NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Sorry @Necere, the power cable that comes with the v6.1 is with the right angle for people that mount the PSU in the ATX position? Thanks!
The power inlet location and orientation varies from PSU to PSU, but the right angle cable included with V6.1 works better with the Corsair SF series SFX power supplies (in both side and front mounting locations in the M1). They're easily the most popular SFX PSUs now, so it makes sense to include the right angle cable.

Reactions: MDKenley

M1_First_SFF

Case Bender
Dec 10, 2019
Pre-ordered at lunch today and so excited for my first SFF build as soon as it arrives!

I’ve been picking up parts over the last few weeks and was just waiting on case and cooling. The more I read about the M1, the more it seemed like the best choice for me since you can get great CPU and GPU performance and still have a pretty portable desktop.

@Necere I am sure that Lian Li’s batch shipping is out of your control, but man it would be amazing if there was anything you could do to nudge them into shipping them out sooner than the 10 days it was quoted as taking. I know it’s a long shot but just wanted to express my excitement and see if there was any hope.

Also big thanks to all of the forum members here sharing their builds and knowledge - it’s been super fun to see all of your projects and learn from you all!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere I am sure that Lian Li’s batch shipping is out of your control, but man it would be amazing if there was anything you could do to nudge them into shipping them out sooner than the 10 days it was quoted as taking. I know it’s a long shot but just wanted to express my excitement and see if there was any hope.
Asked w360 about this - his official answer is shipping on the 20th, but he'll try to push it sooner to the extent he's able.

M1_First_SFF

Case Bender
Dec 10, 2019
Asked w360 about this - his official answer is shipping on the 20th, but he'll try to push it sooner to the extent he's able.

Wow very cool - thank you so much for reaching out! Super excited for the case even if it does take a bit of time to get to the US. Gives me a bit more time to figure out ideal cooling and get my fans :-)

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
The power inlet location and orientation varies from PSU to PSU, but the right angle cable included with V6.1 works better with the Corsair SF series SFX power supplies (in both side and front mounting locations in the M1). They're easily the most popular SFX PSUs now, so it makes sense to include the right angle cable.
So the v6 comes with left angled? And the v6.1 with right angled? Because then I know which to buy!

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
Has anyone mentioned the duty for import in the UK? Ive been looking but can't find it
I'm interested, too. I would guess some import fee and 20% VAT on top of that. Not cheap at all...
I paid $535 (two cases plus "fast"... shipping which I read a few hours after ordering on here and discord I should not have done, nice work on that and unable to change that since their edit button in the shop does not work @Necere ) - so that's 535 * 1.035 (vague assumption) * 1.2 = ~$665 = ~ £253 per case.
I know this is small production, but given these were available via Scan UK and Overclockers UK at some point, this whole shipping and importing individually a real pain.

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
I'm interested, too. I would guess some import fee and 20% VAT on top of that. Not cheap at all...
I paid $535 (two cases plus "fast"... shipping which I read a few hours after ordering on here and discord I should not have done, nice work on that and unable to change that since their edit button in the shop does not work @Necere ) - so that's 535 * 1.035 (vague assumption) * 1.2 = ~$665 = ~ £253 per case.
I know this is small production, but given these were available via Scan UK and Overclockers UK at some point, this whole shipping and importing individually a real pain.

Second that, i did pay 245 dollars for the case with cheapest shipping. Had to pay an extra 96 dollars for tax and import.
Getting the case from overclockers.uk or similar would have saved me alot. The overal buying experience would be much better too, i did nearly wait a full month on my case. Belgium customs are greedy and lazy. The case is defenitly worth 210 dollars, but at 340 dollars i could have had second thoughts... Or not, the case is stunning ?

AsTuRkInG

Cable Smoosher
Jul 1, 2018
W360mod is w360's new website. He's developing the window, and plans to sell it there. The image on the site is of the old window panel, and just a placeholder right now. I believe he's still planning on making a full glass side panel with no aluminum border, so there should be no concerns with finish mismatches.

So... Will be available the glass version directly from the Ncases store or this will be an addon separated?
I think that this is a point to some people that are looking this option and they doesnt know if buy it now or wait until it will be available

Reactions: lordzorg

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Second that, i did pay 245 dollars for the case with cheapest shipping. Had to pay an extra 96 dollars for tax and import.
Getting the case from overclockers.uk or similar would have saved me alot. The overal buying experience would be much better too, i did nearly wait a full month on my case. Belgium customs are greedy and lazy. The case is defenitly worth 210 dollars, but at 340 dollars i could have had second thoughts... Or not, the case is stunning ?

I had the same problem when I got my ghost this time last year, the duties are a bitch and I got hit hard getting it in Canada but that's what happens with a boutique product. Free trade is a pain sometimes.

Twanvh

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2019
I only had to pay a fee for the customs check (I believe 30-35 euro's). But if you are unlucky, you have to 21% taxes on the cost of the case when they hold it at the customs.
I think customs will charge more often 21% taxes, if more sff cases come to the Netherlands.

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
20th Dec shipping date + 7-15 days in transit should mean my cases would arrive during a busy / lazy period, hopefully the good customs people will let things go a little easy :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@PlayfulPhoenix set up the new website, I will pass on the info about the bugged edit button to him.

Regarding UK distribution, @Wahaha360 is pretty set on not selling through distributors. We've discussed it a few times in the past, but he doesn't feel it's worth it after running the numbers, unfortunately.

Reactions: lordzorg

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So... Will be available the glass version directly from the Ncases store or this will be an addon separated?
I think that this is a point to some people that are looking this option and they doesnt know if buy it now or wait until it will be available
To the best of my knowledge, w360 only has plans to offer it as an add-on sold separately (via w360mod.com) at this point.