Discussion PPL - Performance Per Liter - Round 3 - Compute Edition...?!?

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
IDK if that is really reasonable, since the air gap between the feet underneath the chassis does not contain any hardware. @Aux set up the rule with the volume calculation, so lets see what they have to say about it.

Looks like it is bounding box, as your volume is adjusted to 6.94L in the above post...
@Aux , might we get a ruling on decimal places & any rules for rounding up/down...?

The dimensions of the case, if you look at a number of reviews, take note of such extrusions.
The dimensions in the advertising also typically note with and without protrusions.

For a number of these cases, if there were no airflow through the base of the case, the system would overheat and so the feet make a difference.
(see above for ventilation to case from underneath)

The case volume has a significant impact on the performance figure. Currently I round up to two decimal places.

At the end of the day, its up to us to decide if we want to do it one way or another. Im easy on these points.

Boil

SFF Guru
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
The dimensions of the case, if you look at a number of reviews, take note of such extrusions.
The dimensions in the advertising also typically note with and without protrusions.

For a number of these cases, if there were no airflow through the base of the case, the system would overheat and so the feet make a difference.
(see above for ventilation to case from underneath)

The case volume has a significant impact on the performance figure. Currently I round up to two decimal places.

At the end of the day, its up to us to decide if we want to do it one way or another. I'm easy on these points.

In agreement, was just wanting to clarify the volume measurement, as the gentleman with the MI-6 was measuring his chassis box volume, then adding the volumes for four individual feet...

Case is the CCD MI-6 by Firewolfy
Exact dimensions are w/d/h 203 x 135 x 248 mm with 4 feet (20 mm diameter and 5 mm height each)
Total Volume: 6.79644 l + 4 * 1.57 ml = 6.80272 l

Now we know, bounding box that includes the feet & all airspace the bounding box defines, which makes sense...

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
Hi

@sancho

can you add the cpuZ and gpuZ to the screenshots please

thanks

this is your build from
"The most powerful water-cooled assembly with two rtx 2080ti in one casing" or?
This currently only has one rtx2080 or?

GermanDrifter97

Trash Compacter
May 25, 2018
Моя система построена на Dan a4. Могу с уверенностью сказать, что он будет первым при переходе на 3950x. Пока на 8700t он выглядит как этот процессор 3041 GPU 14708 DAN A4 7.25
((3041x14708) / (7,25 ^ 1,5) / 100 = 22912

I LOVE those tight water-cooling-loops. Very well done, and kudos for your engineering and pc-building-skills!!!
Also, I'm looking forward to see your SLI-Solution, as you'd need a custom NVLink Bridge, and I'm curious to see how bifurcation works in modern times.

Good luck with the 3950X, I hope it doesn't melt anything inside your case under full load.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
These tests do not load all elements at once. And in order to close the case, you need to cut 2 screeds from the bottom near the radiator
I've no clue what are you talking about. :D What I have to remove? BTW, I don't think there are scenario where will have 2 gpus and 16core of the CPU on load at the same time :D

Here you are! Stressing 2 GPUs, 16 cores, 2 SSD, NO throttling!!
IMG_2401.JPG

AIDA.jpg

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Yes, I looked at the results of CPU-94 degrees, GPU1-84 degrees (they all work in throttling). It is 35 minutes. Water boils at 100 degrees and turns into steam (depending on height). The life cycle of this system is 0. I do not want to offend you, but my advice will be to find a compromise between performance and cooling quality. Perhaps the radiator needs to be replaced with Koolance or XSPC, their FPI is 2 times higher. Try turning the system unit upside down and checking the system for heat like this.

You are conflating component temp with coolant temp. They are not the same. CPU temp of 94 C does not mean coolant temp even close to 94C.

Boil

SFF Guru
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
New chassis, new entry...!!! ;^p

Paging @Aux to update the leaderboard...?

6292 - Boil - 3900X - GTX 1070 - Fractal Design Era ITX - 325x166x310 - ((7117*6050)/(16.73^1.5))/100 - Post #49

Side bracket to control AIO hoses, temp cables (from my attempted Cerberus build), will be going to a set of the SFF cables from CableMod, both AIOs intake, stock 80x25mm exhausting...

Temps are better than in my TU150, idles in the 30s, light use in the 40s, and WoW is in the 50s; but for extended rendering it needs a full custom loop, time will tell...!

EDIT TO ADD - COMPUTE EDITION ADDITION ;^p

141.300 - Boil - 3900X - GTX 1070 - Fractal Design Era ITX - 325x166x310 - ((7117*135.86)/(16.73^1.5))/100 - Post #49

Last edited: