Phone thread

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I got a silver iPhone X. I'm going to try and remember all the phones I've had and compile a list of them.

Nokia 5110
Motorola T730
Motorola Razr V3i
LG Voyager 2
Casio Exilim C721
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
OnePlus One
Google Pixel
iPhone X

I think that's all of them.

Reactions: lozza_c

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I currently have a moto g4 plus. before that I had the zenfone 2 with 4gb of ram.
I really liked the zenfone but honestly, it was weird to hold and rocked a lot on the table because the back it curved. it was really a mess to type to when 'flat' and earlyer this year the batery was lasting only 4 hours. the screen was really nice tho

the moto g3 I have now I only really need to charge in 2 to 3 days when I'm home. I really like the swipe gestures in the fingerprint scanner so I really like it. its really good for the money. the biggest downside i'd say is the camera. its better than the zenfone but still very 'ok' for my taste.

Reactions: el01

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
I just got an asus rog phone to try out the 90hz oled screen. It was either this or the razer phone 2. Went with the asus phone for the headphone jack and second usb c port. So far I've quite liked the phone.

The only things I'd change are:
1. The glass back (I still think it's a dumb idea and plastic or ceramic would still allow wireless charging)
2. The lack of wireless charging (which makes the glass back even worse, but is partially made up for because 2 usb ports and a headphone jack)
3. The lack of expandable storage

The back of the phone is pretty "gamery", but the phone is going to spend most of it's life with a case on, so I don't really care. The front of the phone kind of reminds me of the old droid line with the copper accents, which is both good and bad, because it's makes me miss physical keyboards more. ;D

Other phones I've had in order of most recent:
Nexus 5
Back to the backflip when the droid 4 broke
Droid 4
Motorola backflip (rooted, cyanogen mod, multitouch patch, overclocked to a whopping 768 MHz)

Reactions: el01 and owliwar

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Let's see if we can get my Xperia X to work! It's probably corroded to hell under one of the ICs, so I've removed the heat/anti-interference shields, and now I'll soak the motherboard in alcohol. Either that, or I'm stupid and one of the connectors isn't making proper contact.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I dug into my treasury (junk) storage to find out what phone that I have used and have still kept with me.
There were phones that I have used and sold or given away.
Anyway, I found this:- Motorola L2000i.
It turns 18 this year.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I dug into my treasury (junk) storage to find out what phone that I have used and have still kept with me.
There were phones that I have used and sold or given away.
Anyway, I found this:- Motorola L2000i.
It turns 18 this year.

大哥大in its full glory XD XD

Motorola has come a long way.

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

大哥大in its full glory XD XD

Motorola has come a long way.
I lived through that era too.
Of course, I did not owe one as it was ultra expensive and only the rich and famous used them. And the gang leaders used them too, as a last resort self defence weapon...lol

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I lived through that era too.
Of course, I did not owe one as it was ultra expensive and only the rich and famous used them. And the gang leaders used them too, as a last resort self defence weapon...lol
XD I remember a story one of my high school English teachers told me about when she was living in LA. she had one of those at the time (this was a few years after), and her husband was freaking out about her safety. one day, a random idiot on the street tried to rob her, and she just hit him with the phone until he passed out and then called the police. true story.

remember the ones used in here?

Reactions: Elerek

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Anyone else have their eye on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro?

So many wins for this phone. First Android phone with 7nm CPU. Best camera. Huge 4200 mAH battery. In-screen fingerprint scanner. 3D Facial recognition. It'll evenly wireless-ly charge your other things. It's sick. Just wished the price would come down. Maybe Black Friday?

Reactions: Soul_Est and Elerek