Trouble fitting it all in. DAN A4 v4, Asetek 645, AsRock Phantom Gaming z390 itx/ac

Rossamatronix

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Jun 4, 2019
Hi guys, I'm working on a build consisting of the DAN A4 v4 case, with a Corsair SF600, gigabyte WINDFORCE RTX 2080, AsRock Phantom Gaming Z390 itx motherboard. While ordering parts, I perhaps foolishly went with an 8700k i7, not realising air cooling wouldn't really cut it, so I also ordered in the Asetek 645/noctua combo off overclockersUK. I also went with corsair LPX ram for the low clearance.

I started building it today. Things have gotten really tricky trying to route the cables. I've probably installed and removed the PSU ten times now, just trying to figure out how to route the cables, and have probably spent about 6 hours on the build already.

I've also had to take the AIO off the CPU a bunch of times, and noticed the stand offs are wiggly, even when tightened onto the backplate.

I'm really regretting my purchase at the moment. I would love to make this work. Does anyone have any images of exactly how they spread the cables out underneath the PSU, with a similar build? I've scoured google and still haven't found a good image of this solution.

Any advice at all? Thanks!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Three options:

1)With the stock cables it is very hard. (24 pin over the GPU chamber out, EPS & PCIe over CPU motherboard side)

2)Get custom sleeved cables like this:

3)Switch to Noctua L9i with 3D printed fanduct or EKL Black Ridge and setup "Long Power Duration Limit" = 80W-95W.