NCASE M1 V6 info

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
but what about coil whine, i dont know how bad it is on newer GPUs and stuff, but my gtx 970 is pretty whiny, so my pc is pretty qiuet. but sometimes there will be some coil whine. in the beginning i thought something was about to blow up or something, but now it has grown to me. But still, coil whine is a (if it isnt that bad on newer tech) pretty loud sound source
The most expensive rx 5700 xt (strix) even has pretty loud coil whine... Almost wanted to return, but all other cards may have it too and with fps games I wear headphones. But still, a 500+ dollar card from a premium range should NOT have coil whine this loud...

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
The most expensive rx 5700 xt (strix) even has pretty loud coil whine... Almost wanted to return, but all other cards may have it too and with fps games I wear headphones. But still, a 500+ dollar card from a premium range should NOT have coil whine this loud...
Yeah there is not much you as a consumer can do about it, pretty poop. So hopefully there will be improvements in this area becasue its the most anoying thing. You do everything to get a as silent as possible system, and then the GPU says aight imma make noise

Reactions: lordzorg

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Yeah there is not much you as a consumer can do about it, pretty poop. So hopefully there will be improvements in this area becasue its the most anoying thing. You do everything to get a as silent as possible system, and then the GPU says aight imma make noise
Yeah true, my coil whine is sometimes the loudest part in my pc... The high pitch you get used to, but it's annoying af especially when you pay this much... F*ck the consumer right?!

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Yeah true, my coil whine is sometimes the loudest part in my pc... The high pitch you get used to, but it's annoying af especially when you pay this much... F*ck the consumer right?!
yeah absolutly true, for a company as big as ASUS its pretty shit that its still a thing. But i dont have any electrical engineering degree, so maybe there is just nothing that can be done to stop it? Or they dont want to put money in this problem, then it is f*ck the consumer

Morgul

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
Both the X570 and the B450 Gigabyte boards, I believe. @Morgul The 3700X has rather low TDP, and the NH-U9S should be able to handle it easily; you also can put a 120mm fan between the side bracket and the HDD cage to improve the airflow. I think you just need to decide what you require more: somewhat lower temperatures or better hardware compatibility.

@Aluminyum thanks for the advice. What you said is what I though in my first stage of components selection. The 3700x has a low TDP which will allow me to don't bother too much about the cooler, etc. But my latest forum readings generated me some doubts. My years of "wasting" time doing several tests with OC, UV, try different coolers, etc... has passed by. I feel lazy to start doing that things again.

This is the reason why I suddenly though in losing hw compatibility and assure the best temps for CPU. The idea of having almost no cables inside the case, is also tempted (if no disk, less cables).

So yes.... I have to decide :). I think I will go to the U9S solution and the 3.5 disk. No extra fans by now, nor rear, side or bottom, only U9S with its single fan blowing in horizontal the heatsink, the three fans of the Gigabyte 5700XT and the fan of the Corsair 750W PSU. And then, see how it goes. Maybe I have to do nothing, but if I feel it is too noisy for me or the overall temps are too high, I would start thinking in C14S or add some fans to the side, etc...

Oh dear... holy small form factor world.... this things didn't happen when I built my mid-tower 10 years ago...

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
@Morgul I'm glad if that was of help. I, myself, considered the NH-C14S initially, but now use an NH-U9S (two fans) with a Ryzen 5 3600 (same TDP as the 3700X), and the cooler stays quiet at low loads. Just keep in mind that you likely will need to set a custom fan curve (Zen 2 idiosyncrasies).

Reactions: Morgul

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I think everything that had to be said about the front io on the first production run is done and dusted now. I just vaguely remember @Necere mentioning that people would get a replacement if they wanted one when the next batch started moving.
We haven't forgotten, just have had our hands full and still need to work out some of the details.

Reactions: Titchiboi

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
Can you please tell if the Sapphire NITRO + Radeon RX 5700 XT video card will fit into the new Ncase? And can I put with her two fans below 120x15?

Twanvh

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2019
I'm planning a similar build with a Strix 2080S (since it should fit according to recent reports) but ditch the 140mm all together and follow the approach of this guy:

Not sure yet if I will add another 120x15mm on the bottom of the C14S
Is the left side dustfilter V6 different from the one for the v5 ?
This one looks like more see through then the one I have.

gnaix

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 11, 2019
I received the replacement,and it is perfect.

Fhiko

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2019
Hello,

I want to build a gaming PC and it must be really compact. I am looking at the ncase m1 but am not sure about the color. black or silver.

in addition, I want an i9 9900ks with 32GB ram and a RTX 2080 Super.

which cooling is the advice. i also want the system to be as quiet as possible in idle. In addition, I will place the side panel with window later. so wants it neat. do you have sugestions or photos and high end build?

thank you in advance.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Hello,

I want to build a gaming PC and it must be really compact. I am looking at the ncase m1 but am not sure about the color. black or silver.

in addition, I want an i9 9900ks with 32GB ram and a RTX 2080 Super.

which cooling is the advice. i also want the system to be as quiet as possible in idle. In addition, I will place the side panel with window later. so wants it neat. do you have sugestions or photos and high end build?

thank you in advance.
Well first of all, colour is your own prefrence. i personally bought the black one because im not so big a fan of the silver colour, but look at your own like clothing style, looks ofg your room, and base your colour on that :)
Also with a window panel i dont think you should go liquid becuase the fans will be completly chocked that way, and for the qiuetest system possible, go air. and for that setup look for something like the NH-U9S type of cooler, personally im a fan of these types of tower coolers because when the window is installed you are less likely to choke the fans, and not everything is covered up with fan. For more information I highly recommend the youtube channel optimum tech. and for your the videos about the M1, lots of extra info there!

Reactions: Fhiko

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Just a heads up: M1 V6.1 is out of stock on the site, however only half the production run has been sold and we've only stopped orders for the time being to keep the shipment size manageable. The next restock is planned for January 1st.

FYI though, once the rest of the production run is sold out, we won't have stock again until the end of February, as that's the soonest production slot available to us.

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Just a heads up: M1 V6.1 is out of stock on the site, however only half the production run has been sold and we've only stopped orders for the time being to keep the shipment size manageable. I expect we'll be restocking within a week or perhaps two.

FYI though, once the rest of the production run is sold out, we won't have stock again until the end of February, as that's the soonest production slot available to us.

Can you please update the first post with this information so people will see

Reactions: ParallaxStax

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Just a heads up: M1 V6.1 is out of stock on the site, however only half the production run has been sold and we've only stopped orders for the time being to keep the shipment size manageable. The next restock is planned for January 1st.

Glad I got in on the first day =)