New revision of Ncase M1, when?

CianXIII

Case Bender
New User
Jan 8, 2019
@Necere will there be an option for this? it's a showcase panel where it has vented sides AND an acrylic window. Or is this just too much of a hassle and cost inefficient? Excuse my paint skills, they're not refined. Of course the gaps will/should be balanced from the bottom side.

Edit: oops I didn’t see someone already inquired. Would’ve loved this concept and would pa for it. Hopefully in the future!

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Assuming it takes a bit longer than early July, does that mean that the preorder option will still be available at Sfflab?
You can be sure of it. Honestly w360 wanted to put preorders up a month ago, but I told him no, we have to wait until we know for sure what we're delivering and when we're delivering it. Too much is still up in the air right now to give any firm dates.

Reactions: Secret-Misthios

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
One thing we're considering is releasing M1 V6 initially without any front I/O - power button only, with an otherwise blank plate where the ports will be. The reason for this is the lead time on the tooling for the ports, plus it will add to the price of the case. A no-front I/O version will allow the price to stay the same and won't delay V6 any longer than necessary for those who may not need or want the I/O. People who do want it could also order the I/O ports as a separate kit later when they're ready.

What do you guys think?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
One thing we're considering is releasing M1 V6 initially without any front I/O - power button only, with an otherwise blank plate where the ports will be. The reason for this is the lead time on the tooling for the ports, plus it will add to the price of the case. A no-front I/O version will allow the price to stay the same and won't delay V6 any longer than necessary for those who may not need or want the I/O. People who do want it could also order the I/O ports as a separate kit later when they're ready.

What do you guys think?

I wish that would've been an option before I bought my V5! I'm fully in favor of that idea for future revisions. As far as I'm concerned you could even go the same route as the S4 mini, and send the case without a power button, reducing the price even further.

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019

What do you guys think?

Wouldn't mind it, I occasionally use a cases front IO, to plug in my phone or a USB stick etc. But very rarely, could just buy a USB hub and put it on my desk for even better accesibilty. No front io would probably give the case a cleaner look, I am also for it. But I definitely would need a power button :p.

Reactions: madmax

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

What do you guys think?

Right now this discussion is going on in the The Sliger SM550/560/570/580 thread. Most of the people who have responded want only the power button without usb or audio, the ones that do want usb want the type C. Personally I still prefer front audio and type B usb. I think releasing it blank with the option to add later maybe the best bet.

mikeoa13

Minimal Tinkerer
May 15, 2019

What do you guys think?
This sounds like a great idea to me! I'm honestly really excited to get an M1 and I would love to have one as soon as possible. With the option to get the I/O kit on its own later on, releasing the case without I/O seems like the best option to me.
I would still really like to keep the power button, though.

Last edited:

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
I'd like to keep the power button..
As for USB, I only ever use about three [mouse, keyboard, controller; maybe headset]. Type C would be neat since it seems to be the way of the future but not required since most cases dont do it in mainstream either.

Aviswa

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Hmm maybe I’m in the minority but I actually frequently use the front io ports. That said, as long as we can still get an upgrade kit down the line with the full io, I’d be okay with just the power button up front.

Reactions: Engr62

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019
Another yes for just the power button.

This upgradable front panel should cater to both camps that do not want the I/O / cleaner look / can't bother with internal USB cable management, and for those that need it.

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
Personally if both options are available, I'll wait for the one with the io, since it gives me more options and I'm not in a rush where it matters to me as far as timing

yoyo55

Trash Compacter
Aug 15, 2015
+1 for the NO I/O just power button. Sold my V1 just so I can pick up a V6 with that option

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018

What do you guys think?
Interesting. Would this be a change only on the front panel or would it also change the entire front i/o module? Presume it will not be backwards compatible with V5?

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
I use my front I/O on my V4 M1. I’m needing to do a new build and have been waiting on the V6. If it doesn’t have front I/O, I’ll probably pass.