NCASE M1 V6 info

JustRichard

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 18, 2019
To the best of my knowledge, w360 only has plans to offer it as an add-on sold separately (via w360mod.com) at this point.

I noticed on w360's website that he used older images of the glass window. I know this isn't your department, but will the v6 window look like the past iterations or will he opt for the full glass panel route? Tried contacting w360 about this but no reply ☹

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I noticed on w360's website that he used older images of the glass window. I know this isn't your department, but will the v6 window look like the past iterations or will he opt for the full glass panel route? Tried contacting w360 about this but no reply ☹
I believe the plan is for a full glass side window.

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
Confirmed:

Have a bunch of spares now... with 300mm of wire if anyone’s interested.

Original cable with Asus X570-I Strix adapter along side a sleeved custom.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Considering going air on my newest NCase v6 build. I'm thinking of purchasing a C14S to cool my 3950x.

I've read people using a 140x25mm under and a 120x15mm fan on top but have yet to see any pictures. Is it easy to mount the fans in such a configuration or will it require modification?

zoon

Cable Smoosher
Dec 12, 2019
I'm planning a similar build with a Strix 2080S (since it should fit according to recent reports) but ditch the 140mm all together and follow the approach of this guy:

Not sure yet if I will add another 120x15mm on the bottom of the C14S

Reactions: lordzorg

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
Considering going air on my newest NCase v6 build. I'm thinking of purchasing a C14S to cool my 3950x.

I've read people using a 140x25mm under and a 120x15mm fan on top but have yet to see any pictures. Is it easy to mount the fans in such a configuration or will it require modification?

I did my rig this way, if you mount the 140x25mm fan below you Will need to mount the psu in the ATX position (to the front of the case)
Only issue i can see is your mobo, as you Will use 3950, you're taking an x570?
The cpu socket location and the height of the other stuff on the mobo below the cooler is alsof something to look into...

ShinyChariot

Efficiency Noob
Jun 13, 2019
Finally ordered a Silver M1 after window shopping for the right case for over a year. I never buy anything for myself. What helped me decide on the NCASE was the dedicated community of users showing off all of the ways you can build in this thing, and that this case has been supported and iterated for years. Also a pep talk from the wife that it's okay to treat myself, especially during Christmas lol.

I also inherited my grandfather's engineering/drafting desk, and of all things, it comes with an old metal desk lamp with a silver finish that looks a little like an NCASE. He's also a PC enthusiast. I needed something classy to go with his things.

So cheers and happy holidays.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
I did my rig this way, if you mount the 140x25mm fan below you Will need to mount the psu in the ATX position (to the front of the case)
Only issue i can see is your mobo, as you Will use 3950, you're taking an x570?
The cpu socket location and the height of the other stuff on the mobo below the cooler is alsof something to look into...
I'm planning on the Asus RoG Impact or possibly the ASrock ITX. Does mounting it in the ATX position have any drawbacks to consider? I'd using a Corsair SF750

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
I'm planning a similar build with a Strix 2080S (since it should fit according to recent reports) but ditch the 140mm all together and follow the approach of this guy:

Not sure yet if I will add another 120x15mm on the bottom of the C14S
I'm curious as to why this would be more optimal. Care to elaborate? Can't you still fit a 140mm underneath and still do the same thing that guy does? I always took it as the more fans the better

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
I'm planning on the Asus RoG Impact or possibly the ASrock ITX. Does mounting it in the ATX position have any drawbacks to consider? I'd using a Corsair SF750
The major drawback ATX position + c14s is that you lose almost all mounting positions for harddrives. I have 2 2.5 drives, one in the front, other one hangs on one of the two included brackets. There is no room anymore to use the bracket as it is used in the manual. (Cooler and psu block the room)But it could be nicer if you would have a bracket from the left side to right side of the case.

Reactions: Ranker

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
The major drawback ATX position + c14s is that you lose almost all mounting positions for harddrives. I have 2 2.5 drives, one in the front, other one hangs on one of the two included brackets. There is no room anymore to use the bracket as it is used in the manual. (Cooler and psu block the room)But it could be nicer if you would have a bracket from the left side to right side of the case.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm only using two NVMe 2TB drives so losing SATA drives wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. Does one need the ATX bracket only included with the v6.1 or does the included bracket for the V6.0 allow for that positioning?

Morgul

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
Hi everyone!

I've just registered here, but I've been reading the forum since weeks ?. I also ordered the case, so I started to struggle with the final components.

The most complicate question is about the CPU cooler. I was already decided for the Noctua NH-U9S, but then the C14S appears into the picture.

It seems that it's more efficient but its mount has some drawbacks... Low profile memory are required (below 40mm), the 3.5 cage is useless...

As I wanted to keep using an old 3.5 disk, does someone know if the ncase still supports mounting 3.5 in the bottom of the case? Just below the GPU.

The GPU will be a gigabyte 5700xt gaming. The CPU a 3700x (maybe the u9s is more than enough to handle it w/o oc.

Thanks in advance guys!

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
Hi everyone!

I've just registered here, but I've been reading the forum since weeks ?. I also ordered the case, so I started to struggle with the final components.

The most complicate question is about the CPU cooler. I was already decided for the Noctua NH-U9S, but then the C14S appears into the picture.

It seems that it's more efficient but its mount has some drawbacks... Low profile memory are required (below 40mm), the 3.5 cage is useless...

As I wanted to keep using an old 3.5 disk, does someone know if the ncase still supports mounting 3.5 in the bottom of the case? Just below the GPU.

The GPU will be a gigabyte 5700xt gaming. The CPU a 3700x (maybe the u9s is more than enough to handle it w/o oc.

Thanks in advance guys!

i think necere removed these with v6 (cause it's not recommend)
using C14s and 3.5 drives, this guy found a nice solution:

you'll have to switch the 140x25 bottom cooler fan for a 120mm version

Morgul

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
Thanks Dries. Just what I feared. But I was not able to find the removal of that support in all the changelogs. I saw the addition of it (V3?) But then nothing about its removal.

It would be nice to include it @Necere although it's true that the case announce support only for 2x3.5 through the side brackets.

Back to the C14S, yes, I understand that Noctua will send me the 120mm support bracket once I can proof I've bought the cooler.

I was looking forward to have the 3.5 bottom support and use the 140mm fan without extra headaches ?.

Thanks again!

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
Thanks Dries. Just what I feared. But I was not able to find the removal of that support in all the changelogs. I saw the addition of it (V3?) But then nothing about its removal.

It would be nice to include it @Necere although it's true that the case announce support only for 2x3.5 through the side brackets.

Back to the C14S, yes, I understand that Noctua will send me the 120mm support bracket once I can proof I've bought the cooler.

I was looking forward to have the 3.5 bottom support and use the 140mm fan without extra headaches ?.

Thanks again!

Noctua will send you 120mm support brackets, i did ask mine as well, got it in about a week. But then in the end i did stick with the 140mm fan

Reactions: Morgul

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks again!
The bottom 3.5" drive mount was included from V1 up to V5; it had to go when I redesigned the bottom for the removable steel grille with increased ventilation.

Using a bottom drive with an air-cooled GPU would be a bad idea anyway, since it sits right below the card's fans and blocks a lot of the airflow to it. Also, a 3.5" drive is about 25mm tall, and would only fit under a max 2-slot thick card; that Gigabyte card is 50mm (2.5 slots), so you wouldn't have been able to fit the drive there regardless.

Reactions: Dawelio

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance guys!
Still need to make a separate post on my undervolts, but undervolt the 3700x to 4,2ghz and 1,25v and the fan won't ramp up so fast when normally the stock boost of 4,3ghz max and 1,45-1,5v kicks in. No performance penalty, 10 degrees lower temps and therefore lower fan speed.
Gpu (strix rx 5700xt) undervolted by - 900mv I believe. Same thing with temps, 10 degrees drop = 10% drop in fan speed. Stock speed = 60-70% for 68 degrees while on 100% game load. My strix does, with custom fan curve and undervolt, 40-50% fan speed with 68 degrees.

Last edited:
Reactions: lordzorg

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Hi,

Could you please add some renders regarding the Chassis v6.1 changes?
Fan bracket changes / Odd mounting changes mostly interest me.

Thanks!

Morgul

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
The bottom 3.5" drive mount was included from V1 up to V5; it had to go when I redesigned the bottom for the removable steel grille with increased ventilation.

Using a bottom drive with an air-cooled GPU would be a bad idea anyway, since it sits right below the card's fans and blocks a lot of the airflow to it. Also, a 3.5" drive is about 25mm tall, and would only fit under a max 2-slot thick card; that Gigabyte card is 50mm (2.5 slots), so you wouldn't have been able to fit the drive there regardless.

Yeah, I started to realize that (bad for GPU temps) when I finally see a picture with it. So I agree with your bottom redesign. Anyway I see it would not be an option because of the height. Thanks for the clarification ? I should have guessed it.

Still need to make a separate post on my undervolts, but undervolt the 3700x to 4,2ghz and 1,25v and the fan won't ramp up so fast when normally the stock boost of 4,3ghz max and 1,45-1,5v kicks in. No performance penalty, 10 degrees lower temps and therefore lower fan speed.
Gpu (strix rx 5700xt) undervolted by - 900mv I believe. Same thing with temps, 10 degrees drop = 10% drop in fan speed. Stock speed = 60-70% for 68 degrees while on 100% game load. My strix does, with custom fan curve and undervolt, 40-50% fan speed with 68 degrees.

Good to know! you mount a C14S with the 140 fan, I remember it! Did you ever tried something like "Thermalright Silver Arrow 130"? I've just seen someone mention it in one topic (https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...uild-ncase-m1-v6-air-cooled.11403/post-166530).

EDIT: Seems like it fits really good even for the memory. I wonder if it will suits the same in the X570 motherboards... ?

Last edited: