Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 | custom BTO case | maximum flexibility for high end hardware in <20L

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Looks great - such a simple idea with great execution.
BTW - is it possible to make the screws flush with the top panel? Perhaps by making a hole bigger and use countersunk screws?

Reactions: UrbanFox

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Looks great - such a simple idea with great execution.
BTW - is it possible to make the screws flush with the top panel? Perhaps by making a hole bigger and use countersunk screws?

Thank you. :)

There are mainly two issues why I didn't go for countersink screws:
  • The screws wouldn't sit flush unless I would use thicker aluminum or could find some suitable M4 120 degree CSK screws
  • You need some "free play" there to compensate for slight assembly tolerances, countersink screws could cause some issues
If you go for the DIY edition you could try to use CSK screws if you keep that in mind.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
No need, I want the complete case from you ;)
I will play with the screws myself.

Maybe gold plated screws and feet would look nice in contrast to the black case. Also could do some paintbrush on the front to give it a personal touch.

Anyway, looking forward what you guys will do with your cases. :)

Reactions: srekal34

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
look what the anodizing guys send me today:

overall I am satisfied with the surface quality. there are some tiny hairline scratches / small anodizing marks on some panels but nothing obvious I personally would complain about. also, you can just flip/turn the panels if one side should have a little mark or something ;)

next steps:
  • this week I will do some QC on your parts before sending them out for anodizing
  • if all parts are OK, I will send them out for surface treatment
  • no guarantee - but if all goes smooth you should be able to build your rigs with the B560 in July :)
Hows the PSU extension entry at the back? My prototype case required some modding to get a 3 pin socket to fit.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hows the PSU extension entry at the back? My prototype case required some modding to get a 3 pin socket to fit.

I saw your mod. Brilliant idea but I had something much simpler in mind when designing this. XD

The case will give you multiple options for power / cable entry, depending on your setup:

1. Mount the PSU directly to the rear panel

2. Route the cables out from the bottom cutout:

3. Route your cables out from the PSU hole cover:

4. Only upon request: optional PSU cable and bracket (thanks @UrbanFox for that idea)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Speaking of ideas, I just saw this:

Any SFF cases that cooler could fit? 🤔

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Speaking of ideas, I just saw this:

Any SFF cases that cooler could fit? 🤔
NH-P1 is 158 mm in height. So, I can think of these:-
a. Deng F15 Pro (20L), 170mm max
b. Sunmilo C01 (12L), 160mm max
c. Mechanic Master C28 (18L), 162mm max

NH-P1 has a compatibility list (including cases).
Interestingly, Streacom BC1 (Mini or not) Open Benchtable is 'incompatible' due to 'insufficient clearance'!!!
The staff who made up this list should get a spank on the rear...lol

BTW, reviews will come and here is one I found so far.
This one interests me particularly as the reviewer used the BC1 Open Benchtable!
And he tested with and without the mentioned NF-A12 fan too.
Good reading/watching!

Thermals for the 5900X are not bad at all. Quite acceptable I would say.
As the 5900X should be hotter than my 9900K, I might just get one. Anyway, will wait for a few more reviews.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
NH-P1 is 158 mm in height. So, I can think of these:-
a. Deng F15 Pro (20L), 170mm max
b. Sunmilo C01 (12L), 160mm max
c. Mechanic Master C28 (18L), 162mm max

NH-P1 has a compatibility list (including cases).
Interestingly, Streacom BC1 (Mini or not) Open Benchtable is 'incompatible' due to 'insufficient clearance'!!!
The staff who made up this list should get a spank on the rear...lol

BTW, reviews will come and here is one I found so far.
This one interests me particularly as the reviewer used the BC1 Open Benchtable!
And he tested with and without the mentioned NF-A12 fan too.
Good reading/watching!

Thermals for the 5900X are not bad at all. Quite acceptable I would say.
As the 5900X should be hotter than my 9900K, I might just get one. Anyway, will wait for a few more reviews.

So it seems not too many SFF cases would fit it. I kinda dig the look of that cooler. Maybe I'll make a BIG to fit it in.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
So it seems not too many SFF cases would fit it. I kinda dig the look of that cooler. Maybe I'll make a BIG to fit it in.

the issue is also the 154x152mm footprint ... it's almost as big as an ITX motherboard. It might conflict with :

• io shroud
  • ram
  • back of the case
  • top of the case
the cold plate is really off-centered

I'm pretty sure it has been designed with ATX layout in mind (especially since natural convection requires more air volume than assisted convection).

Reactions: REVOCCASES

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
the issue is also the 154x152mm footprint ... it's almost as big as an ITX motherboard. It might conflict with :

• io shroud
  • ram
  • back of the case
  • top of the case
No need to worry about IO shroud and RAM as the cooler clears them both (check the video beginning 2:22 for the clearance of an integrated IO shroud and memory...but 2066 might not use too-tall memory though as the memory could be on the left of the socket).
But, for the case, it needs some forward thinking and good planning, especially when a fan is used.

Last edited:
Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
6th pre-order production update:
  • the anodizing guys promised they'll finish all parts within next week
  • I've send my prototype to @GucksTV in Germany for a "first look & build" video - probably with 280mm AIO and 240mm watercooled RX6800XT
  • in the meantime I have already packed all accessories and made a easy build manual - so once the anodized parts come in I can ship your cases very soon

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
7th pre-order production update:
  • the good news: all parts came back from anodizing - earlier then expected
  • the bad news: for reasons beyond my comprehension they somehow managed to anodize all of your parts in silver instead of black
  • the good news after all: they said they can re-anodize the parts and still keep ETA within next week
I'd say so far this project has gone pretty smooth from the initial idea just 2 months ago and despite this small and unpleasant setback you should still get your pre-ordered cases within the next 2 ~ 3 weeks as promised.

If you are curious how the case would look like in silver, here it is:

Next update: as soon as I get the black re-anodized parts! :)