Power Supply Both HDPlex 250w GaN units have failed?

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Hiya everyone,
On my latest build i’ve decided to go with J-Hack’s Stratos case and Hdplex 250w gan psu. However, the first unit arrived in late August was DOA. Then they sent me a replacement unit and after a few months later, i think this one has just failed too. I can’t turn on the PC unless i unplug and plug it like 5 times maybe. I’ve already checked everything, cables, connections etc. I only run a ryzen 5 2400g with this unit. No gpu or no power hungry stuff.
On the other hand, when i move the system to my old 160w pico psu, everything works perfectly normal.
I left a short video down below, please see that too.
As you can see when i press the power button, amber light on the psu goes away and blue light comes only for a fraction of a second and then amber light comes back and the PC doesn’t turn on.
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers!

Last edited:

bellissimo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 24, 2017
I also have a similar problem. Mine works the first time it is turned on, but once the computer goes into standby or is turned off there is no way to turn it back on until you unplug the cable for 10 seconds

Reactions: ondert

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
I also have a similar problem. Mine works the first time it is turned on, but once the computer goes into standby or is turned off there is no way to turn it back on until you unplug the cable for 10 seconds
Yes almost the same, sometimes i need to unplug it and press power button for 10 sec and then plug it and turn on.
The first unit was dead on arrival too. Anyway, i reached the company and i sent both units back.

Reactions: bellissimo