NCASE M1 V6 info

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Just opened mine. Amazing quality. What is the bracket in box 1 for? Also, those fan grills that come in box 1 are for use on the radiator fans I assume?

EDIT: Also, can front IO cables be used alongside 2 bottom fans?
the bracket in box 1 is used for a ATX PSU, so if you want that option you can use that one instead of the already installed sfx bracket

and from my experience with the fans under my GPU, it is a tight fit becasue the cables are rather thiccc, so you need bend them or shift the fans as far ass possible to the back of the case for more room. i personally dont use front I/O that much and switched to the cleaner only powerbutton option, and with less cables its way easier to install such fans. but it will fit, you just need to squeeze a little
EDIT: yeah those grills are for when your fanblades are turned to the inside, to protect them from all the cables.

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
Just opened mine. Amazing quality. What is the bracket in box 1 for? Also, those fan grills that come in box 1 are for use on the radiator fans I assume?

EDIT: Also, can front IO cables be used alongside 2 bottom fans?

EDIT2: Is the power button supposed to light up? Mine doesn't but PLED and HDD LED cables come with the case so that's why I would assume it would? My motherboard manual doesn't show which pins are positive and negatives, does it matter which way I plug those cables?

yes the front i/o cables can be used with 2 fans on the bottom, there's enough room to wiggle the cables.

what motherboard do you use exactly?

yes the power button has a blue LED and also blinks for HDD status.
only POWER and RESET = doesn't matter positve and negative, you can plug cable any direction and it works.
But, PLED and HDD LED both require correct positve and negative.

Every retail motherboard on earth will have a manual that shows which way is positive.

Reactions: schn1tt3r

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Does anyone know if you can just pay the charges when it appears on the tracking portal or do you have to wait for Parcel Force to send you a letter?

You can pay them as soon as the parcel appears to be at your local Parcelforce distribution Center and save a day or two waiting for the notification letter with the charges applied. You can pay them over the phone or in person and also collect at the same time (that’s what I did, as soon as it was with parcelforce having cleared customs and charges applied, I drove there, paid the charges and collected).

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
yes the front i/o cables can be used with 2 fans on the bottom, there's enough room to wiggle the cables.

what motherboard do you use exactly?

yes the power button has a blue LED and also blinks for HDD status.
only POWER and RESET = doesn't matter positve and negative, you can plug cable any direction and it works.
But, PLED and HDD LED both require correct positve and negative.

Every retail motherboard on earth will have a manual that shows which way is positive.

Thanks for the reply, I went through all the trouble of disassembling and putting it back together just to invert the LEDs after googling.

that is the manual of my motherboard which shows no positives or negatives (page 1-24)

The motherboard itself doesnt show it either. I had to dig up a motherboard picture from some website which I guess was reviewing a "review unit" and that one did have the diagram printed on the PCB

very weird that ASUS didn't include this info in such an expensive MoBo

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I went through all the trouble of disassembling and putting it back together just to invert the LEDs after googling.

that is the manual of my motherboard which shows no positives or negatives (page 1-24)

The motherboard itself doesnt show it either. I had to dig up a motherboard picture from some website which I guess was reviewing a "review unit" and that one did have the diagram printed on the PCB

very weird that ASUS didn't include this info in such an expensive MoBo
ASUS always include this info!

Its marked on the short panel cable thats included in the motherboard box... you hook up the cable to the motherboard and the other ends have all info printed on each respective male connector, if not printed there is a little molded, protuding "arrow" on the backside of each connector indicating positive lead ;)

Using it would have saved you both disassembly and googling time, for me personally i think its the best invention since sliced bread :p

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Question for those who use the Alphacool Eisbaer 240LT. I bought this cooler because it has no RGB and it only uses one PWM cable to connect to the motherboard instead of SATA+USB like most AIO (Kraken and Corsair).

For some reason, while transferring the hardware to the M1, my LT240 decided to stop working. Looking at the manual of my motherboard ( https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...15818_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_IMPACT_UM_V2_WEB.pdf page 1-21) I noticed a table that says W_PUMP+ is the only one that works always at FULL SPEED.

CPU_FAN1A12WQ-Fan Controlled-
CHA_FAN1A12WQ-Fan Controlled-
RAD1A_FAN1A12WQ-Fan ControlledA
RAD1B_FAN1A12WQ-Fan ControlledA
W_PUMP+3A36WFull-Speed-

Now, I am wondering if I did wrong plugging my Eisbaer 240LT to the CPU fan like all other AIO's instead of the W_PUMP one since all other AIO use SATA to power the unit not just CPU_FAN. Is CPU_FAN too little power for the LT240?

The AIO worked great for 5 month and only now, it decided to break (I bought the Kraken X52 now). I would like to get another LT240 so that I don't have to use SATA cables as I use two M.2 drives no need for sata, but I am afraid of another one of these LT240 AIO breaking. Thoughts? Is the Eisbaer LT240 just bad?

Last edited:

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Question for those who use the Alphacool Eisbaer 240LT. I bought this cooler because it has no RGB and it only uses one PWM cable to connect to the motherboard instead of SATA+USB like most AIO (Kraken and Corsair).

For some reason, while transferring the hardware to the M1, my LT240 decided to stop working. Looking at the manual of my motherboard ( https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...15818_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_IMPACT_UM_V2_WEB.pdf page 1-21) I noticed a table that says W_PUMP+ is the only one that works always at FULL SPEED.

CPU_FAN1A12WQ-Fan Controlled-
CHA_FAN1A12WQ-Fan Controlled-
RAD1A_FAN1A12WQ-Fan ControlledA
RAD1B_FAN1A12WQ-Fan ControlledA
W_PUMP+3A36WFull-Speed-

Now, I am wondering if I did wrong plugging my Eisbaer 240LT to the CPU fan like all other AIO's instead of the W_PUMP one since all other AIO use SATA to power the unit not just CPU_FAN. Is CPU_FAN too little power for the LT240?

The AIO worked great for 5 month and only now, it decided to break (I bought the Kraken X52 now). I would like to get another LT240 so that I don't have to use SATA cables as I use two M.2 drives no need for sata, but I am afraid of another one of these LT240 AIO breaking. Thoughts? Is the Eisbaer LT240 just bad?

No your fine, you did nothing wrong connecting it to CPU_FAN it delivers enough juice to run your LT240... it only draws 4w and headers are max 12w

W_PUMP header just delivers even more juice for an bad ass pump if needed... 3A and 36w

Quality of the LT240 might be another story and can brake easily maybe ?! You cannot brake it by installing it on the header even whichever you choose... if its broken its more like internal fault of the pump itself and if only run for 5 months you still might get another one under warranty ?

Or... try knock on it to wake him up ???

Reactions: schn1tt3r

marcastro

Case Bender
New User
Jun 16, 2019
I just got shipping notice of my Panel Kit but the tracking number is "AwaitingTracking!" Will we get a tracking number later on? I had gotten a tracking number once it shipped in the past for my v6 and on another order for a power cable.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I just got shipping notice of my Panel Kit but the tracking number is "AwaitingTracking!" Will we get a tracking number later on? I had gotten a tracking number once it shipped in the past for my v6 and on another order for a power cable.

Reactions: marcastro

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
What ODD would you all suggest? My use case is primarily audio CDs and DVDs, but most likely will make use of Blu-Ray later on. Just looking for something that fits really lol.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
What ODD would you all suggest? My use case is primarily audio CDs and DVDs, but most likely will make use of Blu-Ray later on. Just looking for something that fits really lol.
If there are any internal slot-loading Blu-ray drives worth mentioning, I don't know of them. I would recommend just getting an external one; Pioneer drives should be solid.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Just look at some slim SLOT LOADED! odd bays, because the thicc ones won't fit. And slotlaoded because 1. You won't have acces to the open button 2. The thing that comes out of the bay won't fit through the little slot. there aren't any major differences between brands. So just look some up and pick one that suits your price needs best. Speed is almost all the same between them, and quality is pretty similar too. Only problem is that they are pretty rare, and can cost a ton for a little slot drive. This is one of the only ones you can still buy. Amazon lists some too, but most of them are second hand or for a laptop. So just look around and see if you can find something that suits your needs.
EDIT: 1. Make sure if you buy a second hand one or one of a laptop to don't buy one with tray!! This won't fit, and 2. Maybe there is something here that I skipped over that could help

Last edited:

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Is the Blank front I/O faceplate the one that has only the power button on it?
Yes, you'll have more room for your gpu, and less cables with that one, and outside will look cleaner too. Just look in the instructions on how to replace it, or just figure it out by yourself because who uses instructions nowadays lmao

Reactions: Theai

abear182

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
You can pay them as soon as the parcel appears to be at your local Parcelforce distribution Center and save a day or two waiting for the notification letter with the charges applied. You can pay them over the phone or in person and also collect at the same time (that’s what I did, as soon as it was with parcelforce having cleared customs and charges applied, I drove there, paid the charges and collected).

Well my parcel finally landed in my local depot this morning! It was sitting in Customs since Friday. Drove down to the depot and picked it up all good!

Only downfall was I got slapped for £34 :(. ( £21.99 Import Tax & £12 Parcel Force handling fee)

Reactions: MultiDoc

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Well my parcel finally landed in my local depot this morning! It was sitting in Customs since Friday. Drove down to the depot and picked it up all good!

Only downfall was I got slapped for £34 :(. ( £21.99 Import Tax & £12 Parcel Force handling fee)
Nice, enjoy your build !
As for the tax, it’s random I guess...£8 more than what I paid last week but still half of what I paid 2 years ago for my v5

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018

Reactions: Plaklijm

retnyop

Cable Smoosher
New User
Jan 13, 2020
does
Nice, enjoy your build !
As for the tax, it’s random I guess...£8 more than what I paid last week but still half of what I paid 2 years ago for my v5
seems strange that for an item with a defined value that the import costs would vary that much. I paid £25 all in

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I've got my silver M1 for 4 days now, and I still can't believe how premium it is compared to all the other trash I've had before. I am tempted to put in an ODD just because I think all silver with black top would look great, so might aswell buy a black ODD haha. Anyone tried that combo (silver body black top)?

Reactions: Twanvh and Plaklijm