• Something that is not quite black but much darker than the walnut

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
So it had been a long while, and I wanted to update on the current status as the target was mid December, which is now.

The riser cables have arrived.
We got confirmation that the production of the frames is finished. The shipping was delayed due to a storm, so we are still waiting on that but we are optimistic it will be soon.
The wood pieces have all been cut and are currently being finished, expected to ship this Friday.

The manual is done, and can be viewed/downloaded from the product page (under documents):

I should have more updates soon, as the core pieces start arriving, as well as new photos of the cases :)

Ickonus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 19, 2021
Hej, thats good news. I got all the parts ready and just waiting for the case! But glad to hear that everything is on its way 😁

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
Another big update!

There were all sorts of weather related shipping delays but we finally have everything delivered. Final assembly is starting, packaging screws, riser cables, installing the wood to the frames ect. We are looking forward to begin fulfilling preorders late this week or early next week! 😀

As we make the first few, we will also update the product photos with the final production units.

Since the cases have arrived, we are also closing preorders. Going forward they will just be orders, with the release price of $288.

We have also made the decision to make the first batch 100 units instead of 50. This was driven largely by the current supply chain issues, we have to leverage bigger scale to make this endeavor work out.

Some_guy

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 31, 2021
I'm in for 1. Anybody thinking about air cooling it? I'm thinking a dh9 with side/rear exhaust and bottom/GPU as intake.

Reactions: Shatrod

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
My plans to preorder were shaken a bit by the fact I still need to pay for my wedding and rent and kid's school fees, hmm. Stupid priorities.
@Shatrod any idea how long it'll take to get to Batch2 (or how many are left in Batch1?)

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
Hi looking at black or slate with walnut top.

Just wondering if I was to order what the lead time would be and if I would be in the run.

I’m based in the U.K. :)

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020

Just wondering if I was to order what the lead time would be and if I would be in the run.

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
My plans to preorder were shaken a bit by the fact I still need to pay for my wedding and rent and kid's school fees, hmm. Stupid priorities.
@Shatrod any idea how long it'll take to get to Batch2 (or how many are left in Batch1?)
Ah tell me about it. Congratulations on your wedding! I would not say there is a rush. Since batch 1 was 100 units as opposed to the planned 50 we actually still have quite a few. I think... around 25 in each color or somewhere around there. Batch 2 is something we will consider as current stock depletes.

I think the lead time right now should be about 1-1.5 weeks between order placed and order shipped. Its a little time consuming to do the final assembly and packaging and we are working through the preorders to get them shipped out. Shipping internationally is not a problem :)

Happy holidays!

Reactions: SFFMunkee

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
Hey, I placed an order for a Pluto a week ago and haven't received any response to repeat requests for shipping updates. Is there any chance I could get one in the near future?

Update: Addressed very swiftly. I was reaching out to the wrong email like the consummate moron I occasionally am.

Last edited:
Reactions: SFFMunkee

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
So I may have spoken too soon. I got the case in one piece, really well made and high quality. Thank you for that. One issue does remain. you somehow sent me a 280mm left turn riser for a case that looks to me to require a 150-160mm right turn riser cable. I'm normally not this publicly indignant, but this is a very basic facet that's not rendered the pc unusable until I source a new cable. At the price point you're charging, this shouldn't be an issue.
The case should ship with a linkup PCIE4EXT11SL cable by design. Could you please double check that is the cable you recieved? It is a 280mm left turn riser.

The intent is for the cable to wrap under itself and then up over the power supply as so:

A right angle riser was considered but it would conflict the power supply because the cable could not make a sharp enough bend coming off the PCB.

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
Some photos of the production units!

I know the black and grey look extremely similar under some lighting, but you can really tell the difference in the side profiles.
Here are more galleries: