Project Exometry: An Endeavour on a Functional Prototype

Sigmaeleven

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016

Thanks for spending the time reading all of that! I appreciate every critiques or comments, so don't be afraid to do so!

Sigmaeleven

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
Nice presentation boards! I think you will make a very good product designer, have you considered it as a subject?
Unfortunately my college doesn't seem to offer it as an option, but I'll look at it in the future.
But there's something such as learning it by yourself!

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I like it, but there were a few typos in the couple of panels I zoomed in on. I know Photoshop doesn't spell check, but if you want to turn it into a portfolio I'd paste your copy into Word and then PS to check it out.

Also, I definitely thought it was an indie case company posting a new prototype case when I opened it. Great work!

Sigmaeleven

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
I like it, but there were a few typos in the couple of panels I zoomed in on. I know Photoshop doesn't spell check, but if you want to turn it into a portfolio I'd paste your copy into Word and then PS to check it out.

Also, I definitely thought it was an indie case company posting a new prototype case when I opened it. Great work!
Got it. It was just something I did in my spare time. Typos would be fixed in the final version, surely.

Again, thanks for pointing it out!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ceros_X

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I was confused looking at the black case above VS the white render.

Then I realized it's your old Node 304 case LOL.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Indeed some GPUs have fans, heat pipes, as well as power cable protruding everywhere.. I suggest to give some room on top, bottom and front.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
What riser did you wind up going with? I'd op check it fully before you shift your designs around. If it doesn't work out you can get a good quality riser from LiHeat for $40 shipped.

Sigmaeleven

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
What riser did you wind up going with? I'd op check it fully before you shift your designs around. If it doesn't work out you can get a good quality riser from LiHeat for $40 shipped.

A $10 Flyconn one. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Sigmaeleven

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
Nice! Did everything fit together correctly?

For the acrylic parts, yeah. Fortunately the tolerances did cooperate!

I would still need to discharge the acrylic before mounting the anything electronic on it though. A quick wash should suffice.