! I really appreciate it :D