Power Supply Please help, Provide advice on Flex power unit

derekmccoy

Case Bender
New User
Mar 2, 2021
Hmm, ok I'll cancel the Ali order and have a look at how to order something from this Taobao place which is ironically dodgier looking than AliExpress.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 31, 2017
this Taobao place which is ironically dodgier looking than AliExpress.

as many have stated before, if you're uncomfortable using agents from Taobao, there's a simple solution.

just buy this PSU, as its been fully tested by SFF Forum members : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001971974182.html

afterwards- make sure to immediately send a message to your seller, that you need a black color model, with white cables.

Reactions: scatterforce

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
For UK, Europe and further afield Enhance ENP-7660B now in stock. 2 year warranty.

https://www.overtek.co.uk/enp7660B

Please note for customers in the EU, IOSS is due to become active next week.

Updated images due on Thursday.

But in short, finished in black, with 2 dedicated 6+2pin PCI-E connectors on their own cable runs (not 2 connectors sharing 1 run) 4 SATA, 2 Molex.

Also now available, ENP7140, 400W gold and ENP7520 200W bronze flex atx.

For the closet miners we also have in stock a superb enhance 2000W Platinum atx unit

Instran0

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 31, 2017
Enhance ENP-7660B now in stock. 2 year warranty.

i think that 2 of the reasons, why SFF Forum members keep mentioning alternatives, to a standard non-Taobao ENP 7660B are :

a) its not modular
b) the warranty is effectively an illusion, based on what most people on this forum want to do, which is mod it with a Noctua fan, to reduce noise [ modding voids this warranty ]

Last edited:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
i think that 2 of the reasons, why SFF Forum members keep mentioning alternatives, to a standard non-Taobao ENP 7660B are :

a) its not modular
b) the warranty is effectively an illusion, based on what most people on this forum want to do, which is mod it with a Noctua fan, to reduce noise [ modding voids this warranty ]
🌵That's fantastic🌵

Warranty is what it is like on anything, although its not a manufacturers warranty, its back to us in the UK 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Also available ENP-7140. 400W Gold cert Flex ATX, black case, black cables. Guess what, also with 2 year warranty 👊

lozza_c

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2020
I'd chance my arm with one of the Sunons over the Noctua, but I understand what you're getting at the moment you open the enclosure.

In terms of modularity while YTC and HZ Mod seem to come highly regarded, I'd have to consider the tradeoff of need versus my rights and ease of recourse under consumer law. I don't know what kind of QC these mods are held to, and whether you'd even be able to sell them commercially in the EU. I can only imagine recourse through AliExpress or TaoBao to be more tortuous than from a UK or EU vendor.

Modular would be nice - but I don't want to blow myself up, or my house burning down.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 31, 2017
I understand what you're getting at the moment you open the enclosure.

I can only imagine recourse through AliExpress or TaoBao to be more tortuous than from a UK or EU vendor.

when you mod your fan to make it not noisy, this 2 year warranty is voided, making it meaningless, which is the point.

if you use Paypal with AliExpress, you should be safe.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
A quick update on our ENP-7660B units.
Stock fan is quiet on our version and runs at 3V till 480W. That said, we also now offer a version with Noctua fan for a smoother quiet accoustic note. Stock or Noctua fan - 3yr warranty included.

Glad to see you are now offering the Noctua version, as we discussed recently. This is really awesome for the community, especially since you give a full warranty with stock and Noctua fan.

However, personally I would add a note in the description that the Noctua version might not be able to handle a sustained load of the full 600W due to the lower airflow.

Just saying, you never know what customers are doing with the PSU and if it sits in a "hot box" with a 3090 or something.

Reactions: scatterforce

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Glad to see you are now offering the Noctua version, as we discussed recently. This is really awesome for the community, especially since you give a full warranty with stock and Noctua fan.

However, personally I would add a note in the description that the Noctua version might not be able to handle a sustained load of the full 600W due to the lower airflow.

Just saying, you never know what customers are doing with the PSU and if it sits in a "hot box" with a 3090 or something.
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback its engineered to benefir from the better accoustic signature of a Noctua fan without detriment to the airflow.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback its engineered to benefir from the better accoustic signature of a Noctua fan without detriment to the airflow.

So that means we now have a reasonably silent FLEX with real 600W output and full warranty for a fair price - I think that will be a game changer. Did you consider to send out one unit for review to spread the word?

Last edited:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
So that means we now have a reasonably silent FLEX with real 600W output and full warranty for a fair price - I think that will be a game changer. Did you consider to send out one unit for review to spread the word?
Yes, will get to that, we've got one initial one here.
https://reviewer.co/psu/enp-7660b
This wasn't instigated by us, but was from an early pre-order customer. Will look towards them doing a follow up review in due course of what, for reasons I do not know, but seem to wish to call the 'Nooky' version. Probabaly just me feeling the missapropration of subserviance and obsessiveness to one fan brand that's largely based on slow rpm fans with a maglev type bearing, am I being unfair on Noctua, I don't know, full credit to their marketting team and that meeting where they commited to doing that 'fouled nappy' colour scheme, a strong differentiator.

But will also look towards another review that's more technically focused and happy to delve into the internals with a technical knowlege of them and the pro's and cons. Not that I'm trying to take anything away from the review above, just different angles for different folks.