Production NCASE M1EVO

h2oxide

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
Sorry if I missed this, but what is the max supported CPU HSF height? Wondering if this fits the U12A

Last edited:

Ansau

Chassis Packer
Jun 5, 2017
Sorry if I missed this, but what is the max supported CPU HSF height? Wondering if this fits the U12A
Max is 135mm, the U12A will not fit.

Best options would be:
Be Quiet Dark Rock TF2
Thermalright Silver Soul 135
Thermalright SI-100
Noctua C-14S (only with top slim fan)
Noctua U9S
Noctua D9L

PseudoPsyche

Cable Smoosher
Jul 10, 2019
Will 15mm slim fans fit under the 4080/4090FE? Looks like there is enough clearance going by eye but just want to confirm before placing an order tomorrow.

Also can you provide info on 180 degree adapters you recommend or even the one pictured in your test fit?
I'd also like to know both answers, as well as if this can comfortably fit an SFX-L PSU with a 4080 FE installed?

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I'm kind of confused as to what this case does that the Streamcom collab doesn't at almost 1/3 the price. Sure its 0.5L bigger but its offering the same and greater compatibility in a smaller footprint on your desk.

TBH I dunno how much sense it makes dropping $250+ on this vs waiting for the FF01.

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I'm kind of confused as to what this case does that the Streamcom collab doesn't at almost 1/3 the price. Sure its 0.5L bigger but its offering the same and greater compatibility in a smaller footprint on your desk.

TBH I dunno how much sense it makes dropping $250+ on this vs waiting for the FF01.
Legitimate question, indeed.

Little is known of the FF01.
But, from what has been exposed so far, I reckon the chief factors that 'justify' the higher cost of the M1EVO over the FF01 are:-
a. 'heritage' value being the next generation of the legendary NCase - minor
b. Quality upgrade, material-wise (ie more Aluminum) and manufacturing process-wise (ie CNC) - major

I myself am waiting for the release of the FF01 as well. Frankly, I do noit expect the quality of the FF01 to be low. It will still be acceptably good (mind you that the name Streacom does not convey a cheap cheap product to me) but, comparatively speaking, it will not be as good as the M1EVO. In addition, I think the FF01 is even more versatile than the M1EVO. I personally particularly like the vertical standing configuration. Really have to wait some more months. At the end of the day, either product is a 'win' product. There is no loser here, IMO.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
TBH CNC means nothing to most potential buyers. If I could buy this case for half the price because traditional manufacturing is used, I'd be all over it and I'm sure the huge NR200 user base would too. Build quality for me personally is irrelevent beyond a case meeting the desired functionality target. I don't lick and caress the CNC'd aluminum after a build is done (or throw it town a flight of steps to test durability) nor does it help me sleep at night knowing its built better than some stamped steel thing.

I was going to buy it but at this point I just can't wrap my head around why it exists after they announced the FF01.

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
Current V6.1 owner here. Will the M1EVO support the ICEMANCOOLER reservoir DDC pump combo for the M1? Love me my dual radiator M1 loop.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
TBH CNC means nothing to most potential buyers. If I could buy this case for half the price because traditional manufacturing is used, I'd be all over it and I'm sure the huge NR200 user base would too. Build quality for me personally is irrelevent beyond a case meeting the desired functionality target. I don't lick and caress the CNC'd aluminum after a build is done (or throw it town a flight of steps to test durability) nor does it help me sleep at night knowing its built better than some stamped steel thing.

I was going to buy it but at this point I just can't wrap my head around why it exists after they announced the FF01.
You're in the minority there when it comes to the boutique SFF market. Just await the Freeflow series, different strokes for different folks :).

Reactions: rfarmer

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Current V6.1 owner here. Will the M1EVO support the ICEMANCOOLER reservoir DDC pump combo for the M1? Love me my dual radiator M1 loop.
No, although supposedly it's likely Iceman will make another version. They did try, but it wouldn't be feasible whilst maintaining structural stability of the rear panel.

Reactions: Epos7 and L91

blnmate

Case Bender
New User
Oct 31, 2022
Hey girls, boys and all in between and beyond :)

Placed my order of the silver version a couple of days ago. But I forgot sth. to ask before. My plan is to switch with my current system in the new case, coming from a 360-Radiator-Custom-Watercooling-Solution now planning to create a 2x-280-Radiator-Cooler.

My plan is to put one Rad behind a sidepanel, the other Rad either top or bottom, depends on how GPU is going to be cooled. I´m not going to use a dual-chamber-built again.

Does anyone know whether there is an extra panel necessary for the Rad behind a sidepanel? Is it already included? Description on the website just says 3-Rads requires a seperate kit, whereas 2-Rad is possible by default. But what does that exactly mean? Where are those 2 Rads can be installed by default?

Thanks in advance!

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
Hey girls, boys and all in between and beyond :)

Placed my order of the silver version a couple of days ago. But I forgot sth. to ask before. My plan is to switch with my current system in the new case, coming from a 360-Radiator-Custom-Watercooling-Solution now planning to create a 2x-280-Radiator-Cooler.

My plan is to put one Rad behind a sidepanel, the other Rad either top or bottom, depends on how GPU is going to be cooled. I´m not going to use a dual-chamber-built again.

Does anyone know whether there is an extra panel necessary for the Rad behind a sidepanel? Is it already included? Description on the website just says 3-Rads requires a seperate kit, whereas 2-Rad is possible by default. But what does that exactly mean? Where are those 2 Rads can be installed by default?

Thanks in advance!

The M1 EVO uses radiator brackets and essential an additional set is required for 3rd radiator.

Last edited:

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019

I'm interested in the extra strength that can be gained from CNC parts. With stamped parts, you're limited to the thickness of the sheet material, whereas machined parts can be tailored where strength is needed. Not really an issue for an air cooled build, but liquid cooling parts are heavy. It will depend on if the design is done well, but I'm hoping the EVO can support heavy components and fittings better than the original.

NUM13

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 14, 2023

2023-07-05: M1EVO 40XX Without Riser Installation Verified!​

We had an extra 4080 FE today, the same size as the 4090 FE, so we double-checked the fit. It is fine and easy to install using a 12VHPWR 180D angle adapter.

Some of you want to avoid adapters and prefer custom 12VHPWR cables instead. It might be possible with a motherboard standoff hack, but I will leave it to you guys to figure it out because it's not officially supported.

My personal view is that the 180D adapter is both cleaner and better cable mgmt than custom cables. Compared to customs cables on a tight bend, I would argue that 180D adapters are less prone to problems in the long term if you can get a good one.

Looking at this, the 4090FE looks a lot tighter then I expected! I thought all 40xx cards fit inside the case?

Can anyone confirm the max height GPU that will fit inside the M1?

As I just bought the Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC which has a height of 75 mm!

Thanks all!