Photo Credit: Asus via Tom's Hardware

Tom's Hardware is reporting that they got a glimpse of the Noctua cooled RTX 3070 that Asus is making. The card is absolutely massive, and will take up 3.5 (4) slots. It is, of course, colored multiple shades of brown. The card is cooled by what appears to be two Noctua A12 120mm fans, which are also brown.

Photo Credit Asus via Tom's Hardware

There is a lot of brown in this cooler.

I'd like to take a moment to point out that you can get the Sliger Cerberus MATX case with a solid side panel. I have the Cerberus X and it's great. I can't see a single bit of brown inside it. Here is the Optimum Tech Review.

The Vietnamese Facebook post has since been taken down, and pricing wasn't listed.

Check out the Tom's Hardware article HERE.

Reactions: Neathdrawls

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It is 310 x 147 x 87.5 mm.
My quick search found one SFF cases that just might fit.

From the pics, Captain S V3 (14.8 L) appears to fit a 4.5 slot thick card (even though it says 4-slot)?
If not, maybe removing the bottom panel?

Reactions: Phuncz

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
As much as I like Noctua (and their hallmark color scheme), I don't see much point in this product. Noctua could show 'em how it's done by designing a thin GPU heatsink that would rival all the gravitationally challenged monstrosities of today, but ended up producing an even more comically oversized chungus of a card.

Might as well just sell two NF-A12x25 fans with some zip ties as a bundle... What would actually disrupt the market, in my opinion, is a (fanless) video card with mount points for standard case fans on its heatsink. But ASUS probably figured out that in the current market pretty much any card would sell.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Its MSRP of 830 USD for the OC Edition is $260 higher than what I paid for a MSI 3070 Ventus 2X OC a couple weeks right before the price hike last year. And, each A12x25 costs 30 USD and so the remaining 200 USD goes for the shroud and the brand name psyche and the extra point sharing for Asus/Noctua. Not too bad. This card is probably the most quiet card next to a totally passive card.

He said the heatsink is almost identical with Asus' own 3070 Dual and 3070 TUF Gaming cards. So, I am a little disappointed that he compared the card with three 3070 Ti (FE, Asus Strix OC, Gigabyte Aorus Master). Why not compare it with other 3070's. Better yet, compare it with Asus 3070 Dual and TUF Gaming. This should be more revealing of the Noctua's contribution.

Reactions: thelaughingman

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
As much as I like Noctua (and their hallmark color scheme), I don't see much point in this product. Noctua could show 'em how it's done by designing a thin GPU heatsink that would rival all the gravitationally challenged monstrosities of today, but ended up producing an even more comically oversized chungus of a card.

Might as well just sell two NF-A12x25 fans with some zip ties as a bundle... What would actually disrupt the market, in my opinion, is a (fanless) video card with mount points for standard case fans on its heatsink. But ASUS probably figured out that in the current market pretty much any card would sell.
Totally this.
Yeah, it is sure silent... than those 2- 2.5 slot 3070's... but it's 4 slot. If those manufacturers would design a 4 slot gpu, I'm pretty sure that would've been silent too.
Actual improvement would've been if Noctua would design a gpu with the same thickness, bur granting a more quiet operation. THAT would've been something to boast about, saying "See? That's the difference of our fans."

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
A smidge over MSRP....how does $2,000 sound, given this market?
The RX 6800 XT costs about 680€ including taxes. So considering a Morpheus heatsink + 2 Noctua fans would cost an additional 150€ extra, I'd not want to spend more than 800€ on it. I know it's not going to happen, but then I'll also not going to be buying. I'm a patient person, I'll die waiting for an affordable GPU before I ever decide to pay scalpers.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Now that Noctua has made a significant first step into GPU cooling arena, I wonder if they will go for the next and final frontier,ie the PSU market. They could sweep the whole floor clean (case fans, CPU heatsink fans, rad fans, GPU fans and PSU fans).

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Now that Noctua has made a significant first step into GPU cooling arena, I wonder if they will go for the next and final frontier,ie the PSU market. They could sweep the whole floor clean (case fans, CPU heatsink fans, rad fans, GPU fans and PSU fans).
Well...sort of. They sold their standard 120mm fans to Asus for OEM integration into a GPU. The cooler is the original cooler Asus used for other models.

I doubt they'd diversify. the margins on those other products are loaded with competitors that make (or rather OEM source) very good products

Reactions: Phuncz