NCASE M1 V6 info

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Trident Z RGB and Royal and Neo will fit just fine. Picture.

Thanks for posting this. The technical drawing form Noctua indicates that those 44 mm RAM modules are too tall by 4 mm, but they clearly fit. This must be because the RAM slot that the bottom of the module rests on (in?) is at least 4 mm lower than the top of the CPU.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Lots of incorrect info flying around. Let's straighten some things up.

Optimum Tech is the only person I've ever seen show the U9S beat a C14S. I'm guessing he likely had the fan blowing down on the board, in which case I was able to duplicate his numbers, otherwise it's a landslide victory for the C14S if you orient the fan properly, blowing through the sink to the side panel.

AIO's stomp the C14S at the cost of pump noise.
A C14S can be used with a 120mm fan with the psu in the stock position - you just need to contact noctua for some clips. Picture.
A C14S can be used with the included 140mm fan with the psu in the atx position for better temps. Picture.
A C14S can be used with the included 140mm fan + 120mm slim wedged between the psu and side panel + 120mm slim on top of the C14S for even better better temps. The U9S doesn't come close. Picture.
Trident Z RGB and Royal and Neo will fit just fine. Picture.

The only reason to go for a U9S is guaranteed motherboard compatibility and if you want to put a 3.5" drive in for some reason. I think I heard of one gigabye board having the CPU socket too high. So punchline, don't cheap out on a board and you'll be fine.
You are right, but, from my tests with realbench and a strix rx 5700xt and ryzen 7 3700x, the best fan set up is 92mm in the back as intake and 140mm under the c14s as intake too. Putting the 92mm as exhaust = 5 degrees hotter cpu and 140mm as exhaust = also 4-5 degrees hotter if the 92mm is intake.
Gpu temps improved by 2-3 degrees with the fans were both exhaust.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
You are right, but, from my tests with realbench and a strix rx 5700xt and ryzen 7 3700x, the best fan set up is 92mm in the back as intake and 140mm under the c14s as intake too. Putting the 92mm as exhaust = 5 degrees hotter cpu and 140mm as exhaust = also 4-5 degrees hotter if the 92mm is intake.
Gpu temps improved by 2-3 degrees with the fans were both exhaust.

No Accelero type mod on that 5700xt?

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
Hey, I also commented on your post in reddit! But no, stock strix in the v6 is perfect. And remove the fan shroud and you basicly have an Accelero.
That's what I have in mind, unless I possibly go custom loop. Get the gpu with the biggest heatsink and add 2x 120mm underneath

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Hey, I also commented on your post in reddit! But no, stock strix in the v6 is perfect. And remove the fan shroud and you basicly have an Accelero.

I currently run a deshrouded 2080ti - can confirm it works just like an Accelero.

As far as temp testing, I'm currently in the process of running the C14S through a suite of tests. I'll eventually get to all configurations including the intake 92mm and 140mm. We'll be able to see how that compares to a stock GPU.

Reactions: lordzorg

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
The Asrock is fine. Just wish it had a type C connector on the board so I could make use of the front panel I/O.
At least you have thunderbolt ;) But yh, the Impact has USB C, but comes with the DTX drawbacks and has no TMP header (I will have to use firmware TMP). None of the x570 ITX have 2.5 / 5 Gbps NIC. Overall for what they cost, it's not all that great.
Did you do any memory OC or tighter timings?

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
At least you have thunderbolt ;) But yh, the Impact has USB C, but comes with the DTX drawbacks and has no TMP header (I will have to use firmware TMP). None of the x570 ITX have 2.5 / 5 Gbps NIC. Overall for what they cost, it's not all that great.
Did you do any memory OC or tighter timings?
I bumped the memory up to 3300/16 from 3200/16. I don't fool around with it much because Intel isn't nearly as dependent on ram speed as ryzen.

Reactions: lordzorg

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Why are people going air instead of CLC is my question?
Pump noise. If you sit anywhere near your computer, even if you lower the pump to 60%, you're going to hear it. At least with air you can have the case completely silent while idle. Can't do that with a pump constantly humming in your face.

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
Pump noise. If you sit anywhere near your computer, even if you lower the pump to 60%, you're going to hear it. At least with air you can have the case completely silent while idle. Can't do that with a pump constantly humming in your face.
My low-rpm-at-idle case / rad push-pull fans are barely audible in my current H200i, and the pump at 60% at idle of my Kraken X52 is not audible given the case / rad fans. I cannot imagine this being much quieter with an air cooler at idle, and I am not even using Noctua but the NZXT Aer P 120mm x5 right now.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
My low-rpm-at-idle case / rad push-pull fans are barely audible in my current H200i, and the pump at 60% at idle of my Kraken X52 is not audible given the case / rad fans. I cannot imagine this being much quieter with an air cooler at idle, and I am not even using Noctua but the NZXT Aer P 120mm x5 right now.
I think that's the difference. You can't imagine it, but until you experience it you won't have a frame of reference using the M1. I know several people that went to an AIO and then back due to pump noise. Maybe it's the pitch?

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
I think that's the difference. You can't imagine it, but until you experience it you won't have a frame of reference using the M1. I know several people that went to an AIO and then back due to pump noise. Maybe it's the pitch?
lol - I clearly meant that I doubt that to be true. I can imagine plenty in fact. At least my X52 pump has no weird pitch, just a faint hum, even at 100% with fans off, I tested that quite a while ago. I know my fans could be even more silent, but mostly at load, at idle even the Aer P are decent. I am sitting right next to my case and never thought twice about pump noise and I am very much not a fan of noise. DDC custom loop pumps are likely more of an issue, or cheap CLC. The Asetek 5th gen pumps are very decent (e.g. Kraken X52). If they rattle, they are likely DOA. But each to their own. With my 3950X and OC, I don't have much choice anyway.

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
I ordered noctua nh-c14s, I am going to use it with 120mm fans. I would like to know if there are mounts (brackets) in the box for installing a 120mm fan?

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
I ordered noctua nh-c14s, I am going to use it with 120mm fans. I would like to know if there are mounts (brackets) in the box for installing a 120mm fan?
The C14S only has brackets for the included 140mm fan. You'll need to contact Noctua and request the clips - part number NM-SFC14. These do not fit very securely since they were meant to mount 120mm fans to the original C14, but you can kind of get it to work well enough to hold the 120mm fan in place.