Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
General Entry Rules

• Picture of actual PC build
  • Picture of Cinebench R23 (30 mins) CPU benchmark result with CPU - Z
  • Picture of Octane benchmark with GPU - Z
  • Picture of Timespy benchmark result with GPU - Z
    • Time Spy on default preset and score is Graphics score, not total score.

• Case maker, name and exterior dimensions (including feet) to be shown to corroborate volume
  • Volumes calculated as bounding box
    • Total volume will be rounded up to two decimal places
    • Please provide Case, Feet, extras (top hat etc) & brick (if used) dimensions
    • Please provide link to case website official dimensions if possible

• Round 4 PPL calculations
    • ((CineBench R23 score * Time Spy graphics score)/(Build Volume^1.5))/100
    • ((CineBench R23 score * Octanebench 4.0 graphics score)/(Build Volume^1.5))/100
    • These calculations may be modified to keep numbers reasonable (eg - /100 to /1000)

• This is a friendly competition, please keep it clean and civil
  • Recommendations, modifications, suggestions etc will be discussed & considered
  • Competition ends at 25 entries (new round with new benches starts after)
| Time Spy download link | Cinebench R23 download link | Octanebench 4.0 download link

Last edited:

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
@Aux I think Oct 1st is more reasonable, gonna take some time between Ampere order starts and people actually have the cards on hand

It looks like you were right, and looking at the chaos which is the release, I dont expect its going to get better until I dont know when.
Fingers crossed for someone to get an Ampere card and to do a SFF build with it.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
It looks like you were right, and looking at the chaos which is the release, I dont expect its going to get better until I dont know when.
Fingers crossed for someone to get an Ampere card and to do a SFF build with it.
I see plenty of RTX 3080/3090 builds over on r/sffpc already, some even has RTX 3080 with full cover waterblock. The problem is those guys probably have no idea about our forum, let alone PPL concept & the friendly competition we have here ?

Reactions: SFFManiac07

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@thelaughingman too many people trying to be the next Linus or Jayz
not that I can blame them
those guys actually did a lot of content on SFF boutique cases - that's how I got into SFF actually, I watched the LTT's video on the Dan A4 v1 years ago, and got so hooked that I had to Googled up the case, found the A4 thread here and stuck with this forum ever since ?

PLLovervoltage

Chassis Packer
May 26, 2020
Nice. I've been eyeing a few cases from China for myself but Ive noticed most of them list internal dimensions (3.96L is also internal). I've seen people saying the actual size for the k39 being 4.35L to 4.47L. Could you measure the actual dimension of the case?

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
I dont have a metric measuring tape and was going off the listed dimension, if anyone has the actual dimensions, happy to redo the scores

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
Hi

Thanks for your entry.
Can you add the height of the feet

thanks

Last edited:

Lucas

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2020
This is perfect motivation and lots of good ideas to push more power from the SFX-rigs.
I'm working on a new case, and just found this thread.
My goal of being able to push 165.000 points and 6500 points in this competition.
It might be a stretch, but I think it is better to aim high than too low.

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
First Entry

Case external dimensions taken from

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Alright, Round Four of the PPL comp...!

I am waiting on a new GPU & a new chassis, then I will get in on this round of action...!!!

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Alright, Round Four of the PPL comp...!

I am waiting on a new GPU & a new chassis, then I will get in on this round of action...!!!
I'm in the same boat, waiting on Big Navi and possible upgrade from 3900X to 5950X before joining this round ? then I can say peak-AMD achieved!