(Image Credit: Asus Website)

Asus and Noctua have officially announced their partnership not long after information slipped out regarding their upcoming RTX 3070. The card is a massive 310 x 147 x 87.5 mm, and occupies over four slots in a case. However it does include two Noctua NF-A12x25PWM fans with zero RPM mode for what might be the quietest GPU on the market. The heatsink is said to be "tailor-made" to take advantage of the Noctua A12's performance. Boost clocks are 1845mhz in OC mode and 1815mhz in "gaming" mode. In reality, I would expect to be able to get attain 2GHZ or more out of such a powerful cooling setup.

While this card is extremely thick, it's still not out of the range of some small form factor cases, and could prove to be a perfect solution for people looking for silence and small size. It also allows those looking to make their brown and tan build's truly complete.

You can read more about it at the official Asus website.

Reactions: Phuncz

jughead0

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2021
So they took a heatsink from an existing card, double-sided taped (literally) the fans to it, and molded a funny shroud for it. So you're basically paying for the plastic shroud lmao.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I think of it as a pre-modded card. We've requested a review sample. Hopefully Asus will have one available as GPUs have been tough to get.

Reactions: Skripka

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
So they took a heatsink from an existing card, double-sided taped (literally) the fans to it, and molded a funny shroud for it. So you're basically paying for the plastic shroud lmao.
Yea for the hoopla about it....it is really a low-effort product. Just a fan mod basically. And it isn't like it is going to cost $1,000MSRP--oh wait....

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Well it is 4.3 slots thick, I don't know what SFF cases it will fit lol
Some SFF cases are listed as 4-slot but if you look at the pics, it seems some can fit probably up to 4.5 slot.
Eg
Captain S V3

Mechanic Master C26

ZZAW B3

BTW, although Asus lists this card as 4.3 slots, I think it might actually be 4.1 or so because Asus usually measures the total width of the card starting from the face of the back plate. So, a few mm might be subtracted.

Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I have a Cerberus X I can immediately test in. If we get a review sample, I'll do some build guides with it.

Reactions: Phuncz

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Some SFF cases are listed as 4-slot but if you look at the pics, it seems some can fit probably up to 4.5 slot.
Eg
Captain S V3

Mechanic Master C26

ZZAW B3

BTW, although Asus lists this card as 4.3 slots, I think it might actually be 4.1 or so because Asus usually measures the total width of the card starting from the face of the back plate. So, a few mm might be subtracted.

don't forget my BIG560 - seems like a perfect match and I didn't even know about that GPU when I designed the case XD

Bild_2021-10-09_215011.png

Reactions: Phuncz and Revenant

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Ok these one looks fine width wise, but the other issue is height at 147mm, tallest gpu I've seen probably (maybe some HOF and watercooled cards are taller) and these cases don't look wide enough. Maybe it would be a really tight fit though.

87.5 is certainly wider than 4slot which is 82mm max with backplate

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Der8auer does a great technical teardown.

Now to wait for Chromax NF-A12X25 to actually, really, really and realistically come to market, and not be scalped as well.

Is it just me or the brown fans look more, pleasing?

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Now to wait for Chromax NF-A12X25 to actually, really, really and realistically come to market, and not be scalped as well.

Is it just me or the brown fans look more, pleasing?4
I also think the brown fans look better. It is not just the fan colour but also that it syncs with the colour of the shroud as well. The shroud has the brownish tint and I think black chromax fans do not look quite matching.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
I also think the brown fans look better. It is not just the fan colour but also that it syncs with the colour of the shroud as well. The shroud has the brownish tint and I think black chromax fans do not look quite matching.
On that note, Noctua has actually released the chromax U12A and A12X25. Finally, in chromax!

Should be available on official Amazon Noctua shopfronts. Maybe OOS soon, but last I checked, fans are still available on Amazon US.

Press release.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Agreed. They have pushed back the release of NF-A12x25 so many times I was starting to believe it would never come out. This is going to sell like mad. Amazon already has them in stock.
Yeah! I was half expecting them to only announced it fully in Dec 2021, before Christmas. That's still Q4 no? Haha.

Newegg also has stock too.

Sigh, but I just can't justify spending that much on the U12A chromax, and even more fans that I can use in my case. As much as they look damn great.

Reactions: rfarmer

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
On that note, Noctua has actually released the chromax U12A and A12X25. Finally, in chromax!

Should be available on official Amazon Noctua shopfronts. Maybe OOS soon, but last I checked, fans are still available on Amazon US.

Press release.
Thanks for the heads up. I've had my head buried into benchmarks lately so I didn't notice. I'll post an article on the main news feed.