NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Judging by the pictures:

I would say that the 143 mm datum is based on the height including pci bracket, it looks shorter than eg. EVGA FTW cards that are 140mm tall.
Ah yeah, you're right. The Galax site wasn't working for me earlier, but now I can see they give both the measurement with and without the bracket. For M1 compatibility I use the dimensions without the bracket, so that's what we're interested in. Sans bracket they give 285*127*52mm, so length/thickness are just barely within the range of what fits with the front I/O ports in place. The height is okay, except that the PCIe power connectors are not recessed so it only leaves 13mm to the side panel. That's going to be a real tight fit with standard connectors; low profile adapters might be required here.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hey guys! I was lucky enough to get my hands on both a 3950x and a V6 case. I'm planning to buy a 1080ti with the intent to wait and see what the next gen Nvidia cards are like in 6 months, at which point I'll probably sell the 1080ti for a slight loss. The only thing holding me up in building my system is choosing a motherboard. I'm between the Crosshair Impact and the Strix X570-I.

If I go with the itx board, I can build a dual 240mm custom loop with a 240mm rad in the bottom of the case. However, I'm drawn to the Impact board.

If I go with the Impact, it seems the bottom of the PCB and the soundcard would conflict with a bottom radiator, so I couldn't do a custom loop with dual 240 rads. I would use a 240mm AIO and likely an accelero 3 with 2NFA-12x25's underneath instead.

Cost aside, which would you go for? Which would likely cool the GPU more effectively? Would a 240mm rad be choked for air in the bottom of the case? Since there aren't many workloads which put a lot of stress on both the CPU and GPU simultaneously, would I be better with the custom loop even if the bottom radiator were to dissipate less heat than the accelero 3? I've read ALL of this thread and watched Optimum Tech's videos already, there just doesn't seem to be much information out there about a dual radiator set up and temps. How much of a pain would maintenance be on a custom loop like this?
Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.
I generally don't recommend a bottom rad as the restrictive airflow does limit performance quite a bit. It's also considerably more challenging to do dual 240 rads and IMO not really worth it.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Any news on the release date of the site/new ncase, and are you going to make it available on European sites like amazon.de or over lockers.co.uk? Because import fees are just a killer

Reactions: RolandX

watdakwan

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 4, 2019
Any news on the release date of the site/new ncase, and are you going to make it available on European sites like amazon.de or over lockers.co.uk? Because import fees are just a killer

Ncase M1 and its accessories will be available on ncases.com
Necere said it'll be available for pre-order probably a week or two but with low quantity so it might be sold out in 2-3 days

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Ncase M1 and its accessories will be available on ncases.com
Necere said it'll be available for pre-order probably a week or two but with low quantity so it might be sold out in 2-3 days

Yes, but when? As "ncases.com" has been "OPENING SOON" for a while now...

On another note, does anyone in here have an V6 or perhaps even V5 and an 1080 Ti Strix?... I'm wondering if Noctua's slim 120mm fits in the bottom, under an 1080 Ti Strix?

kkl888

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
Judging by the pictures:

I would say that the 143 mm datum is based on the height including pci bracket, it looks shorter than eg. EVGA FTW cards that are 140mm tall.

Yup the 143mm is including the bracket. Thanks @riba2233

Ah yeah, you're right. The Galax site wasn't working for me earlier, but now I can see they give both the measurement with and without the bracket. For M1 compatibility I use the dimensions without the bracket, so that's what we're interested in. Sans bracket they give 285*127*52mm, so length/thickness are just barely within the range of what fits with the front I/O ports in place. The height is okay, except that the PCIe power connectors are not recessed so it only leaves 13mm to the side panel. That's going to be a real tight fit with standard connectors; low profile adapters might be required here.
Cool~ looks like i can get this. In that case, does the max thickness limit take into account of the bottom case fans? Can I still fit 15mm thick fans with 52mm thick GPU?

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019

On another note, does anyone in here have an V6 or perhaps even V5 and an 1080 Ti Strix?... I'm wondering if Noctua's slim 120mm fits in the bottom, under an 1080 Ti Strix?
For the 1080ti Strix people usually remove the shroud and the fans and use two Noctua nf-a12x25 as exhaust.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Ehy guys, I have a deal on a Vega 64 Nitro+ Limited Edition, I would remove the shroud and fans so it should fit, the problem is the PSU. I have a Corsair SF750 platinum, do you know if it comes with 3 pcie 8pin cables? In case it doesn't where I can find some good sleeved cables like the one the PSU comes with? Thanks!

Last edited:

Manusdei

Efficiency Noob
May 27, 2017

I've fitted a 1080ti strix with both slim fans under it, and with the stock GPU fans removed and standard fans in the bottom of the case. both fitted fine, pita to get it in there tho.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Ehy guys, I have a deal on a Vega 64 Nitro+ Limited Edition, I would remove the shroud and fans so it should fit, the problem is the PSU. I have a Corsair SF750 platinum, do you know if it comes with 3 pcie 8pin cables? In case it doesn't where I can find some good sleeved cables like the one the PSU comes with? Thanks!

FYI for anyone with the earlier 80 Gold rated Corsair SF power supplies (SF450 and SF600) or anyone with the newer Platinum versions, including the SF750, Corsair sells the Premium PSU Cable Kit for SF Series power supplies (CP-8920202). These are the same cables as come with the Platinum versions of these power supplies. They are also available from other retailers.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019

I have a strix rx 5700xt. In my case, a strix cools enough to keep the temps in check with a custom fan curve at 40-50% fan speed. I doubt a slim fan will help much other than producing noise. The higher feet and more ventilation on the v6 help a lot!
Other tip: undervolt your gpu and/or remove the shroud, bent 2 metal taps and put 2 noctua sterrox 25mm fans underneath. Best optiom for cooling a strix.

Reactions: lordzorg

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
I had my 3950X shipment confirmed today, have all my other parts ordered, just waiting for an opportunity to get the M1 v6. Hopefully the new ncases.com shop won't be too long :)

Reactions: ParallaxStax

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I have a strix rx 5700xt. In my case, a strix cools enough to keep the temps in check with a custom fan curve at 40-50% fan speed. I doubt a slim fan will help much other than producing noise. The higher feet and more ventilation on the v6 help a lot!
Other tip: undervolt your gpu and/or remove the shroud, bent 2 metal taps and put 2 noctua sterrox 25mm fans underneath. Best optiom for cooling a strix.

Sorry, but no idea what you meant here...

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
I doubt a slim fan will help much other than producing noise.
Actually, it might help: if their card has semi-passive cooling, an extra fan beneath the GPU could prevent the card's fans from ramping up at low loads (e.g., watching video), while staying virtually inaudible itself. (Your mileage may vary, though.)

@Dawelio Regarding the clearance...
Two slots (<42mm) for 25mm thick fans, 2.5 slots (<52mm) for 15mm thick fans.

Reactions: Dawelio