Ordering geeek a60 through superbuy, help!

Cretin

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
Hi guys- as per the title I've tried to order a geeek a60 using superbuy, but I've had a message about possible customs charges etc. Does anyone have any experience of this? I've attached a pic. Thanks!

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
This is common practice when ordering from abroad, once it hits a certain price level for due taxes in your country.
It will go to customs and excise and you will be liable for import duty (taxes) costs incurred with importing that product into your country.

For example here in the UK if I order something from anywhere outside the EU in excess of £120, that product is liable for 20% import duty costs payable to UK customs and Excise once it gets in the country.

You can google the import duty threshold for your country if you are unsure of what it is.

With the A60 maybe you could order it without the PCI-E riser to reduce the cost and keep it under the threshold for due taxes? if it is indeed the case (no pun intended) that order is liable for import duty.

Last edited:

Cretin

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks Legion, you seem very knowledgeable on the subject.

To clarify though, it seems as if the tax risk is to ship the product to the Superbuy warehouse in China, before it is then passed on to me. Any idea?

The order came to 85odd USD, and I'm in the UK, so hoping it wouldn't pass the £120 threshold

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Thanks Legion, you seem very knowledgeable on the subject.

To clarify though, it seems as if the tax risk is to ship the product to the Superbuy warehouse in China, before it is then passed on to me. Any idea?

The order came to 85odd USD, and I'm in the UK, so hoping it wouldn't pass the £120 threshold

In that case you should contact Superbuy and point them to the UK tax thresholds, it's well under the figure for where you would be liable.
The chinese agent in charge of your order, may not be aware of this. (it happens)

It could indeed be possible there are taxes from the seller to Superbuy's warehouse. Ask for clarification.
Other than that the only advice I can offer is to wait for them to come back into stock on Geeeks website.

Last edited:

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
[rant]
Lucky you UK guys!
Here in Switzerland the threshold is at CHF66 = GBP50! :\
[/rant]

Cretin

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks, I've written a message. I feel like a lot may be lost in translation though- we'll see!

Does anyone have an idea when the geeek website will have stock again?