Enclosure Premium a4-sfx?

Seki

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Hi guys, the name is Seki.

Im looking to build a "Professional" SFX computer, that I can carry around on my travels every weekend.
I hope to be building something similar to the Linus Build in the Dan A4 (most likely a 2080 ti instead of a Titan)...

I love the Dan A4, I do not want to offend anyone, but it doesnt look "professional" enough to me.... I am wondering if there is a case around the $400 USD mark, that is very similar to the Dan A4, but has a premium feel...

I found the mjolnir I , this is an amazing looking case, however it wont be out or even in production until September.
I like the Circle Pro, But i cannot fit a full size GPU...

(The inspiration is "if apple/mac made a new mac pro". for the build....)

EDIT:
Must have water cooling for potentially a 9980XE (or delidded 7980XE), I do not mind if its the 545LC and it gets a bit toasty. It would be great to support 120mm.

Also the Ghost S1 looks amazing, but i do not like that it has top hats, and is not blended in to form one single case, Otherwise this would be it!

EDIT 2:
Windows would be much much prefered... I cannot find Dan A4 window kits :(

Last edited:

Seki

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Thank you very much @Solo , It appears I would be too niche, I guess I will wait for the Mjolnir.

Or get a Dan A4, and custom CNC a shell... Options...

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
Hi
Just curious ..
What constitutes premium for you. What part of Dan's design detracts from that premium feel?

As per a new mac pro suggests something without obvious cooling vents, ie no perforated casing top and sides. Would that be more what you would prefer?
Watercooled, full size gpu - two or three slot?
One piece (no top hat etc) with windows to the side. ok

With or without front panel usb etc?

Seki

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
@Aux I mainly find, what constitutes premium is... thick metal generally, Matt/Satin paint finishes, Nothing on the front of the case (perhaps maybe a power button).

I do not mind cooling vents (as long as they are functional). The size generally does not matter either. Generally just a thick cut or CNC aluminium body ( or magnesium ).

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Have you looked at the Streacomm DA2?

It is almost double the size of the dancase, but it might check some of the other boxes you are looking for.
No window option either, but has a premium feel.

That being said, the Dancase, ncase, Ghost all have a premium feel, though yes, not overly thick metal (excluding the Ghost).

There are some Dancase copies that allow watercooling on Chinese sites, and while I would argue that the material they use seems thicker, I wouldn't say they feel more premium for it.

Seki

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
@Wyd4 Yeah i saw the streacom DA2, Looks right, I just think the size is too big for what i need (shoving in a bag). I agree that Dancase and N1 would have insane quality (lian-li), The Ghost is exactly what i want, I just do not like the top hat idea, i would rather it be flush, I know why they have it thou, for customise ability, I saw a video where the Ghost S1 shell didnt sit flush.... Otherwise I would have probably put the money down.

Do you have any examples of the "Chinese" versions... I am just curious about the design.

For the time being I will be waiting for the Mjolnir, it ticks all of my boxes, Just the production time.... Scares me a bit.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Below are 2 interesting Chinese cases. Not sure if they meet your 'professional' definition though.

1. Highly customizable. Eg side panel can be either 3mm high transparency acrylic or 5mm dark grey semi transparent TG or 3mm aluminium. Both side and top panel's vent hole pattern can be customized. Colours of the case can also be specificed.
https://world.taobao.com/item/568887146869.htm?spm=a21wu.10013406-tw.0.0.52d342d9Aztoct

2. Most parts are 3mm aluminium. Highly customizable too.
https://world.taobao.com/item/520138539668.htm

Seki

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
@tinyitx They look cheaper than the A4 and M1, but still cool to see things like this, But i do like to support the content creator XD (maybe its the colors, why they look cheaper)

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
dan a4

how about i9 9900k with aio water cooling and evga 1080ti ?

looks promising..