Problems getting it all to fit! V4 build with 92mm AIO cooler.

superarmstrong

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 18, 2019
Hi All!

Today I received my Dan Case SFX V4 and whilst I think its great, I think it could do with some further refinements for the AIO users like myself.

I've effectively transplanted an old LGA115 Mini-ITX system into this, with two adjustments, I bought the Corsair SF-600 Gold SFX PSU and the Overclockers TechLabs 92mm Cooler Bundle.

So far, the build was tricky but was going well, until the very last minute, no matter how I try to route the included Modular PSU cables, bend them, tape them, etc. I just cannot get enough clearance on the AIO Noctua Fan to let the fan spin. Also the cable management is fairly horrendous, but at this point I just want to get the radiator fan to spin cleanly.

I wondered if braided cables / some lower profile modular cables were available? Or re-orientation of some parts I've put some photos in for context.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

superarmstrong

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 18, 2019
Thanks, yeah have bought the second one now, whilst it arrives gonna 3d print a home made idea. Will report back.

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
I think the fan should be flipped in a "pull" configuration for the Asetek. There's a bit of a guard on the flipped side.
It'll also pull in cool air from outside. If it's in a push config, you push already hotter air from inside the case due to heat from the PSU and GPU.

See here:

superarmstrong

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 18, 2019
I think the fan should be flipped in a "pull" configuration for the Asetek. There's a bit of a guard on the flipped side.
It'll also pull in cool air from outside. If it's in a push config, you push already hotter air from inside the case due to heat from the PSU and GPU.

See here:

I think I remember reading that too! Good shout. Gonna annoyingly try that today. This case is breaking my patience ?

superarmstrong

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 18, 2019
So

Today I flipped the fan and ran prime95 before and after. Thermals look a bit better flipped and as a bonus the PSU wires are not obstructing the fan any longer! I now have a working build! I do however need to tweak it a little as it’s inelegant and the case is under a lot of stress. Progress however.

Will still be installing the fan grill once it arrives.

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Which Kingston ram sticks are those, and are you able to close the sidepanel properly on that side with the AIO tubes over the ram?

superarmstrong

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 18, 2019
They’re hyperX fury DDR3 (got them ages ago). They are quite low profile tbh and pipes not a problem there, more of a problem getting them to sit near radiator/PSU.

Case does close ok, but with force and needs screws to stop things popping out.