NCASE M1 V6 info

erotavlas

Caliper Novice
Dec 17, 2019
Wow that's crazy, I was able to complete my order but right after I did so I returned to the main page and they were sold out.
I can't believe these cases are so popular.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Those went quick. We may open orders again next weekend for those who missed out. After that the next time will be end of the month/beginning of February. Both Lian Li and Taiwan Post will be closed for around the last week of January for the Chinese New Year.

JayMoon

Chassis Packer
Jan 1, 2020
Oh I’m not giving up just will be putting everything in another case until I can actually get one
Ahh yeah there’s another drop next Saturday too. Good luck next week. I know you probably did it already but it’s worth it to make it an account and have shipping address and everything ready.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Those went quick. We may open orders again next weekend for those who missed out. After that the next time will be end of the month/beginning of February. Both Lian Li and Taiwan Post will be closed for around the last week of January for the Chinese New Year.

Will it be similar quantities because 4 minute window is crazy.

Little Engine

Efficiency Noob
Jan 1, 2020
It is difficult but not their fault. They have a larger batch of inventory but as I understand it the logistics of shipping around the Chinese New Year means they are opening orders for small batches that can be shipped quickly so there isn’t a several weeks gap between ordering windows. Apparently if the full production run was released at least 3 days of stock would be available but we’d all have to wait a month or so to even get a chance to order it. So this was the compromise Necere came up with.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Earlier post mentioned it would sell out sooner, like in 24 hours rather than the usual 3 days. Bit of an understatement but then shows how successful the product is in terms of demand.

Fhiko

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2019
This is not normal, if there is 10 pieces in stock so yess it wiil be gone in 10 sec. Peoples are wating months to get one.
when it will be again in stock? And how many pieces it will be then? 11 pieces this time?

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
One good thing the email notification worked this time unlike the December run when I did not get one. Received at 17:03 GMT though when probably already sold out seeing as I had one in basket at 17:02 and gone when finalised check out at 17:04.

Fhiko

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2019
Orders placed by January 5th at 3:59 PST/11:59 GMT will be shipped between January 9th and January 13th.

orders placed by 4 january why 5 january?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Earlier post mentioned it would sell out sooner, like in 24 hours rather than the usual 3 days. Bit of an understatement but then shows how successful the product is in terms of demand.
Orders placed by January 5th at 3:59 PST/11:59 GMT will be shipped between January 9th and January 13th.

orders placed by 4 january why 5 january?
I did not expect them to sell out quite so quickly. This was 1/5th of what was available during the previous order periods, and those lasted 3-4 days. I suppose it's a lot of people piling in initially and then tapering off when we have a larger quantity available. I had hoped this would give people more opportunities to get one - one day a week rather than 3-4 days every couple of months - but not if the demand keeps up like this. I guess I still expect it to taper off a bit, but we'll see. We'd just order more, but the earliest we can get production is the end of February.

Anyway, sorry if you couldn't get one. There were a lot of people competing for the few available (and yes, it was more than ten).

Fhiko

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2019
I did not expect them to sell out quite so quickly. This was 1/5th of what was available during the previous order periods, and those lasted 3-4 days. I suppose it's a lot of people piling in initially and then tapering off when we have a larger quantity available. I had hoped this would give people more opportunities to get one - one day a week rather than 3-4 days every couple of months - but not if the demand keeps up like this. I guess I still expect it to taper off a bit, but we'll see. We'd just order more, but the earliest we can get production is the end of February.

Anyway, sorry if you couldn't get one. There were a lot of people competing for the few available (and yes, it was more than ten).
So when i can get one?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Is there a list of recommended fans anywhere for bottom and rear as I get confused with all the letters and different types offered by Noctua.... I understand chromax option but not PWM and all the other letters used in model names.

Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask but plumping for this case and could do with sorting fans and other items out whilst i wait for delivery.
The most recommeded noctua side fans are nf-a12x25. These are the best 25mm thick fans you can get, but they only come in brown. The slim version nf-a12x15, comes in chromax (black) and brown. For under the gpu, use a12x25 if they fit, or else use a12x15. For rear fans you have the nf-a9 (25 mm thick) and nf-a9x14 (14 mm thick) , which both come in chromax and brown. The chromax versions are out of stock at the moment though.

ParallaxStax is partially correct, the NF-A12x25 also comes in black, or more like a dark grey-ish colour, since due to the new material Noctua is using on this fan, they couldn't get it completely black. Alhough, it hasn't come out yet. They are expected to be released in Q1 2020.

Reactions: Walfers

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So when i can get one?
Like I said, either next weekend or the beginning of February. People are sending angry emails because they sold out so quickly, so I'm not sure if a smaller quantity more frequently is going to work if they keep going at this rate. We could do twice the amount we just did every other week instead. Maybe that would be better.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
I personally think small quantities will cause this kind of rush each time. Which for the consumer causes a period of angst when they try to get through and order but cannot.

I know it has been mentioned before but perhaps some sort of preorder facility would pre empt this.

On a open window for ordering it might help advising quantities available. Securing an item for a few mins to allow time to checkout might help. For those not lucky enough to obtain one of the available units it might be beneficial to take the order allocating a certain quantity of next window allocation. This could be advised on checkout so buyer would be aware and cancel if not interested. I think most buyers would simply be happy to secure their allocation.

Last edited:

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Why not just open pre order, give an estiamted amount of time for when they case will be shipped/produced so ppl then can decide for themselfes if they want to wait that time and place a pre order (so you don't have to be online on a specific time). I think that would be the better option.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I personally think small quantities will cause this kind of rush each time. Which for the consumer causes a period of angst when they try to get through and order but cannot.
Damned if we do, damned if we don't though, right? We do smaller quantities more frequently -> people rush and near instant OOS -> upset people. Larger quantities less frequently -> OOS for a month or more a time -> upset people because we're always OOS. Can't win.

I know it has been mentioned before but perhaps some sort of preorder facility would pre empt this.
Yeah, but how would that work? If we just open pre-orders, they'll fill up just as fast as regular orders. So then what's the point?

On a open window for ordering it might help advising quantities available. Securing an item for a few mins to allow time to checkout might help.
This is a limitation of Shopify, and they seem to have some good reasons for it. Not sure I'd want to do that after reading that thread.

I guess what you're suggesting, and what a lot of people want, is a waiting list, essentially. I don't know how to do that on the back end, but I suppose it's something I can look into.

JakeTDC

Efficiency Noob
Jan 1, 2020
@Necere

expand...
Thanks for the update.

The need for pre ordering must be made available to us.

I missed out last time as the email notification was not sent and by the time I found out it was too late.

This time I have taken a day off work to make sure I could order one.

We all understand that this type of product can run into issues. I think I share the same need as others, we don't care about the timeline. We just want our names to a unit so we don't have to take the gamble when it does go live.

Thanks

Jake

Missed out again.......

You need to sort this out.

I'm not going to keep taking time off work or waking up at 3am.

If a pre order option is not added today my money is going elsewhere.

Thanks

Jake