NFC S4 Mini #182 - Timbre

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Hey Guys,

I've now started on my next S4 Mini mod which will be more elaborate and hopefully much more interesting than the Orangulan. Like the Orangulan this will likely take a couple of months to be finished, but I thought I'd post a couple teasers of the early work.

This is actually just a design and fitment mockup and the final bezel will be made of Mahogany instead of Walnut as well as being substantially beefier.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Nice! You might want to merge those front panel GPU vent holes diagonally to make them like the one's on Josh's new Acrylic panel... You can see what they look like on the OP of my sig. The reason I mention that is because the 1080mini you got there, pushes A LOT of air out the front panel, and the front panel is where most of the noise the 1080mini makes comes from, due to how close the fans are to the inner chassis due to air turbulence.

Last edited:

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
The problem with those patterns is they are difficult (and costly) for my guy to reproduce. I also wanted to do something a little different. I'm not too too worried about air flow. If all else fails, I can get one of Josh's panels and chop a hole in the wood to put it over.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
That looks amazing, and unique! I don't know about wood or how goof Mahogany is, but it looks nice. And you seemed to custom wire some stuff into the bezel as well, that is what I like most. :) I look forward to the seeing this completed and truly customized S4 mini. :)

Reactions: SeñorDonut

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Okay so it's finally time to necro this thread. Final version of the Dynamo 360 arrives this week so I am hoping to finish this. Just thought I'd post a couple photos of the brick I had done for this build:

Custom Mahogany enclosure for the HDPlex 300W AC-DC

Doubles as a headphone stand for my Fostex TH-X00 Headphones

Also in Mahogany

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
It hasn't been yet as I had the parts out on loan for a while and just got the panels re-painted (last person who painted them for me didn't primer the panels and everything peeled off). I dusted it off last week and I'm probably going to finish it in the next two weeks.

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Another victim of being too busy with life. To be honest I could probably finish it in a weekend and might try to do so in the near future. Either before or after that I'll probably be looking to sell it if anyone would be interested in picking it up. I just have far too many builds on the go and this one probably won't meet a need unfortunately. If anyone would be keen let me know.