NCASE M1 V6 info

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
That's not true actually. Any parcel that ends up at german customs needs to be opened by the receiver, they always check for what's inside the parcel to prevent smuggling and what not.

there was another guy over on reddit who had the exact same experience

edamar

Efficiency Noob
Jan 8, 2020
Thank you @Jetpaction for the advice. As well to @Plaklijm thank you too... the comparison video is actually the video that convinced me to get the Ncase M1, but somehow managed to forget the video entirely ? . Seriously though thank you I've been waiting over a year for this build an my anxiety level was over the roof thinking about what was the best configuration for cooling the PC.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Thank you @Jetpaction for the advice. As well to @Plaklijm thank you too... the comparison video is actually the video that convinced me to get the Ncase M1, but somehow managed to forget the video entirely ? . Seriously though thank you I've been waiting over a year for this build an my anxiety level was over the roof thinking about what was the best configuration for cooling the PC.
Haha no problem man, thats what this forum is for. so good luck with your build, and posts some pictures when your done :)

Reactions: edamar

Quantum

Cable Smoosher
New User
Dec 20, 2019
I'm from Germany.

In my opinion the wrong customs declaration of LianLi is to blame for the misery. On the import documents that were presented to customs (and were attached to the package), the value of the goods was 2000 NTD (60 eur) plus shipping costs. The real invoice value according to the credit card statement (because the order confirmation is not accepted) differed more than twice from the declaration. Here the customs officers became suspicious and I think this was the reason to check the shipment more closely. I could have used the case - in the eyes of customs - as a medium for smuggling illegal goods etc. Just because not many people are willing to spend more than 200 Eur for a case (if you are not involved in the matter, it might seem even more suspicious). In the course of the closer examination the missing CE-mark was found. As far as I'm informed, it's not usual to unpack the complete article at the customs (I even had to open the side panels and the accessory boxes).

If Lianli hadn't written such nonsense on the declaration, I would probably have walked out of customs with the cable like the rest of you. Well, and now I have the cheese ?
Seems I was lucky then. I am also living ind Germany and brought the order confirmation and the bill to the customs. No issues with a wrong bill by Lian Li fortunatly. The officer did not watch into the case itself, just through the side panels. I had to open the small boxes though. I was also concerned about the power extension, but no issues with that. I think you glt very unlucky with the officer.

As for my build, I transfered my components, a r7 2700x on an Asrock b450 itx , cooled by an original L12, and an Msi Rtx 2070 Ventus in the Ncase. All went well on this, but I am not especially happy with the noise performance. I added a Nf-a9 in the back as exhaust and the 120mm and 92mm fan on the L 12 blowing on the motherboard, as blowing towards the side panel created much more noise and no thermal improvement at all. To try things out,I added a 3d-printed duct between the L12 and the side panel to help ist get fresh air, but this created a lot more noise created by the turbulances of the air moving through the side panel. That wasn‘t acceptable, as my case is located on my right on the desk.
So my question is: what CPU cooling to choose for most silent operation of a stock r7 2700x, both in 3d applications and gaming?
At time I consider both the C 14S and the U9S. I would clearly prefer the C14S because of it‘s better thermal performance, if also it‘s noise performance is simular or better than the u9s. I am a little bit worried about the turbulance-noise with the C14S though, as it is pushivg all the air through the side-panel. I also wonder, wich fan-setup is the most silent one with the C14.
I hope some can share their experience and help me to get my setup as quiet as possible Thanks!

mcmoser

Case Bender
New User
Dec 14, 2019
To add to the list of other Canadians who ordered, I also did not have any additional duties to pay. I chose the cheapest shipping option:

Ordered Dec. 12th, shipped 26th, Delivered today (10th).

2020-01-10 11:16
ST. HUBERT,QC, Delivered

2020-01-10 07:42
ST. HUBERT,QC, Item out for delivery

2020-01-10 01:29
ST. HUBERT,QC, Item processed

2020-01-09 15:16
MONTREAL,QC, Item processed

2020-01-05 13:46
RICHMOND,BC, Item processed

2019-12-30 16:45
RICHMOND,BC, Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing

2019-12-30 16:45
RICHMOND,BC, Item processed

2019-12-29 19:37
RICHMOND,BC, Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2019-12-27 09:47
TWTPEB,Taiwan, International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

2019-12-26 08:59
200450,Taiwan, International item mailed in originating country

dIM

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 11, 2020
On the site it says now "Note: We are unable to ship the current production run to Germany and the Netherlands due to an issue with certification compliance in those countries."
Does that mean I will not be able to order an Ncase M1 when preorders open later on my own risk? I would be fine with taking out the power cable, as it seems that is what is causing the issue.

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Seems odd since the certificatin compliance should apply to all countries of the european union and not only germany and netherlands.

I would also order a M1 and would take the risk of customs not handing over the case, maybe @Necere can give an update wether ppl from germany and netherlands may still order nonetheless

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
I ordered mine back in December, and I live in the Netherlands, but have had no trouble at all, so maybe I was lucky they didnt check my case and power cable (Because i think thats the problem without the CE chekmark), but its weird that only those two countrys have this problem, because as @Kuzan said, these conditions should apply to the whole EU and not two countrys.

msek

Caliper Novice
Dec 21, 2019
weird that only those two countrys have this problem

It's not weird. It only shows that it shouldn't apply in EU. If you order 100 cases and 10 are not allowed cuz of certification, and 90 get pass, it's fair? No. Applying more regulations, doesn't solve the problem - but who cares? People in Europe wanted it that way, tons of unnecessary regulations, and taxes to power a bureaucratic machine...

And this crap is only the beginning.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, technically it applies to all countries in the EU. However, it's only those two countries that people have had issues with customs. It's only a handful so far, and plenty of people in both countries have received cases without incident, but we don't want to take the risk of shipping to them at this point.

dIM

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 11, 2020
That is rough. I got an order placed in December which got cancelled because Shopify flagged it as high risk due to me using a proxy at work. Than last week the cases sold out while I was entering my shipping information and this week they are not being shipped to my country anymore at all. Talk about tough luck...

Will NCASE apply for the CE certificate or is my only chance now getting someone to order one for me to another country?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
That is rough. I got an order placed in December which got cancelled because Shopify flagged it as high risk due to me using a proxy at work. Than last week the cases sold out while I was entering my shipping information and this week they are not being shipped to my country anymore at all. Talk about tough luck...

Will NCASE apply for the CE certificate or is my only chance now getting someone to order one for me to another country?
Next run should have the CE mark.

Should I be concerned that the Ncase doesn't hold the CE mark? Is the product still safe to use, touch, look at, sit in the vicinity of, etc.?
It will give you cancer, but only if you live in California.