Production RCC-BIG1 | vertical small footprint 13L SFF case | supports 300mm 2.5 Slot GPUs and NH-L12S

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Any possible rendered design?

Here some new ideas for discussion.

A) I still prefer to keep the amount of single cutouts as low as possible. But of course it should look good and not boring.

PS: Yes, top and rear will have similar style after deciding a final shape/pattern.

Last edited:

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020

My choice would be one of these. But what about copying the patterns to the top plate? Is it possible to have its image? Coherent look would make a difference.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
But what about copying the patterns to the top plate? Is it possible to have its image? Coherent look would make a difference

Yes, after we've decided for one pattern we will use the same for the top and back. I'll make new render images after getting some more feedback. ;)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Update 1

We've checked the cooler IS-60 as suggested by rfarmer.

You might want to check out the IS-60, 6 heatpipes and 55mm tall. I was using one in a Sliger SM550 to cool a 3600x and worked very well.

Here is the result:
Ryzen R7 3800X (105W) with idcooling IS-60, Fan speed 100%
Results (closed case) @ 100% TDP: ΔT= 59°C

Note, that you"ll have to use some lower profile RAM sticks with this cooler.

Update 2

Some people have asked if we can add support for a 140mm case fan. With a few modifications we can! But you'll have to look out for the placement of the PSU power plug. If you use something like the Silverstone SX650 you'll be good.

Thermals with 140mm case fan:

Ryzen R7 3800X (105W) with idcooling IS-60, Fan speed 100%, 140mm TY-14013R exhaust fan
Results (closed case) @ 100% TDP: ΔT= 58°C

RTX2080 SUPER OC, 140mm exhaust fan
Results (closed case) @ 100% TDP: ΔT= 60°C (80% GPU fan speed)

Seems it doesn't make a huge difference concerning thermals, but it could be a little bit more silent compared to the 120mm fan option.

Reactions: rfarmer

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Looks cool. I liked it ;)
You may consider to update or edit the first page first post. People would see the latest progress easier once they click on the thread.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thanks. If everybody agrees with the design and thermals, I would suggest to finalize the drawings for the next prototypes. Agree?

PS: Who would like to test the next prototypes? So far only Yugo555 applied for our "Beta Test Program" :cool:

slaimuuu

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 17, 2020
what a nice design!
what i wanna say is please keep consider using 3.5 hdd...
cz there's no much choice in sff cases that can use 3.5 hdd and i know
users who chases sff don't much like 3.5 but the speed between 2.5 and 3.5 has too much gap so i can't let it down.
hope this project goes well!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
what a nice design!
what i wanna say is please keep consider using 3.5 hdd...
cz there's no much choice in sff cases that can use 3.5 hdd and i know
users who chases sff don't much like 3.5 but the speed between 2.5 and 3.5 has too much gap so i can't let it down.
hope this project goes well!

Sure, we'll keep it. Only compromise: when using a 3.5 drive, you'll have to use a real 2 slot GPU without these fancy big plastic covers. ;)

Dannii820

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 18, 2020
Just found about the case and it looks great :D Did you consider to rise the case by a tiny amount? Bc in your cardboard tests its also elevated ...? And also I would love to see some front IO bc my current case doesnt have it and its quite frustrating... maybe a single type c at the bottom beneath the powerbutton?
But all in all it looks great and i am thinking about also being a prototype tester if you are still searching :D

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thank you :)

Did you consider to rise the case by a tiny amount? Bc in your cardboard tests its also elevated ...?

Well, we would like to keep it a little bit smaller compared to similar cases. But if you have a good reason to make it higher...? ;)

And also I would love to see some front IO bc my current case doesnt have it and its quite frustrating... maybe a single type c at the bottom beneath the powerbutton?

We tried to make the appearance as clean as possible (e.g. no visible screws) so I think we will go for the dongle cable option (see page 1 or 2). If you need to connect something, just pull out the cable from behind, if you don´t need it, hide it under the case. I even thought about to hide the power button on the back but I don´t know... :\

i am thinking about also being a prototype tester if you are still searching

Sure, just send me PM what kind of components you´d like to test with the case. We will choose some different configurations (low/mid/high end).

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Just a short update: the new prototypes will be ready in about 3 weeks and if everything goes as planned we will notify the beta testers then.

In the meantime I've switched my own PC to one of the early prototypes (because I didn't want to scrap them) and it's working really fine. At least for me, with some medium spec components.

Goodbye RVZ01... :p

Reactions: tinyitx and rfarmer

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just a short update: the new prototypes will be ready in about 3 weeks and if everything goes as planned we will notify the beta testers then.

In the meantime I've switched my own PC to one of the early prototypes (because I didn't want to scrap them) and it's working really fine. At least for me, with some medium spec components.

Goodbye RVZ01... :p

Mind posting some pics of the interior? Danke.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Ok, now I know what you mean. That's showing the interior but not with my own PC components. I'll still post the pictures of my own build then...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
PS: I just used spray paint for the covers and I was thinking maybe this might also be a good option for the future...

We could offer a standard version with black anodized surface for the people who like something ready to use and a cheaper "bare metal" version for people who like to DIY and use their own favorite color.

How do you think?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
well, you asked for pictures... just a temporary setup until the new prototypes are ready and my new SFX PSU arrived... ?

I remember you also asked: now you can see there is enough space behind the MB to use M.2 SSDs with heatsinks.

Good! There is a good gap between the back of the mobo and the vertical plate. My concern is mainly about ventilation. From the 3rd pic, if there are openings on the bottom plate right along that gap, then air could be pulled in and upward (cooling the rear M.2 SSD) toward the case top by the top fan.
And, perhaps, the vertical plate can have some vent openings at strategic locations too?

BTW, nice colour coordination of the zip ties to match the PSU cables.