News HARDWARE: Noctua and Asus Collaborating on a GPU

Based on a recent ECC filing, it looks like Noctua and Asus may be collaborating on a GPU cooler. The name provided for the card was Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Noctua GPU. Nothing has been announced officially as of yet.

Link to the original Tom's Hardware Article

Personal Take: This has some serious potential. The 3070 is a good performing card that can fit nicely in many SFF systems. I could see this as a great card for NCASE M1s.

1628121197527.png

• Love
Reactions: August and tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Based on a recent ECC filing, it looks like Noctua and Asus may be collaborating on a GPU cooler. The name provided for the card was Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Noctua GPU. Nothing has been announced officially as of yet.

Link to the original Tom's Hardware Article

Personal Take: This has some serious potential. The 3070 is a good performing card that can fit nicely in many SFF systems. I could see this as a great card for NCASE M1s.

View attachment 1207
I am not that optimistic as far as that card being a SFF one. First, 3070 is relatively too powerful to be released in a SFF. Secondly, a full size card has a much larger market and so this is where Asus will go after, first of all. Profitwise, this makes sense. I bet, this collaboration is a longer term one (vs just a one off thing) and so the first product should make a loud and big entrance. As such, a beefy heatsink fan (with Noctua beige and brown) will attract many more buyers.

Regardless, this is exciting news. Personally, if it is a passive 3070, I would buy it to make my system totally fanless.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I am not that optimistic as far as that card being a SFF one. First, 3070 is relatively too powerful to be released in a SFF. Secondly, a full size card has a much larger market and so this is where Asus will go after, first of all. Profitwise, this makes sense. I bet, this collaboration is a longer term one (vs just a one off thing) and so the first product should make a loud and big entrance. As such, a beefy heatsink fan (with Noctua beige and brown) will attract many more buyers.

Regardless, this is exciting news. Personally, if it is a passive 3070, I would buy it to make my system totally fanless.

Oh I don't think it will be SFF. Not for the first card. However, if they can keep it to 2 slots a lot of Ghost S1, Dan A4-SFX, and Thorzone Mjolner users will be happy.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I am wondering if this could be Noctua's first step into the GPU cooling market (ie to challenge Arctic's Accelero line of products)?
If so, this 3070 Noctua edition will have a heavy weight heatsink, probably with de-mountable and exchangeable Noctua fans (92mm, or even 120mm). And, eg in a Ncase M1, people will no longer have a need to deshroud the card and put fans at case bottom. One such Noctua edition 3070 will suffice.
/dream mode

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I am wondering if this could be Noctua's first step into the GPU cooling market (ie to challenge Arctic's Accelero line of products)?
If so, this 3070 Noctua edition will have a heavy weight heatsink, probably with de-mountable and exchangeable Noctua fans (92mm, or even 120mm). And, eg in a Ncase M1, people will no longer have a need to deshroud the card and put fans at case bottom. One such Noctua edition 3070 will suffice.
/dream mode

Of course...such a card will probably have a $999 MSRP, before scalping....and there will be no stock of it until mid-2022 to buy.

Look at the Asus AIO pricing...that comes with Noctua fans that costs 2-3X what other AIOs costs, for a hint about pricing.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
What I hope this card will be:
~1.5 thickness slot card that is just a bare heatsink with screwmounts for the two supplied NF-A12x25 pwm 120mm fans, so it ends up a 3 slot card with 25mm thick fans or around a 2 slot card if you'd swap it with 15mm fans, with standard 4-pin fan headers on the PCB. Also no RGB.

What it will end up being:
A standard Asus card with a "Tuned by Noctua" logo and some slightly better performing fans.

jughead0

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2021
What I hope this card will be:
~1.5 thickness slot card that is just a bare heatsink with screwmounts for the two supplied NF-A12x25 pwm 120mm fans, so it ends up a 3 slot card with 25mm thick fans or around a 2 slot card if you'd swap it with 15mm fans, with standard 4-pin fan headers on the PCB. Also no RGB.

What it will end up being:
A standard Asus card with a "Tuned by Noctua" logo and some slightly better performing fans.
I hate it so much that you're probably right.

Reactions: riba2233