New revision of Ncase M1, when?

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
The V6 front I/O bracket will be backward compatible, so if we offer the front I/O kit including the bracket that will be an option for you.
I actually meant it the other way - I intend to buy V6 and thought to move the bracket from V5 with the USB ports, so I wondered if that would be possible :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I actually meant it the other way - I intend to buy V6 and thought to move the bracket from V5 with the USB ports, so I wondered if that would be possible :)
Oh, I see. Actually that won't be possible - I've redesigned the bracket so it only requires two screws to attach to the chassis, vs. six on V5 and earlier. Consequently, those four extra screw holes are no longer used and have been removed from V6.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Oh, I see. Actually that won't be possible - I've redesigned the bracket so it only requires two screws to attach to the chassis, vs. six on V5 and earlier. Consequently, those four extra screw holes are no longer used and have been removed from V6.
Thank you for your answer! No big deal, was just wondering. I'll get the V6 in any case and then it's dedicated bracket :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
? Any timeline for pre-order and delivery?

Hope can get it 7.7 :)
Nope. I got the latest prototype today, and frustratingly it doesn't include all of the updates it's supposed to. I was hoping this would be the one I could give the go ahead on production with, but no such luck. It'll be another week or two before the revisions are made and the next prototype is sent to me, so it'll be at least that long before I have any idea about a production schedule.

Last edited:

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Nope. I got the latest prototype today, and frustratingly it doesn't include all of the updates it's supposed to. I was hoping this would be the one I could give the ahead on production with, but no such luck. It'll be another week or two before the revisions are made and the next prototype is sent to me, so it'll be at least that long before I have any idea about a production schedule.
Darn.

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
Nope. I got the latest prototype today, and frustratingly it doesn't include all of the updates it's supposed to. I was hoping this would be the one I could give the ahead on production with, but no such luck. It'll be another week or two before the revisions are made and the next prototype is sent to me, so it'll be at least that long before I have any idea about a production schedule.

Well, at the very least it seems like preorders will [maybe] be available for the Ryzen launch. Meaning just enough time for enough reviews of motherboards, chips, overclocks, and what to avoid and what to get for each price bracket. I think the timing is just right.

Reactions: ikt

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019
Hi @Necere, I was just wondering how the new panels fare for those that use an Accelero III + bottom exhaust fans which is probably the best GPU cooling capability of the case.

The new panels are most likely going to help stock configurations of 2080 Tis that intake from the bottom and exhaust on the sides (especially 2.75 slot cards), but will it have a significant effect on the old exhaust setups? Do the extra ventilation holes help channel air through the fin stack from the sides or did the closed off bottom actually make the exhaust fans have a more 'focused' flow when pushing air out?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi @Necere, I was just wondering how the new panels fare for those that use an Accelero III + bottom exhaust fans which is probably the best GPU cooling capability of the case.

The new panels are most likely going to help stock configurations of 2080 Tis that intake from the bottom and exhaust on the sides (especially 2.75 slot cards), but will it have a significant effect on the old exhaust setups? Do the extra ventilation holes help channel air through the fin stack from the sides or did the closed off bottom actually make the exhaust fans have a more 'focused' flow when pushing air out?
A bottom exhaust config will likely benefit to some degree since it'll have more direct access to outside air. It should also make a bottom intake setup with the Accelero more viable.

Reactions: JustinDulay

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
A bottom exhaust config will likely benefit to some degree since it'll have more direct access to outside air. It should also make a bottom intake setup with the Accelero more viable.

I just realized something, and I'm either very bright or very dimwitted lol. With some Ncases being sold without the front io, that would mean that the length and the height restriction for GPU taking the third slot would change. It was my understanding the only reason why it was restricted if using the third slot was because of the io. If so, could we get the measurement limits for a 3 slot GPU without the interference of a front io? Specifically the length/height. Thanks.

naokuronao

Efficiency Noob
Jun 6, 2019
Hi @Necere, I'm curious if the hdd bracket is still there for the side panel? I'm thinking of moving to sff case but I have 2 hdd that I still want to keep using.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I just realized something, and I'm either very bright or very dimwitted lol. With some Ncases being sold without the front io, that would mean that the length and the height restriction for GPU taking the third slot would change. It was my understanding the only reason why it was restricted if using the third slot was because of the io. If so, could we get the measurement limits for a 3 slot GPU without the interference of a front io? Specifically the length/height. Thanks.

GPU length is 317mm in slot 1 & 2, 279mm in slot 3. So with no front IO it would be 317mm for all 3 slots.

Reactions: Secret-Misthios

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
What about height...?

Current v5 is 111mm max height for a 3 slot card, 140mm for a two slot card...?

If the height also opens up with v6, then maybe the ASUS Matrix will fit within...?

310mm x 135mm x 59.6mm (L x H x W)

Reactions: Secret-Misthios

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
GPU length is 317mm in slot 1 & 2, 279mm in slot 3. So with no front IO it would be 317mm for all 3 slots.
Yea, I figured the length would be that. Just needed some official confirmation. Would the height limitation also be increased to the same of the two slot ones? Without the io does it go from 111mm to 140mm?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Don't forget the bracket and power button are still there. This is what the new one looks like:

You can see that it's really the power button PCB and connector that are the limiting factor here.

The difference in length restriction is ~299mm at the limit without the front I/O, 294-290mm with depending where you measure from and how much wiggle room your GPU allows for the cables at the front:

What about height...?

Current v5 is 111mm max height for a 3 slot card, 140mm for a two slot card...?

If the height also opens up with v6, then maybe the ASUS Matrix will fit within...?

310mm x 135mm x 59.6mm (L x H x W)
Yea, I figured the length would be that. Just needed some official confirmation. Would the height limitation also be increased to the same of the two slot ones? Without the io does it go from 111mm to 140mm?
Height is not affected by the I/O module at all, but by the chassis. That said, I've eliminated the two clips at the front and rear that were right in line with the GPU PCB, so that should help somewhat with tall GPUs.

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
Don't forget the bracket and power button are still there. This is what the new one looks like:

You can see that it's really the power button PCB and connector that are the limiting factor here.

The difference in length restriction is ~299mm at the limit without the front I/O, 294-290mm with depending where you measure from and how much wiggle room your GPU allows for the cables at the front:

Height is not affected by the I/O module at all, but by the chassis. That said, I've eliminated the two clips at the front and rear that were right in line with the GPU PCB, so that should help somewhat with tall GPUs.
When you say tall GPU, do you mean a couple mm more than the allotted 111mm height clearance in the third slot or somewhat closer or halfway to the 140mm of dual slot clearance height?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
When you say tall GPU, do you mean a couple mm more than the allotted 111mm height clearance in the third slot or somewhat closer or halfway to the 140mm of dual slot clearance height?
There isn't a simple answer to this. The maximum height changes at different lengths due to the chassis, and for the bottom slot, the clips:

But these don't tell the whole story, since you still need some room to be able to maneuver the card in. Plus you're going to have some cards with irregular shrouds that will be taller at the midpoint, but shorter towards the ends. 111mm was a safe recommendation I went with for triple slot cards and/or long cards, since that was all I could really guarantee would fit.

Having said that, for V6 in addition to removing the two clips, I've reduced the flange at the back as well as enlarged the opening at the front. This should at least help with installation of larger cards.

Last edited: