Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Something that is not quite black but much darker than the walnut

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neiru37

Chassis Packer
Feb 29, 2020
Hey, wondering if you could do a tempered glass version? For a fully watercooled build with a single 280 rad, I think a version with the side of one of the side panels having a tempered glass panel and the front triangular side with ventilation holes would still work well thermally.

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
Hey, wondering if you could do a tempered glass version? For a fully watercooled build with a single 280 rad, I think a version with the side of one of the side panels having a tempered glass panel and the front triangular side with ventilation holes would still work well thermally.
I suspect it will be a minute until they can do a redesign

Reactions: SFFMunkee

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
I have been watching this whole sh*t show with Artesian Builds and I have been wondering how this would affect Pluto.
I would assume that given that the employees have been laid off per Steve's video, it's either DOA or the current stock will be sold off via liquidation. Hopefully, Sliger might pick up the design as they did the metalwork for at least the panels per their own review of their case on youtube. Shame about the employees, the cases they made were good. really the victim of poor management by Katz

Reactions: rfarmer

ddollar

Efficiency Noob
Feb 8, 2022
I actually got one of these cases before the company went under. Wasnt super impressed with it came with a very small paint chip and it wobbles. Looks like there will be no way to get any kind of refund now.

MOD EDIT: Removed Trade Section Rules violation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
Hello, everyone.

I wanted to wait until all of the paperwork has been finalized however decided it would be best to address the situation up front.

For transparency, I want to clarify the exact nature of my relationship with Artesian Builds, as stated in our contract. "DS" are my initials.

3.1 Ownership
(A) Artesian acknowledges DS's exclusive ownership of PC Cases, Panels, and Other Projects
(B) Artesian acknowledges that DS owns all assets created before and during the term of this Agreement.

5.1 No Agency, Partnership, Joint Venture, Employee-Employer Relationship' etc. This Agreement is intended strictly as a license and service-provider agreement, and no other arrangement or relationship is intended by this Agreement

The situation is a significant setback, but after coming this far I do not want to let this project just disappear; Especially not like this. I am currently exploring other options for the future of this endeavor. What that future may be is still unclear, I am not ruling out the possibility of starting my own company. I will be able to comment more on the current OEM after some paperwork with artesian is settled, if anyone is interested.

This brings me to the paperwork. Please see another excerpt from the contract:

6.3 Events of Termination. This Agreement terminates upon expiration of the term under Section 6.1 or at any time by the written agreement of the parties.
6.4 (B): Upon termination, DS agrees to negotiate in good faith terms of under which Artesian would be permitted to continue use of the pc Cases, Panels, ant Other Projects, and Artesian agrees to negotiate in good faith terms under which Artesian would assist DS in transitioning use of PC Cases, Panels, and Other projects to another entity

I have requested the termination of this licensing agreement with artesian. I have also requested a meeting to discuss in good faith what will happen with the existing stock of the cases. It is my intent to argue that any outstanding orders must be fulfilled or refunded, however the meeting has not happened yet nor was it explicitly agreed to. The feedback I have received from the Artesian legal counsel is that they will attempt to formalize the termination next week. Please understand this is an expectation, and not final until documented and signed. I will provide more updates as they become available.

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
I actually got one of these cases before the company went under. Wasnt super impressed with it came with a very small paint chip and it wobbles. Looks like there will be no way to get any kind of refund now.
I am sorry the case did not meet your expectations. I may be unable to do anything about the paint chip but I can try to personally address the wobble for you, if you would be interested. This is caused by warped feet. I can re-manufacture the wood top and feet for you, (from a number of different species of wood, I have a few on hand). If this is something you may be interested in please DM me. This is not the experience I want you to be left with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
I actually got one of these cases before the company went under and am looking to sell it. Wasnt super impressed with it came with a very small paint chip and it wobbles. Looks like there will be no way to get any kind of refund now.
Mine wobbles too.
Hello, everyone.

I wanted to wait until all of the paperwork has been finalized however decided it would be best to address the situation up front.

For transparency, I want to clarify the exact nature of my relationship with Artesian Builds, as stated in our contract. "DS" are my initials.

3.1 Ownership
(A) Artesian acknowledges DS's exclusive ownership of PC Cases, Panels, and Other Projects
(B) Artesian acknowledges that DS owns all assets created before and during the term of this Agreement.

5.1 No Agency, Partnership, Joint Venture, Employee-Employer Relationship' etc. This Agreement is intended strictly as a license and service-provider agreement, and no other arrangement or relationship is intended by this Agreement

The situation is a significant setback, but after coming this far I do not want to let this project just disappear; Especially not like this. I am currently exploring other options for the future of this endeavor. What that future may be is still unclear, I am not ruling out the possibility of starting my own company. I will be able to comment more on the current OEM after some paperwork with artesian is settled, if anyone is interested.

This brings me to the paperwork. Please see another excerpt from the contract:

6.3 Events of Termination. This Agreement terminates upon expiration of the term under Section 6.1 or at any time by the written agreement of the parties.
6.4 (B): Upon termination, DS agrees to negotiate in good faith terms of under which Artesian would be permitted to continue use of the pc Cases, Panels, ant Other Projects, and Artesian agrees to negotiate in good faith terms under which Artesian would assist DS in transitioning use of PC Cases, Panels, and Other projects to another entity

I have requested the termination of this licensing agreement with artesian. I have also requested a meeting to discuss in good faith what will happen with the existing stock of the cases. It is my intent to argue that any outstanding orders must be fulfilled or refunded, however the meeting has not happened yet nor was it explicitly agreed to. The feedback I have received from the Artesian legal counsel is that they will attempt to formalize the termination next week. Please understand this is an expectation, and not final until documented and signed. I will provide more updates as they become available.
That's a bummer. once you get the rights cleared, what kind of volume are you looking to do? despite my whining at their customer service, I've actually been pretty happy with the case and would hate to see it die on the vine

Reactions: Neathdrawls

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
Mine wobbles too.

That's a bummer. once you get the rights cleared, what kind of volume are you looking to do? despite my whining at their customer service, I've actually been pretty happy with the case and would hate to see it die on the vine
DM'ed you about the wobble.

Volume is a very tricky question, If past experience is anything to go by, 100 unit batches are reasonable. But even then the costs are very fluid so i dont think that is a good benchmark. The way it usually works is: too little volume and it becomes too expensive per unit to be a reasonable product; Too much volume and the up front capital investment is prohibitive.

ikjadoon

Chassis Packer
Dec 23, 2017
I’m sorry to hear about the Artesian Builds. You’ve made the right decision here.

If making your own company will be tough, I’m hopeful there will be alternative ways to market / sell / license it. The community is large and I’m confident there is a “right-sized” solution.

The cases look really nice and the layout is unique in SFF.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Pity about Artesian, but glad to hear you're still keen to build. I'd still love to get one at some stage and definitely if it helps support your ability to design / make more in future!!

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Passion products rarely die with a manufacturer. NCASE has moved away from Lian Li. The MI-6 changed production mid-run. Meshlicious 2 won’t be with SSUPD. I’m very happy to hear that the Pluto isn’t tied to Artesian, and that the passion hasn’t faded.

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019

neiru37

Chassis Packer
Feb 29, 2020
That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. How was your building experience? Any things I can improve on to make it easier or better in any way?

A glass side panel option is something I'm already considering.
Glad you asked, I actually had a few improvements in mind.

1. Power button - The power button on mine is sticking out ever so slightly, so it's hard to use a 140mm/280mm radiator on the secondary radiator mount. That being said, I was able to fit an Alphacool x-flow 140mm radiator to go around the issue as that was my original plan for this build, however I eventually scrapped that idea because it was getting tedious to disassemble and reassemble. Speaking of:

2. Secondary radiator mounting - would love to have a swivel version of it so that when I need to work on what's underneath it I don't have to unscrew everything. More than anything I'd like to avoid leaving the secondary radiator dangling with just the tubing connecting it to the primary radiator supporting its weight.

3. Wiggly feet - The holes that were cut on the metal bits were probably bigger than the diameter of the screw used to fix the wood feet so no matter how tight I screw it, it still wiggles. Maybe using a bigger screw or having some rubber in between the metal and the wood would prevent this.

4. Shrouding - I know the bottom part has enough clearance for a 25mm fan but in lieu of using a fan I used that space for a fan controller so naturally there's a lot of wires leading to that place. My use case would probably be too specific but I was thinking of having a shroud to cover whatever's there if not using a fan so that there's more options to stash cables other than the space behind the gpu where the psu is.

Other than that, the case is amazing. Unique exterior aesthetics and interior layout and awesome thermals. I'm planning on fabricating (provided I'm not lazy) a cable shroud and an acrylic side panel.

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
1. Power button - The power button on mine is sticking out ever so slightly, so it's hard to use a 140mm/280mm radiator on the secondary radiator mount. That being said, I was able to fit an Alphacool x-flow 140mm radiator to go around the issue as that was my original plan for this build, however I eventually scrapped that idea because it was getting tedious to disassemble and reassemble.
Second this, the ever so slight protrusion of the screws on the button made it impossible to use a ek 280 for me