Memory RGB SODIMM (16GB Module) Do they exist?

Seki

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Hello my name is Seki, I am trying to plan my next "Pro" build with a 9980XE in a SFF Case (watercooled). I am looking at a Asrock x299 ITX/AC motherboard which features SODIMM Slots.

I plan to have 64GB of RAM (SODIMM), However I am a guy who would like to show off my components and for that I would LOVE some RGB SODIMM RAM.

Im wondering, Do these even exist?, I saw at CES (2017) there was XPG ADATA DS40 Ram which look perfect... However I cannot find them anyway (I am lead to believe they never released them).

Ultimately I would love just a RGB SODIMM Heatsink... That i could place on some SODIMM RAM that i could locally get.

Thank you for reading, if you have any insight please do help!

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
They don't yet exist, AFAIK, but it wouldn't cost much to build a clip-on semi-transparent white plastic 3D printed block, and a couple bucks worth of aRGB lights, a wire extension, and plug that into your aRGB controller or supporting motherboard.

Reactions: Curiosity

akromatic

Minimal Tinkerer
May 1, 2019
RGB sodimm? you mean this?

imgur.com/a/7Efqn4T

i designed and 3d printed my own, cost my about $80 to prototype and try out various RGB strips that is small enough. essentially as above its a clip on hat

i dont think argb would work well with sodimm due to how short it is and the LED density. also the x299 itx does not have agrb controller

Last edited:

yeetis

What's an ITX?
Jun 27, 2019
RGB sodimm? you mean this?

imgur.com/a/7Efqn4T

i designed and 3d printed my own, cost my about $80 to prototype and try out various RGB strips that is small enough. essentially as above its a clip on hat

i dont think argb would work well with sodimm due to how short it is and the LED density. also the x299 itx does not have agrb controller

you said you 3d printed your own, is there any chance you could send me the .stl or .obj?

Seki

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys sorry for the late reply.... But yeah they look so cool, got the STL?

I ended up going off the x299 platform, (asrock) just because the price of x299 parts in australia became ridiculous.

SO i want the RGB ram... for a x299 asrock ITX.

@akromatic Yes please the STL would be nice

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
Any updates on this? My friends Adata contact says they're still in development because of the spacing between dimms. They did show them off in 2018 at ces though...