Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 | custom BTO case | maximum flexibility for high end hardware in <20L

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
does the 142.9mm cpu cooler clearance figure account for the side bracket (without fans)? that is, can a c14s be installed with both a top and a bottom fan at the same time as a second 140mm on the side bracket?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
does the 142.9mm cpu cooler clearance figure account for the side bracket (without fans)? that is, can a c14s be installed with both a top and a bottom fan at the same time as a second 140mm on the side bracket?

The side bracket will deduct another 2mm - so in theory it leaves about 140.9mm. But let me check first and confirm with my prototype on Monday. Maybe I can make a "half side bracket" to fit the C14S.

Reactions: teodoro

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

I measured again... Cooler clearance from top of the CPU IHS: with side fan bracket: 139mm / without: 144mm

So with the side fan bracket a 25mm top mounted fan on the C14S does not fit. Without the side fan bracket it fits fine. But like I said, there is the possibility to make a "half-side-bracket".

Speaking of brackets, here is another one if someone need a lot of 2.5" drives:

Reactions: teodoro

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
1st pre-order production status update:
  • screws, standoffs, power buttons and case feet are ready
  • new aluminum profiles and aluminum sheets are ordered and should arrive soon
I'm planning to have all metal parts ready by end of next week and then send them out for anodizing (which might take 3-4 weeks).

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
As promised, I have uploaded a DIY-friendly edition here on the forum. Note that this version is a bit different from the one I officially sell (e.g. no brackets, etc...).

If you know how to use a CAD program, you can also use that for checking part compatibility / clearance.

Reactions: robbee and Arboreal

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
As promised, I have uploaded a DIY-friendly edition here on the forum. Note that this version is a bit different from the one I officially sell (e.g. no brackets, etc...).

If you know how to use a CAD program, you can also use that for checking part compatibility / clearance.

AWESOME !!!!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
2nd pre-order production status update:
  • raw material came in and I made another prototype to check assembly
  • @Goatee got the very first prototype I made earlier and he provided some helpful feedback
  • I send one prototype to my anodizing supplier for a test run
based on the prototype feedback and the latest prototype I will make a few minor changes:
  • the two additional PCIe slot cutouts were supposed to be cut away DIY if required -- I will now use normal PCIe slot covers instead
  • the new vent pattern makes the left and right panels less rigid compared to the old vent pattern -- I will slightly modify those panels

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
  • @Goatee got the very first prototype I made earlier and he provided some helpful feedback

Here are some pictures:

Top view, showing 2x noctua 140mms exhausting heat out the top

Side view, plenty of ventilation

Alternative side view / rear view. No i/o o 60mm fans fitted just plenty of room to breathe

The 3090 flow through cooler sucks cold air in from the bottom, exhausting it up / out the back of the case

Plenty of room to tie cables down / manage them on the utility plate next to the PSU.

Overall the case fits a 3090 FE in really easily, is really nice to build in (taking the struts out / sliding a panel in is dead easy).

Im using a really small MATX board, but the RTX 3090FE fits even with it being in the 2nd slot.

This is prototype is un-annodised, so fingerprints are possible but overall im really impressed and looking forward to the first batch with all the improvements.

Last edited:

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020

Overall the case fits a 3090 FE in really easily, is really nice to build in (taking the struts out / sliding a panel in is dead easy).
Oh man I love this build. Is this power supply really able to deal with the 3090, or is it just for the laughs?
Anyway love the circle pattern as well, wanna see more builds on this one!

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Oh man I love this build. Is this power supply really able to deal with the 3090, or is it just for the laughs?
Anyway love the circle pattern as well, wanna see more builds on this one!

It’s in a mining configuration, so the 3090 is undervolted / underclocked on the core. Pulls 300w at the wall so the 450 is fine for this use.

wizard

Chassis Packer
Feb 29, 2020
anyway I could convince you to make one that has an extra 30mm in height 15 on top and 15 on the bottom to handle 45mm thick rads?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
@REVOCCASES
I've missed the 1st preorder - would you know already when you will be taking second batch of preorders? Love the traditional layout!

If there is still interest from the community I will open pre-orders for a second batch after the first one has been delivered.

anyway I could convince you to make one that has an extra 30mm in height 15 on top and 15 on the bottom to handle 45mm thick rads?

I could make a customized version for you but let me finish the orders for the "normal" version first. Why not try to go for triple 30mm rads in the current version?

Reactions: Arboreal