Does anyone know if RGEEK L80S fits Mean Well EPP-200-12?

dc443

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
I'm hoping to shoehorn the EPP-200 into this case. I googled but have not found anyone done this but there definitely seems to be ample space in there for it.

I am debating whether I want to give this a try or just go with an external brick. It's not going to be my personal system, it's for my dad to use and he will not bat an eye at having a power brick to deal with. But the perfectionist in me would love to go solder some custom length cables etc etc if it'll be a slam dunk.

Running Asrock B550 phantom gaming ITX with a 5600G.

thinking of either mini-box picopsu 160W or RGEEK 250W picopsu, and likely this remains the same whether going the brickless mean well approach or the external brick approach, have to do more research to see which one is going to be better.

One pressing issue is, let's say all goes smoothly, how the hell am I going to add a plug for the 120VAC to the case. This issue (I dont think it'll be justifiable if I have to make extensive case mods) will probably tank it and revert me to going with external brick.

Also, one thing, where would I source the mounting hardware for the barrel plug port for these pico psu's? They should come with this stuff. I just don't see pictures of them so I can't tell if they will fit the case.

Also I'm not confident that I have the L80S case but I think it is because it measures 80mm tall and the ventilation holes and USB 3 ports and stuff match the pictures. But the amazon order I placed did not have a name for this case...

dc443

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
I got the PSU from digikey and indeed it does fit. I have to do something clever to the mounting bracket of the case to make it go where it needs to go but there is plenty of internal space for it. The main piece of work though is figuring out the best place to mount the C6 power socket.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've been using double sided 3M tape for years for my Meanwell PSUs with no problems.
I got the PSU from digikey and indeed it does fit. I have to do something clever to the mounting bracket of the case to make it go where it needs to go but there is plenty of internal space for it. The main piece of work though is figuring out the best place to mount the C6 power socket.

dc443

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
Thanks but could you clarify which type of 3M tape? VHB... 467MP/200MP... these are the ones i happen to have on hand