confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Just noticed that we didn't have a post pics of your setup thread, so here goes:

Yep, no pics of mine, it's too big :p

Here's a pic of the test rig to tide you over though..

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Should this be a thread or some feature of everyone's profile?

(I'll edit this post later when I get some good pics of my rig)

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Desktop PC: Will update pictures with internal shots.

No GPU at the moment as I sold my GTX770. I'm spying french winter sales to get a passive Firepro S7000 (hope it reaches my "insta buy" price before someone gets it).

While this chassis is not ideal, it has a great look and impressive build quality. I plan to recycle it as an HiFi chassis, with source at the bottom and DIY amplifier in the top area.

LittleBear

What's an ITX?
Jan 24, 2016

This is my rig its been running strong for about a year now and this was my first pc build.

Specs:
i5 4690k
GTX 970
8gb hyperX ram

The only change to my computer since I took these pictures is i now have a new ssd in the harddrive cage.

Reactions: mitxlove

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
NIce! How is the airflow in the Xigmatek? I think I saw on a youtube review that the airflow wasn't very good! I l really like the design tho..
With only a rear fan and PSU airflow needing to do all the airflow, I assumed the only way to fly with this case was with the panels off. But closed it still manages well within the thermal limits, although it won't impress anyone. I doubt I'll be waiting long after it serves its purpose on an upcoming LAN party that I'll hack it up, space shouldn't be wasted like this.

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
With only a rear fan and PSU airflow needing to do all the airflow, I assumed the only way to fly with this case was with the panels off. But closed it still manages well within the thermal limits, although it won't impress anyone. I doubt I'll be waiting long after it serves its purpose on an upcoming LAN party that I'll hack it up, space shouldn't be wasted like this.
You looking to get rid of it? I might want it as an HTPC case, heat shouldn't be an issue for my case. DM me?

Tek Everything

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 25, 2015
tekeverything.com
Love these steam machine/ console shaped pc cases! I wish they had better support for a dual slot gpu but I suppose that would only happen if the size and shape was changed..

They need to make desktop boards that support MXM cards. Then we could have it all!

Didn't know they made low profile Quadros, more used to see NVS in that form factor. Nice setup, what are you using it for ?

Yes the Quadro K1200. Imagine a GTX 750 with 4GB of Ram. I use it for work, video editing, and playing some emulators. I am not really a big gamer these days (until the Oculus launches).

That is one clean desk if I've ever seen one.

Ha yea, I hate clutter and mess with a passion.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Only if MXM is ever truely commercialized, it has never been great availability and price-wise. I don't think many are interested in 1,300$ GTX 980's or 300$ R9 270's.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yeah, that's the main problem. Does anybody know why they're actually that expensive? Is it the lower volume production? Or are there some components on them that cost extremely much?