NCASE M1 V6 info

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
EDIT: Seems like it fits really good even for the memory. I wonder if it will suits the same in the X570 motherboards... ?

If uses the standard socket, ie AM4, it will fit the X570 motherboards as well. Since the socket mounting is the same... The only thing you need to keep in mind is the motherboard itself, ie it's layout. Not all motherboards are designed the same way and hence need to look out for big and tall heatsinks etc, and if they will interfere with said cooler or not.

Reactions: Morgul

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
If uses the standard socket, ie AM4, it will fit the X570 motherboards as well. Since the socket mounting is the same... The only thing you need to keep in mind is the motherboard itself, ie it's layout. Not all motherboards are designed the same way and hence need to look out for big and tall heatsinks etc, and if they will interfere with said cooler or not.

... also the location of the CPU socket on the motherboard. If the socket is too far from the PCI-E slot then the heatsink could be too high in the M1 and interfere with the case's internal power cable. Measure carefully (either physically if you possess the motherboard or virtually by counting pixels in a high-resolution face-on photo of the motherboard) to determine if a heatsink will fit on the motherboard and within the limits of the M1.

Reactions: Morgul

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
Niche question / I know it's been pretty much discussed to some extend already / I know it's probably not a good idea BUT it would make a window possible....

With the ASUS Impact DTX, a bottom radiator might be an issue, I get that. Based on my old Formula VI, which also has a backplate, the height of the DTX part of the board should be around 22mm, don't have the Impact yet. Also, based on the M1 v6 stock photos on page 1 of this thread, I was wondering if installing the 120mm fans + radiator with an offset, one "slot" further away from the motherboard, MIGHT just work. Any guesstimates or opinions? :D

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Does anyone have a picture of a C14S + 120mm top fan and 140mm bottom fan in an m1 in action? I'm still having my hard time wrapping my head around how this all fits and what modifications need to be made.

Bonus points if with an Asus ROG Impact dtx board or an ASROCK z570 itx board.

Ronald92

Case Bender
Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone!

Just ordered a N case M 1 and can't wait to receive it! My first custom pc was a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX. Did not last very long and now I have a lian li pc - 011 air with full custom watercooling. But I always wanted back to the smaller type of cases with big hardware and cooling support. So when I finally could order a NCase I could not wait.

I do have some questions about user experience and don't know if it is okay to ask them here... If not let me know and I will make a different topic.

Does the bequiet dark rock TF work nice in the NCase. I know it is a tight fit. But I think the cooler pulls fresh air from the side panel and Temps will be very nice.. But does it introduce air sound because it is so close to the mesh from the side panel?

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
Does anyone have a picture of a C14S + 120mm top fan and 140mm bottom fan in an m1 in action? I'm still having my hard time wrapping my head around how this all fits and what modifications need to be made.

Bonus points if with an Asus ROG Impact dtx board or an ASROCK z570 itx board.
Maybe this might help - WJDTECHSOLUTIONSInc

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
Hello everyone!

Just ordered a N case M 1 and can't wait to receive it! My first custom pc was a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX. Did not last very long and now I have a lian li pc - 011 air with full custom watercooling. But I always wanted back to the smaller type of cases with big hardware and cooling support. So when I finally could order a NCase I could not wait.

I do have some questions about user experience and don't know if it is okay to ask them here... If not let me know and I will make a different topic.

Does the bequiet dark rock TF work nice in the NCase. I know it is a tight fit. But I think the cooler pulls fresh air from the side panel and Temps will be very nice.. But does it introduce air sound because it is so close to the mesh from the side panel?
"bequiet dark rock" "ncase" > Imgur | not the easiest apparently

Last edited:

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Hello everyone!

From what I have read when I was chosing my hardware: dark rock tf is as good as a noctua c14s, but the dark rock tf pushes almost always the first ram stick away or doesn't fit at all due to motherboard socket and motherboard heatsink location. Some people also tested the new thermalright silver arrow 130 cooler and found it gave the same temps as the c14s. Save yourself the trouble and don't go with the dark rock tf.

Depending on your set-up, if it's not an intel at 5,0ghz and high voltage or 16 core ryzen, the noctua and thermalright are great.

Ronald92

Case Bender
Dec 13, 2019
"bequiet dark rock" "ncase" > Imgur | not the easiest apparently
From what I have read when I was chosing my hardware: dark rock tf is as good as a noctua c14s, but the dark rock tf pushes almost always the first ram stick away or doesn't fit at all due to motherboard socket and motherboard heatsink location. Some people also tested the new thermalright silver arrow 130 cooler and found it gave the same temps as the c14s. Save yourself the trouble and don't go with the dark rock tf.

Depending on your set-up, if it's not an intel at 5,0ghz and high voltage or 16 core ryzen, the noctua and thermalright are great.

thanks for the fast reply

i think that will be a no go for the dark rock. i like a challenge but that is inane.

depending what hardware will be available the next few months i will probably go with:
i7 9700k With direct die cooling ( i thought about the i5 9600k with direct die cooling but people tell me it will be worse in 1440p gaming) both have the productivity i need
A noctua C14S
Trident Z 3200mhz (have these) or swap them out for lower profile. The cooler will sit like 2mm lower because of direct die cooling so i don't know if the c14s will still work with the Trident Z
Corsair SFX 600 watt
Corsair MP510 2TB
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
And a '' RTX 3070'' when something like that will be available, but for now a GTX 1080 because i have one
and a Accelero Xtreme III Rev. 2

i don't know if it will all fit and how loud it will be

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Are there any compatibility issues with coolers, fans, or video cards if using an Asus RoG Crosshair VIII Impact board (DTX)?

Trying to decide whether to go with an Intel Z390 9900KS or AMD X570 3950x build

Morgul

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
yep, seems like they do :) Imgur
Omg ?. But Noctua specs says C14S has 40mm of clearance in low profile mode and the specs of Trident (https://www.gskill.com/faq) are 44mm.

Amazing....I suppose the fan are touching the upper side of the memory.... But if they fit fine, maybe I could keep my idea of Trident 3200 Z CL14...

P.D: after yesterday questions and giving several thoughts, I have decided to discard my old 3.5 disk and go ahead with C14S :)

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Amazing....I suppose the fan are touching the upper side of the memory.... But if they fit fine, maybe I could keep my idea of Trident 3200 Z CL14...

P.D: after yesterday questions and giving several thoughts, I have decided to discard my old 3.5 disk and go ahead with C14S :)
Why not just get an NH-U9S instead?

Reactions: Cristian

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Im proud to say that I just orderd myself a Ncase M1, very happy I did it, waited long to see what other companies did and stuff, and figuring out what suits my needs best, but kept coming back to this amazebalz piece of design. Still need 1 part to complete my own build after i recieve the case, but then i will be finally done with my PC after a long journey of 6 months of research, saving, buying and waiting on cases to release.

Morgul

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
Why not just get an NH-U9S instead?

Actually I'm starting to don't be sure about none of the two options! ?

One is use C14S with 140mm fan:
  • PROS: better temps (I think I read someone in the forum whose CPU temps lowered in 10ºC at full power. And 10ºC are good number :) ).
  • CONS: bye bye to side drive bracket support and force to put the PSU in ATX position (I would say it's worse for its temps). Unless the cooler uses a 120mm fan.
Second is the U9S:
  • PROS: more space in the case, full use of all accessories (side bracket, PSU in its expected position)
  • CONS: worse temperatures. Maybe the use of two fans in the U9S could reduce the gap from 10ºC to 5ºC?? Five degrees is something acceptable...

C14S solution is also more expensive because apart from the cooler, I would go for the ASUS Strix x570 motherboard instead of the Gigabyte Aorus (230€ vs 311€)...

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
i think necere removed these with v6 (cause it's not recommend)
using C14s and 3.5 drives, this guy found a nice solution:

you'll have to switch the 140x25 bottom cooler fan for a 120mm version
in the 2nd picture, isnt that fan completly choked becasue of the closed of panel? and because its so close to it, the fans underneath dont have the power to push enough air in that little space.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Lots of incorrect info flying around. Let's straighten some things up.

Optimum Tech is the only person I've ever seen show the U9S beat a C14S. I'm guessing he likely had the fan blowing down on the board, in which case I was able to duplicate his numbers, otherwise it's a landslide victory for the C14S if you orient the fan properly, blowing through the sink to the side panel.

AIO's stomp the C14S at the cost of pump noise.
A C14S can be used with a 120mm fan with the psu in the stock position - you just need to contact noctua for some clips. Picture.
A C14S can be used with the included 140mm fan with the psu in the atx position for better temps. Picture.
A C14S can be used with the included 140mm fan + 120mm slim wedged between the psu and side panel + 120mm slim on top of the C14S for even better better temps. The U9S doesn't come close. Picture.
Trident Z RGB and Royal and Neo will fit just fine. Picture.

The only reason to go for a U9S is guaranteed motherboard compatibility and if you want to put a 3.5" drive in for some reason. I think I heard of one gigabye board having the CPU socket too high. So punchline, don't cheap out on a board and you'll be fine.