Geeek a60 Build help

Cretin

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
Hi guys... Got a geeek a60 on its way to me and currently own the following components:

Asus Rog 1070
Thermaltake toughpower 450w SFX

The gpu specs seem to suggest that it won't quite fit the case- is there any leeway here or do I need to sell up?

Secondly I'm upgrading from an i5 3570k. Can someone recommend a cpu/mobo upgrade that's both budget and meaningful? It needs to not bottleneck the 1070 I suppose-. Ive been considering the ryzen 2600 but i can't find many used ones and would rather spend slightly less if possible.

I'm mostly gaming in 1440- but use 4k in games like overwatch which seem slightly less demanding.

Appreciate the help - looking forward to my first sff build!

Haawq

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 5, 2019
Hi.
I got the A60 myself. Biggest for me: For AIO you need something with less rigid tubing. Like the Kraken 240. Be careful so you don't get a 240.

My GPU did not fit at all. But I have a huge 1080ti FTW3. The standoffs for the motherboard makes it impossible to fit. Also the pci extention has to be screwed in by the time the gpu goes in, so harder to get around trying to fiddle something in.

When it comes to itx board and cpu. Have a look at AM4 and 2600(x). Budget friendly and with the possible release of 7nm Zen2 this summer you'll have a easy time upgrading to something more powerful down the road. Go to the build a pc sales subreddit, you will find a good deal if you spend some time looking.

Any other questions about the a60 feel free to ask

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Hi guys... Got a geeek a60 on its way to me and currently own the following components:

Asus Rog 1070
Thermaltake toughpower 450w SFX

The gpu specs seem to suggest that it won't quite fit the case- is there any leeway here or do I need to sell up?

Secondly I'm upgrading from an i5 3570k. Can someone recommend a cpu/mobo upgrade that's both budget and meaningful? It needs to not bottleneck the 1070 I suppose-. Ive been considering the ryzen 2600 but i can't find many used ones and would rather spend slightly less if possible.

I'm mostly gaming in 1440- but use 4k in games like overwatch which seem slightly less demanding.

Appreciate the help - looking forward to my first sff build!

Is this the 1070?:
https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING/specifications/

It may "just" squeeze in there at .4mm over the case spec.

As for your CPU upgrade wait until the Zen 2 CPU's release and see what happens with CPU prices then.
You'll have to test if the 3570k is bottlenecking the GTX 1070 in the games you play at whatever res and settings, there is no clear answer only your own testing.
If you do find a bottleneck overclock the 3570k to 4.2ghz (or more) and it will eliminate or reduce it significantly!

Last edited:

sfxbajan

Average Stuffer
Dec 4, 2017
Hi.
I got the A60 myself. Biggest for me: For AIO you need something with less rigid tubing. Like the Kraken 240. Be careful so you don't get a 240.

My GPU did not fit at all. But I have a huge 1080ti FTW3. The standoffs for the motherboard makes it impossible to fit. Also the pci extention has to be screwed in by the time the gpu goes in, so harder to get around trying to fiddle something in.

When it comes to itx board and cpu. Have a look at AM4 and 2600(x). Budget friendly and with the possible release of 7nm Zen2 this summer you'll have a easy time upgrading to something more powerful down the road. Go to the build a pc sales subreddit, you will find a good deal if you spend some time looking.

Any other questions about the a60 feel free to ask

Post pics of the case and build.